Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dark Nights : Metal #4 Preview and discussion [Spoilers]

I'm surprised to not see a thread for it already, so here is the preview : http://www.comicsblog.fr/29261-Super...ights__Metal_4

I'm happy to see that Superman is the one calling out Dream, if I understood it right.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Why does it feel like the last issue was so long ago?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Because it has been over two months. Last month, Batman: Lost came out instead. And this month's issue is a week late. Given that November had five shipping dates, it's been ten weeks now since the last issue of Dark Nights: Metal. (Or rather, it will have been ten weeks by next Wednesday.)

Also, issue #5 isn't shipping until January 31, so after next week's issue, it'll be another six weeks before the next issue. And again six weeks until the final issue on March 14, with the Wild Hunt one-shot coming out in February instead of an issue of Dark Nights: Metal. All of this is assuming, of course, that shipping dates don't change again.
    Last edited by Spiderboy12; 12-15-2017 at 10:39 AM.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

I love that recap page .

Ha! One of Superman’s nightmare versions of himself was Electric Blue Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    It really does. It almost has the feeling that DC forgot about it after having something to do with METAL on shelves every week until the last few, in which the story has gone quiet. Hawkman: Found is coming up soon too though so hopefully they'll get back on track with what's been a wonderful event so far IMO. But with the double-shipping that has been a hallmark of Rebirth though it really does feel like a long time ago though it's only been about 2 or 3 weeks since our last installment in the story (in crossovers which have been unusually worth it on this event comic - usually they're filler, here they're as much fun as the main title, by and large). Still, I agree. Feels like forever.

Just read it and, spoilers ahead, of course... That's how you expand on a universe I guess. The story of creation and this Forger or whatever, that's a great addition, it gives a more mythical foundation the whole DCU that I like. Now, on more controversial matters, perhaps.

spoilers:
    I'm not sure what happened to Kendra yet, but I like Lady Blackhawk's design? Corrupted Carter is great, especially considering that it's truly a proof that Barbatos is usurping his former master's, with creating his own Dragon. I wonder what will happen of the Dark Multiverse once the Bat will be defeated. Do you think it'll be purified? Perhaps that the strange face seen in the last promo arts for D.C. New Age of Heroes actually is the Forger freed from whatever hell Barbatos inflicted upon him and gone mad?
    end of spoilers

Always Rakzo

Once again, the best part of this event are the references to the bigger DCU and I especially like how this story is setting-up Mister Terrific as an expert of the Multiverse which makes sense considering his history since the New 52. The interactions between Bruce and Clark were well-done too.

Capullo's art continues to shine. Hope the next chapter arrives sooner.

BANNED

somehow superman having nightmare selves even for a panel or two like batman feels a little trite after all the nightmare batmens. After the developments in jl I was expecting at least some allusion or on panel appearance of cyborg flash and the dark batmen in pursuit. At least Daniel got to appear and play a significant role. The highlight of the issue was hawkman appearing as the "dragon" of barbatos. Wonder how bats and supes will fate against this opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    somehow superman having nightmare selves even for a panel or two like batman feels a little trite after all the nightmare batmens. After the developments in jl I was expecting at least some allusion or on panel appearance of cyborg flash and the dark batmen in pursuit. At least Daniel got to appear and play a significant role. The highlight of the issue was hawkman appearing as the "dragon" of barbatos. Wonder how bats and supes will fate against this opponent.
    Honestly, now I want to see some adventures of those evil Supermen. If only Injustice could be revealed as one of those Dark Multiverse version of Supes, it would help this charater in the long run, at least I think. But, re-reading it, I've got a question concerning the Dark Knights' worlds.

spoilers:
    Dream said that the Dragon was meant to destroy unstable worlds, but that he stopped doing so when he overthrew his master and that it's the reason the World Forge became the Dark Multiverse. But then, did he destroyed the Evil Batmen's worlds on purpose to make sure that they would serve him ? So many questions...
    end of spoilers

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The newest incarnation of Starro suddenly being a Dude Bro was jarring at first, but quickly became my favorite version of Starro ever

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The newest incarnation of Starro suddenly being a Dude Bro was jarring at first, but quickly became my favorite version of Starro ever
    Same, bro. *tentacle bump*

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

wow things got worse. I like how the seemed like it could be a nightmare or fear that Dream has, the destruction of the library and a end to stories.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am just ready for this to wrap up at this point. I mean how many times can we get the "its bad ... now its worse ... now it is even worse ... now it is hopeless ... oh look its a miracle everything is great again" universe shaking stories. This whole storyline might work better for me if we didn't already know the major event Doomsday Clock was coming up so soon so in the end this is really not going to amount o anything important.

The thing is, Doomsday Clock still need to actually shakes things up before I can find it as interesting than Metal. In four issues, Snyder managed to shake up continuity in a great way (not too many huge retcons, just expanding the universe whole and that's awesome).