Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Kylo would have been killed by one of Snoke's underlings in the throne room if Rey hadn't tossed him her lightsaber.

It's bad enough that this dude lost his first fight but now he needs to be saved from underlings?
    Are you seriously going to do this? Full room of guys who are meant to protect the figurehead of the entire command. They are not going to have any old schmuck in that armor. They're even lightsaber resistant, Snoke isn't going to just let Kylo Ren kill him, there needs to be some precautions. Or are you also forgetting Rey needed help in that battle to in order to just crap on a character you don't like?

And I know it's later on in this thread but what do you mean by "earning his keep"? Like everyone in this franchise has this benchmark for success.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I'm sorry I can't take him seriously as a threat. He still can't beat Rey sooooo what's the threat again?

hey if he was able to defeat Finn who is a top 10 warrior in the Star Wars Universe he is a threat
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

You do realise you can see the first several lines just by hovering the mouse over the thread link, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    You do realise you can see the first several lines just by hovering the mouse over the thread link, right?
    You do realize that the first word in the title is SPOILERS, right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cevoice View Post
    I'm sorry I can't take him seriously as a threat. He still can't beat Rey sooooo what's the threat again?
    Welp, he can beat anybody who isn't Rey without trying... Also, Rey couldn't beat him either this time.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Are you seriously going to do this? Full room of guys who are meant to protect the figurehead of the entire command. They are not going to have any old schmuck in that armor. They're even lightsaber resistant, Snoke isn't going to just let Kylo Ren kill him, there needs to be some precautions. Or are you also forgetting Rey needed help in that battle to in order to just crap on a character you don't like?

And I know it's later on in this thread but what do you mean by "earning his keep"? Like everyone in this franchise has this benchmark for success.
    Are you seriously going to do this? He was trained by Snoke himself he shouldn't need to be saved, it hurts his villain cred. Wasn't this guy strong enough to stop a laser in midair and hold it there?

What happened to that guy?!

And Kylo doesn't have that much villain cred to begin with because he already lost his first fight to Rey and Finn, a dude with no Force abilities. Now Rey has to save him in the second film? Not a good look..

Meanwhile, Rey keeps getting more and more kickass with hardly any training to speak of. The movie wants us to believe that they are equals but...nahhhh.

No need to apologize. No one in their right mind believes that he and Rey are equals.

Extraordinary Member

And Kylo doesn't have that much villain cred to begin with because he already lost his first fight to Rey and Finn, a dude with no Force abilities.
    He kicked Finn's ass and fought evenly with Rey, despite having a giant bleeding blaster wound his gut and being emotionally drained from killing his father.

I just don't get why you can't seem to grasp that he was handicapped in that fight.
    Meanwhile, Rey keeps getting more and more kickass with hardly any training to speak of. The movie wants us to believe that they are equals but...nahhhh.
    Rey had trouble with one guy while Kylo was slicing through three of them. Then he needed an assist after having lost his own light saber. Once he got Rey's light saber he won instantly.

You make it sound like he was punched to ground and couldn't get up.

They went out of their way to put a big asterisk on their fight. Kylo at 100% was dropping those guards left and right while Rey was struggling with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    They went out of their way to put a big asterisk on their fight. Kylo at 100% was dropping those guards left and right while Rey was struggling with one.
    But again he struggle with her when fighting over the light saber!! And she still a beginner

Extraordinary Member

But again he struggle with her when fighting over the light saber!! And she still a beginner
    It's a simple force power (pull stuff towards yourself), and Rey mastered that last movie.

So it became a battle of raw force power, and in that regard she's evenly matched with Kylo.

In terms of light saber skills, Kylo is still her superior.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

As a lightsaber duelist, I wonder how Kylo Ren would stack up to old school Jedi or Sith in their prime - Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Mace Windu, Anakin/Vader, Maul, ROTJ Luke, etc.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    As a lightsaber duelist, I wonder how Kylo Ren would stack up to old school Jedi or Sith in their prime - Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Mace Windu, Anakin/Vader, Maul, ROTJ Luke, etc.

I'd be interested in this as well. Prequel Jedi/Sith tended to be far more fast paced, and Ren comes from training two generations removed of much need to face a swordsman.
    At the moment I'd probably say he would have one over the inquisitors if they truly needed the helicopter sabers to compensate for skill.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

Those guys would mop the floor with Kylo Ren. Kylo Ren has strong raw power, but those opponents listed hold the cards in skill or experience.