Page 712 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 212612662702708709710711712713714715716722762812 ... LastLast
Results 10,666 to 10,680 of 16893

Just like Totoma was, rather.

Now he's... well, wary of purebreds (understandably) but warms up quickly if they're not hostile. And if they are, he... pretty much just goes "ok" and treats them with a distant, sorta business-like relationship.

Before... hm. Well, I would say his issues were exaggerated due to the circumstances. At first, he was legit trying to become friends with Sarada, only to be met with... indifference or disgust. With the occasional semi-...not hostile moment, but it was basically frustrating. Learning that he was second fiddle to his mother and about Jagam.... basically caused him to start unraveling, mentally.

If he'd gotten some alone time/Ishtime to meditate and relax, instead of the constant EXPLOSIONS AND TRAINING AND VERBAL SPARRING WITH THE MEAN SAIYAN GIRL, he could've lasted till the current point... if he'd met Maiz and the kids in that scenario, well...

...he's probably not incorrect in that meeting them would've been sufficient to help him mostly overcome his issues with (purebred) saiyan. Not completely, mind, but he still would've entertained the kids as the Just Saiyan and, by the end of the conversation, almost certainly would have chosen to warn and inform Vacado about Jagam and his capabilities.

So yeah... the mind-fix turned out to be completely unnecessary.

Lol.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    So yeah... the mind-fix turned out to be completely unnecessary.

Lol.
    Actually, I found it to be a rather interesting decision from Cleric.

First, it gave him a chance to build sympathy for Evangeline. Prior to this, she was simply a woman with a grudge who had manipulated the fate of twenty-two people for the purpose of revenge/saving the universe. Without this, I'm not sure we would have learned Kami's name, or understood just how much she'd suffered, so when/if she eventually died it would have been a resounding 'meh'.

Second, it forced Ishtar to face some demons, both literally and figuratively. She grew pretty irrationally angry at the time, when it came out that Kami had both nudged her fate in a different direction, and had spoken with Kami; and while she had apologized for the outburst ... she would not have taken to the tasks set before her with any level of seriousness. Ishtar doesn't care about the Dragonballs, didn't really care about Fife or what he'd done, she was there because she gave her word she would help before she understood what Eva had done.

That Ishtar later offered to help the girl if she needed anything, despite her apathy to the situation itself; and it resulted in her experiencing the pain of another in addition to her own pain ... sort of forced Ishtar into giving a shit.

So like, by Totoma being selfish butt, and Kami being his sin-eater, it helped Ishtar in a roundabout way.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Actually, I found it to be a rather interesting decision from Cleric.

First, it gave him a chance to build sympathy for Evangeline. Prior to this, she was simply a woman with a grudge who had manipulated the fate of twenty-two people for the purpose of revenge/saving the universe. Without this, I'm not sure we would have learned Kami's name, or understood just how much she'd suffered, so when/if she eventually died it would have been a resounding 'meh'.

Second, it forced Ishtar to face some demons, both literally and figuratively. She grew pretty irrationally angry at the time, when it came out that Kami had both nudged her fate in a different direction, and had spoken with Kami; and while she had apologized for the outburst ... she would not have taken to the tasks set before her with any level of seriousness. Ishtar doesn't care about the Dragonballs, didn't really care about Fife or what he'd done, she was there because she gave her word she would help before she understood what Eva had done.

That Ishtar later offered to help the girl if she needed anything, despite her apathy to the situation itself; and it resulted in her experiencing the pain of another in addition to her own pain ... sort of forced Ishtar into giving a shit.

So like, by Totoma being selfish butt, and Kami being his sin-eater, it helped Ishtar in a roundabout way.
    Oh, don't get me wrong. It certainly led to some interesting character/history development/building, but as far as Totoma himself is concerned... it was pretty much unnecessary. On the whole, I'd say it was a good decision, with interesting consequences for others, but for Totoma specifically, the only real issue that sprouted from it was Karine's concerns that he was essentially a fake... which she seems to have gotten over now. Or at least has pushed to the back of her mind.

...well, I suppose there was causing existential angst in Shiro, but that's more of an indirect consequence, and All-Midori sorted that out, so... yeah.

Oh, don't get me wrong. It certainly led to some interesting character/history development/building, but as far as Totoma himself is concerned... it was pretty much unnecessary. On the whole, I'd say it was a good decision, with interesting consequences for others, but for Totoma specifically, the only real issue that sprouted from it was Karine's concerns that he was essentially a fake... which she seems to have gotten over now. Or at least has pushed to the back of her mind.

...well, I suppose there was causing existential angst in Shiro, but that's more of an indirect consequence, and All-Midori sorted that out, so... yeah.
    It was like taking Meds, they were off eventually and then you are right back to being depressed, or anxious, or OCD or Bi-Polar.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Yea, I figured Totoma would eventually progress past it for one reason or another but mainly because ...

There's three individuals in the cast that are pretty well suited for the kind of help he needs (Asha'rah, Ishtar, Ochazuke). That it happened this way seemed to be more of a help for others- or a hindrance in the case of "Are the Android Sheep I'm Dreaming of, Mine ?"- while Totoma is just sort of freed from the burden of having to face the demons in a more traditionally painful way.

All in all though, I'd say it was a completely necessary, wholly necessary action.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It was like taking Meds, they were off eventually and then you are right back to being depressed, or anxious, or OCD or Bi-Polar.
    I could play it like that, and... that was actually what I proposed to Cleric. Rather, I proposed that it be temporary and gradually wear off. Essentially, a reprieve to allow Totoma the stability to sort himself out effectively, so that by the time it wore off, he'd have a much better foundation to work from.

...but then Cleric had Eva go all sin-eater, so... yeah. I suppose, I dunno, Fife could undo the repair to spite Eva, which would be... uh...

...to be honest, I am sort of expecting something like that to happen.

I'M ONTO YOU, CLERIC.

Yea, I figured Totoma would eventually progress past it for one reason or another but mainly because ...

There's three individuals in the cast that are pretty well suited for the kind of help he needs (Asha'rah, Ishtar, Ochazuke). That it happened this way seemed to be more of a help for others- or a hindrance in the case of "Are the Android Sheep I'm Dreaming of, Mine ?"- while Totoma is just sort of freed from the burden of having to face the demons in a more traditionally painful way.

All in all though, I'd say it was a completely necessary, wholly necessary action.
    My main regret is that Totoma can't learn berserking from Ishtar (right) now. Like, seriously, I had a rough draft of his version of Aeshma figured out and everything. Just imagine it!

THE THREE BERSERKETEERS.

My main regret is that Totoma can't learn berserking from Ishtar (right) now. Like, seriously, I had a rough draft of his version of Aeshma figured out and everything. Just imagine it!

THE THREE BERSERKETEERS.
    Well, I mean he technically could.

Ishtar would just have to force a traumatic incident. Or take longer to teach him.

Arx Inosaan

Only things Ishtar can't teach, are the use of Hakai energy, Armaiti, or Aka Manah.

Arx Inosaan

Well, I mean she technically could.

She would just have to force a traumatic incident.
    Jinzi: Here's that portable muffin button I promise you, Totoma.

*Ishtar Grabs it before Totoma can and crushes it*

Totoma: This, except replace Gohan's corpse with the muffin button's pieces.

Jinzi: Here's that portable muffin button I promise you, Totoma.

*Ishtar Grabs it before Totoma can and crushes it*

Totoma: This, except replace Gohan's corpse with the muffin button's pieces.
    Nah, Karine is his weak point.

Arx Inosaan

Nah, Karine is his weak point.
    You underestimate a Saiyan's love of muffins.

Ever wonder why Totoma's so keen on getting a muffin button?

Muffins are literally a drug to Saiyans.

Many in the meat market, after making their mix-tapes, go down to the muffin dealer and spend all their money on, say, a blueberry muffin to make the pain go away.

Ever wonder why Totoma's so keen on getting a muffin button?

Muffins are literally a drug to Saiyans.

Many in the meat market, after making their mix-tapes, go down to the muffin dealer and spend all their money on, say, a blueberry muffin to make the pain go away.

I did not.

Karine has the biggest muffins in the game.

Arx Inosaan

I did not.

Karine has the biggest muffins in the game.
    I...

...huh.

I can't actually argue with this logic. Totoma would actually compare Karine to a delicious muffin if I had thought of it before. I'm actually going to have him start doing that.

I...

...huh.

I can't actually argue with this logic. Totoma would actually compare Karine to a delicious muffin if I had thought of it before. I'm actually going to have him start doing that.
    I mean it's true.

I think the muffin hierarchy is like ...

1. Karine
    2. Nunlil
    3. Ishtar
    4. Sarada
    5. Meagan
    6. Etrina
    7. Shiro
    8. Erosa
    9. Midori

Arx Inosaan