Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I was pretty clear that I felt the writing held back the storylines’ executions and if you think his corny dialogue is good then I’d hate to read what you think is bad writing.
    No, you just keep saying that the writing holds back the story's execution, but don't really go into what that means at all. Like not many examples from any arcs. And at this point, complaints about King's dialogue has become so cliche that it's more obnoxious than anything on the page. Which, don't get wrong, can get pretty weird but...this is superhero comics. They are not known for their stellar dialogue. Nobody ever sounds like a natural person. The stories that laid the foundation for everything we love and are considered classics had characters describing everything that was happening right in front of them that we can all visibly see.

Like, I've seen complaints that Catwoman should talk like a normal person, when the idea that Catwoman is in any way normal is way more bonkers than anything on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    No, you just keep saying that the writing holds back the story's execution, but don't really go into what that means at all. Like not many examples from any arcs. And at this point, complaints about King's dialogue has become so cliche that it's more obnoxious than anything on the page. Which, don't get wrong, can get pretty weird but...this is superhero comics. They are not known for their stellar dialogue. Nobody ever sounds like a natural person. The stories that laid the foundation for everything we love and are considered classics had characters describing everything that was happening right in front of them that we can all visibly see.

Like, I've seen complaints that Catwoman should talk like a normal person, when the idea that Catwoman is in any way normal is way more bonkers than anything on the page.
    It’s not worth debating. You obviously will argue anything to justify his bad writing and dialogue even to the point of calling complaints about it cliche. Fine. You like it. I don’t. Continue to read bad writing. I’m not. And yes, the dialogue of the Silver Age - especially Lee - was bad. Writing has since evolved. I’m sorry you can’t see it. Respond if you want but I’m leaving the thread. My hope is DC will eventually replace King and I can get back to enjoying a character I like.

Classic issue as so many of King's have been. I'm sorry not everyone is enjoying it as much as I am because it's more fun to enjoy a comic book than not enjoy one. But as I often say about King's Batman, if you don't like it there have never been so many outstanding writers handling the character as there are right now. It's very easy for one to get one's Bat-fix and more without reading anything by Tom King. I feel confident that King's run will be a classic one that is talked about forever for its greatness and will grow in stature with perspective but what I post is only my opinion. I'm not trying to persuade anyone else to feel differently than they do.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-26-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Anyone else excited about issue 38! I dunno what its about since the Wonder Woman issues start on 39! but im looking forward!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Anyone else excited about issue 38! I dunno what its about since the Wonder Woman issues start on 39! but im looking forward!
    I am! I've seen comments on twitter that suggest it will make you question King's sanity (maybe in response to the juxtaposition of it coming after such fun lighthearted issues). No idea what to expect.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I haven't gotten completely caught up with Batman as yet but I am looking forward to #38.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I’ll have to read it again, but i was left wondering at the end what the point of this issue was.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Classic issue as so many of King's have been. I'm sorry not everyone is enjoying it as much as I am because it's more fun to enjoy a comic book than not enjoy one. But as I often say about King's Batman, if you don't like it there have never been so many outstanding writers handling the character as there are right now. It's very easy for one to get one's Bat-fix and more without reading anything by Tom King. I feel confident that King's run will be a classic one that is talked about forever for its greatness and will grow in stature with perspective but what I post is only my opinion. I'm not trying to persuade anyone else to feel differently than they do.
    He’s certainly taking risks with his run. And I loved 36/37. Lois and Selina’s chemistry is fresh and organic, unlike Sirens.

Accdg to his Twitter this storyline was controversial enough to require approval from DC mgt. What kind of f’d up world do we live in where violence and chopped up body parts are the norm while sweet stories about superheroes having fun require approval up the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    He’s certainly taking risks with his run. And I loved 36/37. Lois and Selina’s chemistry is fresh and organic, unlike Sirens.

Accdg to his Twitter this storyline was controversial enough to require approval from DC mgt. What kind of f’d up world do we live in where violence and chopped up body parts are the norm while sweet stories about superheroes having fun require approval up the chain.
    No, he didn't say his storyline was controversial. He said that his Editor had to get approval for a "weird script", lol! And that DC had to greenlight their madness.

I don't think it was controversial. And we really don't know what all was going on behind the scenes. But we can't assume that it was because the issue wasn't about chopped up body parts and violence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    No, he didn't say his storyline was controversial. He said that his Editor had to get approval for a "weird script", lol! And that DC had to greenlight their madness.

I don't think it was controversial. And we really don't know what all was going on behind the scenes. But we can't assume that it was because the issue wasn't about chopped up body parts and violence.
    “Weird script” is a euphemism. If weird scripts get kicked upstairs as a rule, DC Mgt would have been very busy with Ann Nocenti’s Catwoman run

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    “Weird script” is a euphemism. If weird scripts get kicked upstairs as a rule, DC Mgt would have been very busy with Ann Nocenti’s Catwoman run
    Yeah I don't know. I only go by the words people use. He didn't use controversial so I'm not going to say that's what he meant, LOL!