Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OutbackX View Post
    I love calamari, and I can't get anyone I know to try it and discover how delicious it is for themselves.

Spinach is good too. I hated it as a kid (i'll never forgive you for making me try it, Popeye) but now I really like spinach pie or a pepperoni and spinach calzone.
    I only like canned spinach. Fresh spinach is a little TOO leafy to me...or something.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Eggnog.
    10char

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I only like canned spinach. Fresh spinach is a little TOO leafy to me...or something.
    I prefer frozen vegetables to canned myself. The latter tends to lose a little taste in the process, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Eggnog.
    10char
    Agreed!...

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    EVERYTHING MENTIONED HERE!! I grew up on this stuff. I would also add;

Deli Souse Meat (If not my dad's homemade Souse) great with crackers and aforementioned pepper-jack cheese. And as a sandwich!

Peanut butter and jelly/jam on toast with bananas...OMG!! i use to make them for my little brother.

Chitlins

Okra, good fried but great in tomato based stews and soups.

Pickled Pig's feet

Scrambled Eggs and avocado's

Sardines in hot sauce

Crawfish

Frog Legs
    Everything here too, Never had Frog Legs though.

Astonishing Member

(1) Brussels sprouts. I've always really enjoyed them.
    (2) Anchovies. I was buying a can in the grocery store, and the checkout clerk asked what I use them for. I told her I put them on salads, and she stared at me as if I were an alien from the planet Neptune.
    (3) Really smoky Scotch. I ordered one when I was at dinner with a large group of people, and as soon as the waiter brought it to me, a woman on the far end of the table started sniffing the air and asked what was burning in the kitchen.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Even as a kid, I was never a finicky eater. I ate all my veggies, and not just because I was told to. Brussels sprouts, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, bell peppers, eggplant, other squashes, beets, turnips, peas, green beans, asparagus, whatever. Yeahyeah... not going to get into what's a fruit and what's a veggie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I like practically everything, so there are lots of things I can list: liver and onions, any vegetable, anchovies, all seafood, tofu, Limburger cheese...
    This is pretty much me.

However, I draw the line at fruits on my meat. Teriyakis and pineapples on my pizza will not be tolerated. Don't put lemon or lime on my meat, either. Separately, I'm okay with these fruits, just not on or with my meats. I'd prefer they stick to dessert time.

For me it's canned meats lol, (Vienna Sausages, Potted Meat, Spam etc...)
    Church's Chicken lol
    Olive/Plamento Loaf
    I didn't think most people objected to any of those, tbh. Even in New Orleans, home of Popeye's, Church's is... tolerated. As is KFC.

Sure, we all know that canned meats aren't good for us, but c'mon! Vienna Sausages are a staple.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    EVERYTHING MENTIONED HERE!! I grew up on this stuff. I would also add;

Deli Souse Meat (If not my dad's homemade Souse) great with crackers and aforementioned pepper-jack cheese. And as a sandwich!
    Peanut butter and jelly/jam on toast with bananas...OMG!! i use to make them for my little brother.
    Chitlins
    Okra, good fried but great in tomato based stews and soups.
    Pickled Pig's feet
    Scrambled Eggs and avocado's
    Sardines in hot sauce
    Crawfish
    Frog Legs
    I'm from New Orleans. We grew up with the same things. Raw oysters, gator meat, and frog legs! You betcha. I make gumbo once or twice a month, and you know I'm putting lots of okra in dat!

Quote Originally Posted by OutbackX View Post
    I love calamari, and I can't get anyone I know to try it and discover how delicious it is for themselves.
    Wow. It's the 21st century. I still can't believe there are people that don't like calamari.

Also sushi... c'mon. Get with the times, naysayers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Most people I know don't like mushrooms.
    Asian, European, American, raw, cooked, canned -- I don't care. I eat all the mushrooms.
    Yeah. As long as they're the edible kind, I love shrooms. Um... and no hallucinations.

Agreed with liver. I love livers any way they come, really-- with onions, liverwurst, foie gras, pate, liver cheese lunch meat, whatever.

I prefer the frozen. The fresh is... too stiff. And people need to stop putting spinach in my salads.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm one of the few in my family that likes brussel sprouts. I get a craving for White Castle Hamburgers sometimes but not with brussel sprouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    (1) Brussels sprouts. I've always really enjoyed them.
    I was a very strange kid. Even as young as 3-4 years old, I loved Brussels sprouts. I used to pretend I was eating green eyeballs. My weekly diet typically includes about 3 lbs of sorta fresh Brussels sprouts. I think the frozen are too soggy.

Generally, I love bitter flavours and don't care for sweet. I'm okay with sweet, as long as it's not overblown, then I don't like it. Anything bitter, I enjoy a lot.

I think peanut butter goes with anything. I put it on hot dogs/sausages sometimes. I even mix it into canned tuna and salmon for a dip. It goes well with cheeses (there's even a snack cracker of cheese flavoured crackers with peanut butter filling). I used PB for anything that calls for a peanut sauce. PB & Kimchi sandwiches! Avocados go with pretty much anything, too.

And I'm up for ANY meat, except primates/humans. Pork disagrees with me, but I'm willing to suffer. I'm unapologetic about this. If that dolphin is already dead, you may as well put it on my plate. I'll get rid of it for you. I've honestly never done this, and hate that people kill them, but I won't reject it on my plate.

Oh! There's a local Mexican restaurant that gives you a bowl of tiny crickets for you to use as a topping. "Chapulines" they call them. I do it! Mmm bugs!

And I may be American, but... MARMITE™ is awesome! Vegemite™ is okay too.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 12-17-2017 at 10:04 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Fried okra and candy corn.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    This is pretty much me.

However, I draw the line at fruits on my meat. Teriyakis and pineapples on my pizza will not be tolerated. Don't put lemon or lime on my meat, either. Separately, I'm okay with these fruits, just not on or with my meats. I'd prefer they stick to dessert time.
    I don't go out of the way for that type of stuff myself, but I don't mind it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I love a good cream soda but no one I spend any time with likes the stuff.

like Mayo on my fries and hotdogs (but it has to be a certain kind of mayo), i also like hotdog sandwiches. I also love pork based hotdogs.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Eggnog.
    10char
    I mostly drink it plain. But sometimes I'll mix it with Kahlua or Baileys (whichever is on sale) and a bit of regular Pepsi

Grits.
    Pickled watermelon rind.

I grew up in the South.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

If no one's in the restaurant is looking, I always eat the parsley garnish off the steak. Great taste! At Thanksgiving dinner, I eat almost all the celery and radishes on the table, because I really like them and no one else much does, compared with the other dishes. I also put Tabasco sauce on grits. I'm not sure whether that's unusual or not.

Niffleheim

Chapati.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Liver and Onions.
    Add Green Bell Peppers and maybe ppl will love it