Page 986 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 48688693697698298398498598698798898999099610361086 ... LastLast
Results 14,776 to 14,790 of 16893

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Not particularly crazy about getting dropped on a planet where the average PL is 21000+ but it is what it is.
    The power levels usually only run from 6,000 to 12,000. None of the Nagadarr are as powerful as you suggested. Their armor and weapons give them an added advantage, but one that can be circumvented.

If you are basing it on Meagan's fight, don't. She isn't fully aware of her own power and she panicked. Grin was about 9,000 and Meagan was about 7,500. A Basic Kaio-ken would have more then handled him, but she went overboard and used x1.5, level 2 Kaio-ken.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The power levels usually only run from 6,000 to 12,000. None of the Nagadarr are as powerful as you suggested. Their armor and weapons give them an added advantage, but one that can be circumvented.

If you are basing it on Meagan's fight, don't. She isn't fully aware of her own power and she panicked. Grin was about 9,000 and Meagan was about 7,500. A Basic Kaio-ken would have more then handled him, but she went overboard and used x1.5, level 2 Kaio-ken.
    Taking a deep breath, "Thing is, compared to the Ogres, Grin was relatively small and weak. Yet, if i hadn't stopped him, he still would have destroyed this ship and everyone on it, easily. It took using 3 times my power to do it, and that was only because he wasn't wearing all that much armor."
    At the time she fought Grin she was 7250. Three times that's over 21k.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    At the time she fought Grin she was 7250. Three times that's over 21k.
    Like I said, she didn't know how power she was or how powerful he was. He was the alien from her nightmares, the one in charge of the prison where she was held before bring rescued by the Mirror Mage.

When you are in a fight, you don't take the time to do the math. She just went as powerful as she thought she could handle. In the process, not only did she destroy him, she turned him and his armor into space dust.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-31-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Well she did say Meagan went way overboard.

...hmm ok if Chromakai is going to be the next course, I think this requires a day or so of campaign planning and supplemental pieces to be figured out. Possibly even some lore and information to be posted in Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Well she did say Meagan went way overboard.

...hmm ok if Chromakai is going to be the next course, I think this requires a day or so of campaign planning and supplemental pieces to be figured out. Possibly even some lore and information to be posted in Discussion.
    To start with, the planet is Chroma, the people are Chromakai.

To start with, the planet is Chroma, the people are Chromakai.
    Alright, duly noted. What about the rest?

If I'm not mistaken, what Meagan has proposed here is, essentially, a planetary invasion by around 20+ people, plus relevant NPCs.

Even if the average Nagadarr is PL 6000 - plus technological upgrades - by sheer numbers that's still not good odds for our group even if we move from point-to-point, especially with the added burden of a carrier ship of what I presume are largely civilian Chromakai. Or are they all warriors, I don't know. The neural stunners come in handheld funsize, that could come in handy as well.

...eh y'know what, I'll just go with the flow. Whenever Meagan asks the group at large for help, Ochazuke will voice something about it in character at that time.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The GP has actually battled most of the invasion back alongside the Chromaki rebels.

Really there is just one stronghold holding out. The weapons Grin was buying would have been a big help but you put a stop to that.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I call it a Planetary Neural Stunner, but that’s a bit of a misnomer. Earth didn’t get neutralized. It’s effects are about a City wide area at most, and that’s for normal PL people. Stronger ones get targeted and the effects size is lessened.

Someone like Kenbo could probably almost tank it by himself and be fine if he’s powered up.

The hand held ones if fully powered can hit at about 15,000, but then they are no longer useable.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Should be quick then.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The GP has actually battled most of the invasion back alongside the Chromaki rebels.

Really there is just one stronghold holding out. The weapons Grin was buying would have been a big help but you put a stop to that.
    Alrighty, then. I'll leave it to you two to set the scene, just along for the ride here.

Also, will we meet Miras in the flesh?

Alright, duly noted. What about the rest?

If I'm not mistaken, what Meagan has proposed here is, essentially, a planetary invasion by around 20+ people, plus relevant NPCs.

Even if the average Nagadarr is PL 6000 - plus technological upgrades - by sheer numbers that's still not good odds for our group even if we move from point-to-point, especially with the added burden of a carrier ship of what I presume are largely civilian Chromakai. Or are they all warriors, I don't know. The neural stunners come in handheld funsize, that could come in handy as well.

...eh y'know what, I'll just go with the flow. Whenever Meagan asks the group at large for help, Ochazuke will voice something about it in character at that time.
    The GP, backed by the Resistance and what is left of the Chromakai Planetary police/military force known as Peacekeepers, have managed to take out a large number of Nagadarr and free 3 of five Cities/Continents. The 4th is nearly won, that just leaves one more. This is where the strongest of the Nagadarr, as well as their leaders, are based. It's their stronghold.

So, after 20+ years of fighting the Chromakai military and resistance, the numbers of Nagadarr had already dropped from the original invasion numbers. After the current battle, backed by the GP, the number of Nagadarr on the planet has dropped even more.

The GP and the Resistance can handle the Foot Soldiers. Meagan and the team will be going after the Leaders, the most powerful of the Nagadarr on the planet.

The GP, backed by the Resistance and what is left of the Chromakai Planetary police/military force known as Peacekeepers, have managed to take out a large number of Nagadarr and free 3 of five Cities/Continents. The 4th is nearly won, that just leaves one more. This is where the strongest of the Nagadarr, as well as their leaders, are based. It's their stronghold.

So, after 20+ years of fighting the Chromakai military and resistance, the numbers of Nagadarr had already dropped from the original invasion numbers. After the current battle, backed by the GP, the number of Nagadarr on the planet has dropped even more.

The GP and the Resistance can handle the Foot Soldiers. Meagan and the team will be going after the Leaders, the most powerful of the Nagadarr on the planet.
    Exactly.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Alrighty, then. I'll leave it to you two to set the scene, just along for the ride here.

Also, will we meet Miras in the flesh?
    Would be nice. Miras left before Ishtar could ask her a question.

Arx Inosaan

Miras will be there, yes.

Anyone still have her image that I used? Not sure I still do.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Her appearance was based on Jean Giraud's Arzach, IIRC. Shouldn't be too hard, give me a moment:

EDIT: Found a couple, I believe the first was the one you used. Miras is a handsome lady.

Last edited by grampagen; 05-31-2018 at 03:48 PM.