Page 841 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 341741791831837838839840841842843844845851891941 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,615 of 16893
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Then it still should be on track, I suppose. Question now is whether the promise to train Ishtar to fight, is kept.

I won't jump the gun until it comes to pass; but it might make sense to assume Aka Manah is active depending on which adventure this is.
    Hm. Depending on when Ishtar plans on setting sail, they can get started after story time. It can continued until she leaves. As for her adventures, it'll be an emotional journey, so Aka Manah can be active certainly.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I realize that we can do time skip/flash back shenanigans, but in real world time, how much time do we have to post for the six month gap adventures before we start Chapter 2?

Thanks! That might be towards the tail end of the gap.
    I don't think I'll be posting much for Meagan during this time. Not unless I come up with something out of the ordinary, and right now I don't have any ideas. Writing about straight forward training can be a little dull. But I'll think on it.

Suggestions always welcome.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-30-2018 at 05:13 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    As a note, the sidestory health we have in this RPG is wonderful. I don't know if 5 days or even two weeks would be enough to play out the major plot points we could get up to in 6 months of time "skip." Some sidestory can of course be done by skipping back, but others have potential to massively affect our characters and their outlooks, making present-timeline interaction awkward at best.
    I imagine Cleric can leave this thread open so we can post time-skip stuff at our leisure while still playing in Chapter 2.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

*Embodiment of the Universe and God of Creation get into moral slap fight while beating each other*

*Embodiment of Time and Time Mage take Time out on sideline to watch*

*Popcorn intensifies*

Alright, so, everyone, just a FYI...

My GPU decided that right now would be a great time to die, so... yeah, I may be kinda scarce until I sort things out. I mean, I can still post, but things are kinda... eh.... well, I'm using the MOBO graphics, so things are kinda... delayed at my normal resolution.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Just a note, Ishtar asked Tasure about her training. Unless stated otherwise, Ishtar, AKA "Miss Old As Shit", is gonna creep.

Possibly.

She's going through a bit of an emotional spell.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Alright, so, everyone, just a FYI...

My GPU decided that right now would be a great time to die, so... yeah, I may be kinda scarce until I sort things out. I mean, I can still post, but things are kinda... eh.... well, I'm using the MOBO graphics, so things are kinda... delayed at my normal resolution.
    Also this is not good.

If you don't want to post things, given the state of things ... I think we'd understand. Hope it's not too bad.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Just a note, Ishtar asked Tasure about her training. Unless stated otherwise, Ishtar, AKA "Miss Old As Shit", is gonna creep.

Possibly.

She's going through a bit of an emotional spell.

Also this is not good.

If you don't want to post things, given the state of things ... I think we'd understand. Hope it's not too bad.
    I was actually intending to respond after waking up.

Unfortunately, putting my computer into sleep mode is what caused my GPU to finally die. I... woke up, tried to get my computer to work for a long time, went to work, told them outright that I'd be gone for the next day or two, and then came back home and went to sleep again.

Woke up around 11 AM and have spent a good 2-3 hours trying to get the damn thing to work... finally gave up and switched to the onboard graphics.

I'm more annoyed that I'm gonna have to spend several hundred dollars on a new GPU.

Or several hundred dollars on a laptop.

Though, I suppose once I adjust to the slight delay, I'd be OK to post.

Incidentally, I have a new keyboard now.

I may or may not have destroyed my old one (which needed replaced due to cats chewing on the cord) this morning.

>_>

The Gamer's Curse.

You have my condolences.

Arx Inosaan

I don't know if the prices have stabilized since the cryptomining bullshit, but I bought a couple of those Radeon RX 480s when they came out, for like ... $500, and I've not run into trouble with any of the games released to date.

Though I think it's the 500 series now ... Which is like ... Bleh. I hate technology.

Arx Inosaan

I don't know if the prices have stabilized since the cryptomining bullshit, but I bought a couple of those Radeon RX 480s when they came out, for like ... $500, and I've not run into trouble with any of the games released to date.

Though I think it's the 500 series now ... Which is like ... Bleh. I hate technology.
    I was using a trusty ol' hd7950, which I've had since... 2013, I think? So I got a five year run out of it, with no real issues besides dust and some annoying fan resonance, so... yeah, I'd say I got my money's worth.

And yeah, the reason I was so... irate is because last I heard, prices were jacked up because of crypocurrency mining. I mean, I've got enough money to build at least 2-3 top-of-the-line rigs, but... ehh...

...I'm the type of person that hates spending money, ya know?

Still, I guess I've gotta start researching what the current 'bang for buck' card is... I don't need two cards or THE BEST, really.

Tasure: Act now and get a free trip to poundtown!

Well I got two, becuase for half the price it was a rough equal for the then current top end (the 1080). I figure I'll be good til around 2021/22, but I'll need to upgrade everything else (minus RAM) soon. Computer was built in 2011, and was top end, back then so ... It's about time.

Just checking though, it looks like the new RX series (580, etc) are only around $350 to start. And back when the boom was going, my 480 was like ... $500 for one.

So I'd say prices are better. Not sure what the current top end is however.

Arx Inosaan

Well I got two, becuase for half the price it was a rough equal for the then current top end (the 1080). I figure I'll be good til around 2021/22, but I'll need to upgrade everything else (minus RAM) soon. Computer was built in 2011, and was top end, back then so ... It's about time.

Just checking though, it looks like the new RX series (580, etc) are only around $350 to start. And back when the boom was going, my 480 was like ... $500 for one.

So I'd say prices are better. Not sure what the current top end is however.
    I think I might go with a GTX 1060. It's around the same performance as the RX 580 overall--and better in the games I typically play--and tends to be slightly cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    I think I might go with a GTX 1060. It's around the same performance as the RX 580 overall--and better in the games I typically play--and tends to be slightly cheaper.
    Oh nice. It's about where the 8GB 480 was when they first dropped ... and Oooh.

Ooh.

Yea those are nice, and you'd only need one of those puppies.

Arx Inosaan