Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Justice League 35 Preview/Discussion

Since Wednesday is out:

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/13/E...topher-priest/

SWARM.. I saw in DC wiki that this alias existed, but in a different kind of characters..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-15-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Ah, she couldn't have used "Prince" just for fun ?

Honestly, I kinda wish Diana wasn't successful in getting that sword back. Wonder Woman doesn't need a sword.

"Prince" never existed in N52? I forgot that..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    "Prince" never existed in N52? I forgot that..
    I know they established that identity for when she dated Clark in the New 52, though in Rebirth it was just an assumed name Steve used when he had her placed in a mental asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know they established that identity for when she dated Clark in the New 52, though in Rebirth it was just an assumed name Steve used when he had her placed in a mental asylum.
    Thanks..

..... I remember the asylum image in the solicitations.. I was shocked when I saw this image.. Fortunatelly, I never saw that..

Is there some way to zoom in on these images? I find them so small as to be illegible and I'm dying to read the preview. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Is there some way to zoom in on these images? I find them so small as to be illegible and I'm dying to read the preview. Any advice?
    I saw the preview like that..

COVERS:

http://media.comicbook.com/2017/12/j...ds-1065953.jpg
    http://media.comicbook.com/2017/12/j...ar-1065954.jpg

REST OF PREVIEW:

http://media.comicbook.com/2017/12/j...-1-1065949.jpg
    http://media.comicbook.com/2017/12/j...-2-1065950.jpg
    http://media.comicbook.com/2017/12/j...-3-1065951.jpg
    http://media.comicbook.com/2017/12/j...-4-1065952.jpg

This is the first time that I see KID FLASH in the cover...

However, he is in deathstroke with Priest.. I should not be surprised..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-15-2017 at 04:36 PM.

BANNED

This continues to not do anything for me at all.

Also, while I do think the concept and approach of 'If super heroes were in the real world' can be interesting, it has no place in the main continuity of the Big 2. Even outside of the main continuity, my inability to buy anything that was going on in White Knight was one of my myriad of problems with that trash. Sorry, but it just doesn't work in this universe. It is not 'the real world', it is a world with a long history that should have special laws ,regulations and general societal constructs in place to accommodate the differences between it and the real world. Realism in this case is being unrealistic.

Probably dropping after this.

I really like when DC/Marvel allow there universe to feel like it's the real world! When done right, it can lead to some very compelling and intricate stories. It also makes the characters seem far more relatable.

So far, so good.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    This continues to not do anything for me at all.

Also, while I do think the concept and approach of 'If super heroes were in the real world' can be interesting, it has no place in the main continuity of the Big 2. Even outside of the main continuity, my inability to buy anything that was going on in White Knight was one of my myriad of problems with that trash. Sorry, but it just doesn't work in this universe. It is not 'the real world', it is a world with a long history that should have special laws ,regulations and general societal constructs in place to accommodate the differences between it and the real world. Realism in this case is being unrealistic.

Probably dropping after this.
    I'm not one who need my cape comics be "realistic" or act like they're "the world outside your window," but I feel like Wonder Woman having to go through proper police procedure to get a hold of her sword after it was used in a violent crime feels like the kind of thing you could conceivably see in a Superhero universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not one who need my cape comics be "realistic" or act like they're "the world outside your window," but I feel like Wonder Woman having to go through proper police procedure to get a hold of her sword after it was used in a violent crime feels like the kind of thing you could conceivably see in a Superhero universe.
    I've got no problem with it in this instance. It kinda reminds me of something you'd see in Worm, which is almost always a good thing. I'm just saying in general in regards to Preist's comments in the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I really like when DC/Marvel allow there universe to feel like it's the real world! When done right, it can lead to some very compelling and intricate stories. It also makes the characters seem far more relatable.

So far, so good.
    Agree. I think Priest's JL is just going to get better and better. He's off to a great start as is Woods. Thank goodness we finally have a decent (more than decent) Justice League book! That hasn't happened since Darkseid War/New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    THANK YOU, friend.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Thank goodness we finally have a decent (more than decent) Justice League book! That hasn't happened since Darkseid War/New 52.
    I still say you have to go back to McDuffie's run for anything decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I still say you have to go back to McDuffie's run for anything decent.
    You're free to say it again. I don't quite know why you'd feel the need to remind me when you know I know how you feel and you know that I thought Johns on Justice League was one of the few incredible highlights of New 52.

Apart from that GIGANTIC exception (since Johns' run during New 52 was among my favorites of all time) I don't think Justice League has been VERY good since Meltzer's too-short run. McDuffie was really handcuffed by editorial and he himself was very unhappy with his run though I enjoyed it well enough in spite of all that. I wouldn't say it's 'very good' though; I agree with you saying it was "decent." By the end half of it was meta-messages about DC's interference which became doubly sad when he died so young. I do consider him one of the best Justice League writers ever but that's for his work in the animated universe, not for his run on the JL comic which I found to be only okay.

But I'm only repeating myself as you were.