Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Astonishing Member

I have not got my copy of Marvel Two in One yet,but this comic book is one of the new comic books i am looking forward the most.
    The preview of Marvel Two in One is great.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    What was the incentive for Doom's redemption in Iron Man if it wasn't the final battle with Reed? The knowledge that he did an amazing thing in saving the multiverse as well and realizing that Reed was his better in some areas seemed like a perfect trigger.
    Definitely agree. I just don't think he has any answers for Ben as to where Reed is exactly but he knows he's still alive I would think. I did notice how Doom hasn't completely gotten over their rivalry since he talked about going through every inconsequential invention in the Baxter Building.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, I wonder if Doom even attributes the repair of his face to Reed or not. This confirms what I started to suspect. After everything went white during the final battle with Reed, Doom was shunted off to the new Earth that was being rebuilt. He remembers everything about Battleworld but it seems he knows nothing about where Reed, Sue, the Molecule Man and the children went after the power was transferred to Reed.
    Very likely I've missed that, but how do we know he remembers the Battleworld? Happened in Iron Man or somewhere else?

Here he talks about incursion and finding the orb "days after" it happened. Of course, he can easily lie to Ben. Also, clearly from Ben's flashback, the incursion is the final one, with the Ultimate universe. So, that actually happened at the end? Have to say, still a bit (or more!) confused with T'Challa's being back to incursionless Wakanda at the end of Secret Wars.

Will we ever get clear explanation what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkpatrick View Post
    Very likely I've missed that, but how do we know he remembers the Battleworld? Happened in Iron Man or somewhere else?

Here he talks about incursion and finding the orb "days after" it happened. Of course, he can easily lie to Ben. Also, clearly from Ben's flashback, the incursion is the final one, with the Ultimate universe. So, that actually happened at the end? Have to say, still a bit (or more!) confused with T'Challa's being back to incursionless Wakanda at the end of Secret Wars.

Will we ever get clear explanation what happened?
    In Infamous Iron Man, as Victor is explaining to Amara why he decided to change, he recounts to her the history of Battleworld in flashback. He definitely remembers being a god. There's always been a lack of clarity about what T'Challa did. I think most of us came to the conclusion that he used the Time Gem to roll things back to just before the Black Swan arrives to deal with the pending Incursion. Ben remembering the final incursion is the first we've seen of this. Sue and probably Johnny and Ben didn't survive it so he probably has no memories beyond that. This is just as tangled, if not more, as House of M and who remembers that.

The biggest mystery for me is why Reed and Sue never told them they are alive and what they are doing? It feels very out of character for them to not let them know they're safe, unless there is a valid reason for it.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

In Infamous Iron Man, as Victor is explaining to Amara why he decided to change, he recounts to her the history of Battleworld in flashback. He definitely remembers being a god. There's always been a lack of clarity about what T'Challa did. I think most of us came to the conclusion that he used the Time Gem to roll things back to just before the Black Swan arrives to deal with the pending Incursion. Ben remembering the final incursion is the first we've seen of this. Sue and probably Johnny and Ben didn't survive it so he probably has no memories beyond that. This is just as tangled, if not more, as House of M and who remembers that.
    It's been confirmed to have been the reality gem.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

In Infamous Iron Man, as Victor is explaining to Amara why he decided to change, he recounts to her the history of Battleworld in flashback. He definitely remembers being a god.
    Thanks. And I'm glad he does remember. That smile and laugh from Victor at the end of Secret Wars fits better with that in mind....if that makes any sense. :-)

Not sure about T'Challa though. I got strong impression that no incursion happened then. But then again, if the final one happened, surely this one did too. Guess he just used reality gem to kickstart space program from Wakanda and maybe save Kimo, T'Dori, and N'Kono, and leave everything else the same as it happened in New Avengers?

I could wait for Hickman to come back and explain everything. Any day now with the re-launch of Fantastic Four.

This was really great. I think Marvel should have released this book the same day as Legacy #1 to get more eyes on it.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkpatrick View Post
    Thanks. And I'm glad he does remember. That smile and laugh from Victor at the end of Secret Wars fits better with that in mind....if that makes any sense. :-)

Not sure about T'Challa though. I got strong impression that no incursion happened then. But then again, if the final one happened, surely this one did too. Guess he just used reality gem to kickstart space program from Wakanda and maybe save Kimo, T'Dori, and N'Kono, and leave everything else the same as it happened in New Avengers?

I could wait for Hickman to come back and explain everything. Any day now with the re-launch of Fantastic Four.
    Yeah, it would have been a shame if he didn't remember because of the lesson learned. And you're right about there being no incursion. The use of the Reality Gem (thanks Mike_Murdock) changed reality from that point on for Earth Prime. From your words to Marvel's ears....it would be great if Hickman were to return to the Fantastic Four some day.

EDIT: Just saw this interview with Jim Cheung on Newsarama and he does say something about working on more issues of Marvel Two in 1.

Nrama: You're doing at least two-issues of Marvel 2-In-One to kick things off, and staying on covers for a while. Will you be returning to these characters soon?

Cheung: I'm only scheduled for a short run on the book currently, but I may return for another arc. It's been a blast working on these pages, so I'd welcome the opportunity to do more with Chip - if not on this book, then perhaps another. He's been a delight to collaborate with!

Nrama: Without being too spoiler-y, what’s on your drawing board right now?

Cheung: I'm actually working on a promo piece because I just wrapped up the second issue of Marvel 2-in-One, and am waiting on a script for my third issue. The second issue was a blast to work on though, with lots of fun, and some surprising characters involved. Those who follow me on social media will have seen hints of what's to come, though there are still more surprises to be revealed!
    So maybe he'll be drawing issue #3 after all, even though the advance solicitations for February don't list him on the credits.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-22-2017 at 10:24 AM.