Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Starjammers

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Arthur "Art" Adams!!!

BANNED

IMO Disney is to let go of Star Wars and grab on to Star Jammers instead.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

What breaks my heart about the Starjammers is that we probably won't see them portrayed too closely to their book appearances and personalities, as Marvel IMO stole some of that swagger and graphed it onto the Guardians of the Galaxy for the movies in large parts, the books as well.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    And people forget as Marvel seems to have the last time that Corsair came to Earth that he actually has 2 sons...
    Havok is overlooked to be his son to this day?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    And people forget as Marvel seems to have the last time that Corsair came to Earth that he actually has 2 sons...
    3 sons, even though one is "dead" until he's revived by a good writer

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Havok is overlooked to be his son to this day?
    nah, it's just back when the Starjammers were heavily involved with the X-Men (Phoenix era, Binary, etc) Havok was not part of the team and Cyclops was so the focal point was around him. Alex was essentially neglected.

BANNED

Ah yes. Of course.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I wish Korvus would have stayed with the team. He did got great and an additional member would be great
    I'd love to see the comicbook character Korvus and the comicbook character Marvel Girl, appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe post MCU Phase 3!!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Isn't it funny that this team mostly remain be consist just Corsair, Raza, Hepzibah, Ch'od and Sikorsky?

Of course we had a short time the addition of Rachel, Havok and Polaris but that lasted not long. I thought Korvus might become a regular team member bit that did not happen as well.

I would love it if for example Mentor and Plutonia would join. But that's because I really like them both.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Yeah, I like the original team, especially in that pic, but they do need some more power on their team. I liked when Binary was working with them. Maybe Firelord could be on their team now?

I would love to see Eros (Starfox) on the Starjammers.
    The Starjammers are virtually space pirates and Eros has the right personality for that.
    Not to mention he is Thanos' brother.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Jazzy Johnny "Ring-a-Ding" Romita!!!

Uncanny X-Men #177 Jan 1984
    "Sanction"
    Mystique is in a Circus when Wolverine ambushes her from behind. She dodges, but he still draws blood.
    After a quick but brutal fight she slits his throat and he bleeds out.
    Kitty Pryde phases up out of the ground moments later, and seeing Wolverine down, rushes over to him.
    Its not Wolverine - its Mystique playing dead - and she's just gutted the girl.
    Suddenly the building behind Mystique explodes as a huge hurled stone strikes it, sending her flying.

Colossus confronts her in a rage, and she realizes Cyclops is also there as he clips her from behind - she retreats into a funhouse hall of mirrors.
    The fun house is really a carefully constructed trap, and she uses it to focus Cyclops optic beam and amplify it until it can penetrate even Colossus's armored body!
    Cyclops, distraught over Peter's death, doesn't notice Mystique as she comes up behind him and garotte's him.

Having changed into a combat suit, Mystique gets confronted by Storm. But the suit absorbs her lightning, and lets her channel it back at Storm.
    Storm dodges, but Mystique wasn't aiming at Storm, but at the tank of gasoline behind her!
    No longer held aloft by Storm's winds, she falls through the big top, and catches the bars - only to have Rogue try to bring the house down!
    Mystique pulls a blaster on her, and it actually finishes Rogue.
    In agony over having killed her foster daughter, she's totally unprepared for Nightcrawler's attack, however his multi-porting doesn't phase Mystique at all!
    She draws a dagger for the kill, but finds herself unable to follow through - and Nightcrawler knocks her out.

She comes to with Destiny looking over her. Arcade and Miss Locke come in to celebrate her performance.
    Mystique wants all the Brotherhood to train in Murderworld - same deal, one of the robots will be set to kill.
    Mystique asks which was in hers, and Arcade tells her it was Rogue.
    After Arcade and Miss Locke leaves, Irene tells Mystique that her vendetta against the X-Men is a mistake.
    Salem Center. Kitty is about to leave her dance lessons, and she starts to talk
    to Stevie about Ororo's change in personality when Ororo comes to pick her up.
    But Kitty doesn't want to talk to Ororo right then, and walks past her.

The Starjammer. Charles and Lilandra say there goodbyes,

and Corsair bids his sons farewell. The Starjammers leave earth with Lilandra to reclaim her throne.

Kurt, Amanda Sefton, Kitty and Peter go to see the Royal Ballet at Lincoln Center.
    Peter drops Kurt and Amanda off, then he and Kitty go to park the car.
    Kitty and Peter finally park the car and are walking towards Lincoln Center when they see an explosion on top of a nearby building!
    Colossus rushes up to save anyone he can from the fire while Kitty runs off to call help. However, Colossus finds no fire, only Blob!
    Blob punches Colossus through the wall where he is caught by Pyro's firebird!
    Pyro heats him till he's red hot, then throws him to earth in the midst of semis with liquid nitrogen tanks!
    Avalanche's tidal wave effect sweeps the trucks towards Colossus.
    Kitty rushes towards the scene at the sound of his howl of agony, only to find him a frozen statue!

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Romita, Jr.
    and John Romita, Sr https://13thdimension.com/13-covers-...celebration-4/

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #108 Dec 1977
    "Where No X-Man has Gone Before!" Part 3 of 3. Guest-starring the Starjammers.
    On the far side of the universe alone and cut off from their mentor, the X-Men must face their worst nightmares if they are going stop the mad Emperor D'Ken,
    from unleashing the unimaginable power of the M'Krann Crystal upon the universe.

[I]NOTE:
    I do so much miss Dave Cochram.

Sandy Hausler
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Its a shame not more was done with the Havok led group. They should have had an ongoing

BANNED

I wish there to be a Hidden Years of the Starjammers series starting from 1984.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    What breaks my heart about the Starjammers is that we probably won't see them portrayed too closely to their book appearances and personalities, as Marvel IMO stole some of that swagger and graphed it onto the Guardians of the Galaxy for the movies in large parts, the books as well.
    The MCU Starjammers are PERFECT to start a trilogy AFTER the MCU Guardians of the Galaxy trilogy in the Marvel Cinematic Universe but set after 1995!