Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Batman issue #37 Preview

Last edited by Superlad93; 12-16-2017 at 01:40 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Last edited by Superlad93; 12-16-2017 at 01:41 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Damn, Bruce and Clack have done really well for themselves.

Heh, I think this is on par with the Bat-Burger thing .

"It stretches" Of course it does .

"The bat stands for bat" Bruce, you and your killer sarcasm...

"Meow." Well, it's good to know that the classics still work, although I think Selina would've done more then just say "meow."

BANNED

On its own, I'd probably find this charming and a lot of fun.

But this is connected to everything else going on, and so I find it incredibly obnoxious and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

But this is connected to everything else going on, and so I find it incredibly obnoxious and annoying.
    What do you mean? The whole engagement/Holly thing?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What do you mean? The whole engagement/Holly thing?
    That and also issues I have with the Superverse atm.

That and also issues I have with the Superverse atm.
    The whole Chris/Jon thing right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The whole Chris/Jon thing right?
    You know me so well.

I post so often I know I repeat myself a lot and I apologize for that. But a lot of the time I know that if I don't post what I'm thinking, my brain will keep nagging me about it and I can't focus on anything.

Of course you do.

I can't wait! Looks like this issue will be alot of fun

Man Clay sexing Lois up, LOL!

Bruce, I'm going to need you to lighten up, for real.

Clark,

Selina got a lot to work with in terms of Bruce, LOL!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This looks like a lot of fun. These four characters interacting together at once hardly ever happens and is long over due.

I am really curious on what the next two parts with Diana are going to be about. Hopefully avoiding all Bat/Wonder shipping, even if mentioned in past-tense.

But why would the other things lead you to think this is obnoxious and annoying, when none of it is really connected to this issue as a self contained story? That's IMO not an entirely fair way to judge a comic, especially as the whole Jon/Chris thing is really incidental to this. Even if Chris was around, he likely wouldn't be in this issue anyway. So far, Jon has just had one mention.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    But why would the other things lead you to think this is obnoxious and annoying, when none of it is really connected to this issue as a self contained story? That's IMO not an entirely fair way to judge a comic, especially as the whole Jon/Chris thing is really incidental to this. Even if Chris was around, he likely wouldn't be in this issue anyway. So far, Jon has just had one mention.
    I'm not judging the comic on a critical level, but just saying how it makes me feel. You're right, the Chris thing is incidental and he wouldn't be here no matter what. But the state of things just makes me find anything with Clark and Lois being happy (and anything at all with Jon) annoying. Meanwhile on the Bat side of things, this is something that comes into play a lot when writers trash characters: underplaying what they meant. Just having characters go on as if everything is okay and the character who died/turned evil/is in a horrible situation or something else was just some loose acquaintance. It's part of why I find so much of mid-late 2000's DC stuff unreadable. Well, that and generally lower quality books.
    Last edited by Assam; 12-16-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm not judging the comic on a critical level, but just saying how it makes me feel. You're right, the Chris thing is incidental and he wouldn't be here no matter what. But the state of things just makes me find anything with Clark and Lois being happy (and anything at all with Jon) annoying. Meanwhile on the Bat side of things, this is something that comes into play a lot when writers trash characters: underplaying what they meant and characters going on as if everything is okay and the character who died/turned evil. is in a horrible situation or something else was just some loose acquaintance. It's part of why I find so much of mid-late 2000's DC stuff unreadable. Well, that and generally lower quality books.
    That's fair I guess, but it does seem a shame to avoid something you might find charming and fun due to the status quo choices in franchises that King is only paying lip service to (the Jon thing) and not something he has any control over. I'm not reading either of the main Superman books right now because the current direction doesn't interest me (the post-Crisis resurgence and I'm not terribly interested in ANY kid being present), but that status quo isn't going to prevent me from reading something with Clark and Lois that I DO find interesting.