Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Great start here from Zdarsky. This book was exactly what every Legacy book should have been; a reminder of why we care about the characters, along with a bold premise for the book going forward.
    Indeed.....very impressive beginning for this Series; with the various heroes (and {ex-}villians) involved within this Series......definitely can't wait unless the Second Issue gets released...!!

BANNED

Freaking loved it

April solicitations will reveal of the FF are really returning at last.

Loved it. Johnny's problem could very well by psychological, we'll find out. Is Zdarsky this good on Spider-Man? There's a lot of Marvel comics I keep wanting to get back into but they just don't impress me enough to stay current, it's easier to sit back and wait for the trades to go on sale. But this book is finally something that I can get excited about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Freaking loved it

April solicitations will reveal of the FF are really returning at last.
    April or soon after.

I really loved it. Can't wait for the next issue!

Saw the lenticular variant, but didn't get it because it wasn't very clear.
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-20-2017 at 01:30 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Great characterisation of Doom, the way he's written here is really what I wanted to see in Infamous Iron Man. Doom might be a good guy now but he still has all the tricks he learnt as a villain. Using those 'spy drones' besides the capabilities of his Iron Man suit, shows that Doom is still much more then just another brawler.

As for Doom's true motives for spying on Ben and Johnny? I'd like to think his intentions are benign, if only to locate and contain a potentially dangerous peice of leftover Richard's tech.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    the characterisations of doom and Ben seemed a little off as johnny certainly doesn't come of even a tad depressed in PPSM and doom hasn't seemed so villainish in a while unless it is the result of Gwenpool's tampering which is leading to him reverting to old ways. Anyway apart from these minor quibbles it was a solid set up issue though lacking a bit in action. Johny beginning to lose his powers seems a added complication and it seems convenient doom is near hand as the last time he lost control of his powers doom was the one who drained him and used his energies to birth Valeria.
    I personally really liked Doom's characterization. Especially how he sometimes goes back to his old speech mannerisms.

After this issue I'm honestly not opposed to Chip possibly writing the Fantastic Four book when they return. That speech by Ben shows how much Chip knows the team.
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-20-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I thought this was really good. Like one of the best things Marvel has produced in a long time.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Fantastic Member

I really hope Chip does get the FF gig; however, if Slott is really rolling off Amazing next year I suppose he could, too

I loved this issue.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Ah, so nice to see these guys again. The sun burns brighter, the air smells fresher.....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    I really hope Chip does get the FF gig; however, if Slott is really rolling off Amazing next year I suppose he could, too
    My assumption is that Slott is leaving ASM in order to do FF but given how great this book is, Z'darsky is looking like a very viable candidate for that assignment.

I cant stabd when Chip does humor but ever since the Spectacular Spiderman issue where Peter reveals his identity to Jonah Chip has been phenomenal in the writing department. So glad he has brought that over to the FF. Really hope he gets the FF and not Slott.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I really liked this issue. Cheungs art is great. And Chip suprised me. Id love him to write FF.
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 12-20-2017 at 11:38 PM.
    X-Men Forever

And they said they can’t publish an FF book.

Jim Cheung’s art brought back memories of the Secret Invasion, with his factory scenes, and the fact the Skrulls were FF villains. The rift between Johnny and Ben was similar to old FF stories. The offer of giving Ben back old FF warehoused stuff by Spidey, reminded me of when the FF were broke because of invading Latveria. And Dooms devious plan to lure Ben to go exploring, reminds of something like Victor planting that fake recording of Reed, just so Victor gets Ben and Johnny somewhere Doom wants them to go.

But the big clincher moments were Bens memories of Sue’s final message to him, about protecting Johnny and the kids. Even Jonathan Hickman never showed that in his Time Runs Out, so that sort of memory for Ben is going to be pretty hard to endure. It touches the heart strings, and makes Ben remember the FF legacy and what it means to be family. So on one level, Ben has to protect Johnny when Johnny is feeling depowered. On another level, Doom is taking advantage of Ben’s commitment to the FF. It’s something we haven’t seen much of in ANAD, except for Bendis’s Infamous Iron Man, and Zdarsky is tapping into that Bendis feel here nicely.

This is a great buildup for what looks like the prologue of the return of the FF. I’m loving the feel of this - the Doom contrived manipulation, the remnants of the FF being very like the FF are already here, because I sense the FF are just around the corner and are ready to step out of the shadows. As with Zdarsky’s Peter Parker, it’s brilliant.