Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I hope this story clears up just who remembers what about Secret Wars and the end of Battleworld. I'm not sure about anyone beyond Doom. I would think Black Panther does and maybe Doctor Strange.

Can't wait to read the whole issue next week!
    Doom and Panther, yes. As to who else, I don't know. Anyone who was on the ship with Reed, mini-Reed in Secret Wars probably. I don't recall what Strange remembers and don't think I saw anything in his book to explain Secret Wars. I'm inclined to believe that ANYONE except Doom, Owen, and the folks on the ship were created by Doom or other dimensional duplicates. Not sure what the Richards family was as they appeared to be the originals at the end.

Johnny and Ben don't remember, but they know something happened.

My brain hurts and i don't wanna think this through. Just bring them back and gimme issue 646.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Just think....we could have been closing in on Fantastic Four #700 by now if not for this silliness with Fox and Ike Perlmutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Black Panther explicitly does and has referenced it in both his solo and Ultimates.
    I don't read many comics anymore so it's hard to keep up with the references but it makes sense that he would remember since he had one of the Infinity Gems in his possession. Did he talk about it to anyone specifically? I know Doom discussed it with Tony's gf Amara. What I'm wondering is that

1. When Doom talked with Ben in Infamous Iron Man about missing Reed and Sue he doesn't mention their whereabouts. T'Challa wasn't with Reed when he was fighting Doom. So maybe he doesn't know where Reed and Sue are.

2. After Reed gets the remains of the Beyonders powers, he's reunited with his family and was out there in the...void? White space? with Franklin and the Molecule Man recreating universes. Did Reed use that power to send Doom back to the newly reborn Earth with his new face?

I hope we learn more about that period between the death of Battleworld and the recreation of a new Earth Prime.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-16-2017 at 09:14 PM.

How's Katie Power's line in Power Pack about Alex fit into this and how did she get her information?

Mighty Member

Totally love the name dropping of the actor last names who have played the role of Johnny in film.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm looking forward to this. I have to say, given the writer, this is far more serious than I was expecting, which isn't a bad thing at all. It's far different than Spectacular Spider-Man.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm looking forward to this. I have to say, given the writer, this is far more serious than I was expecting, which isn't a bad thing at all. It's far different than Spectacular Spider-Man.
    Or at least the first few issues of Spectacular Spider-Man.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Totally love the name dropping of the actor last names who have played the role of Johnny in film.
    I didn't notice that at first, but that's pretty funny.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Love jim Cheung as always. And it didnt read bad. Seriously thinking of picking this up
    X-Men Forever

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    How's Katie Power's line in Power Pack about Alex fit into this and how did she get her information?
    didn't read that. What was the line?

Cheung's Thing is a thing of beauty.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Mighty Member

Katie told her teacher that her brother Alex is "travelling" and the panel showed him exploring with Sue and Reed. I don't think it is meant to show that Katie knows exactly what happen in them.

I live in the UK, would it better for sales if I buy it digitally or go to my local comicbook store (which isn't very close)?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

answered first here...

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Katie told her teacher that her brother Alex is "travelling" and the panel showed him exploring with Sue and Reed. I don't think it is meant to show that Katie knows exactly what happen in them.
    But since I like reading my own words...

She was talking about Alex "traveling". It seems she knows he's away and not dead. It's really a pain in the @$$ to try to fit in who knows what and how they found out about where the Richards and the Future Foundation are. marvel did a time jump after Secret Wars to avoid every book having to deal with this stuff. In some cases, that was a good thing. For others, it's extremely awkward as relationships and plots rely heavily on the missing folks.

Again, this makes my brain hurt.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Doom and Panther, yes. As to who else, I don't know. Anyone who was on the ship with Reed, mini-Reed in Secret Wars probably. I don't recall what Strange remembers and don't think I saw anything in his book to explain Secret Wars. I'm inclined to believe that ANYONE except Doom, Owen, and the folks on the ship were created by Doom or other dimensional duplicates. Not sure what the Richards family was as they appeared to be the originals at the end.

Johnny and Ben don't remember, but they know something happened.

My brain hurts and i don't wanna think this through. Just bring them back and gimme issue 646.
    It seems like any AU version of the characters or brand new characters who survived the end of Battleworld and made it to the 616 universe remember their lives there, like Singularity, the new Red Wolf, Witch Hunter Angela, etc. Also, America Chavez couldn't have been a duplicate in Battleworld because it was established by Kieron Gillen she is a unique being in the multiverse, as in, it's impossible for her to have an AU version of herself out there. It's not clear if she remembers the events of her time in A-Force or Siege, though.

This looks great.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman