Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

When was Holly’s last appearance prior to Kings run? Now obviously Holly is far more recent a character, but is her situation really that much different then Kite-Man’s that it’s so wrong for creators to take liberties with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It still feels like a huge jump .

Of course, it probably doesn't help that a lot of people's idea of Holly comes from the Brubaker run and King's handling of her has been totally the opposite of that.

I still say it should've been Maggie.
    I think that King logic for choosing Holly was that she was in Year One, so people would said "oh she is the hooker that stabbed Batman in the leg" .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Now obviously Holly is far more recent a character, but is her situation really that much different then Kite-Man’s that it’s so wrong for creators to take liberties with her.
    Kite-Man was never a fleshed out character (he was barely a character at all), had no appearances of value and didn't have a fanbase outside of people using him as a meme. Holly's situation isn't comparable at all.

When was Holly’s last appearance prior to Kings run? Now obviously Holly is far more recent a character, but is her situation really that much different then Kite-Man’s that it’s so wrong for creators to take liberties with her.
    I think she made a cameo in Gotham City Sirens but I'm not completely sure about that.

But Holly has had way more material then Kite-Man did prior to King.
    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Kite-Man was never a fleshed out character (he was barely a character at all), had no appearances of value and didn't have a fanbase outside of people using him as a meme. Holly's situation isn't comparable at all.
    How could anyone forget about Brave and the Bold ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How could anyone forget about Brave and the Bold ?

I was just talking about the comics, but yeah, that scene is hilarious.

Interesting, have any YouTube clips of Holly?

Holly might have had more material, though even still she was still probably less known then Kite-Man (which is saying somthing), but both Holly and Kite-Man are two extremely fringe characters that no one had seen in a good while, and most likely weren’t going to be seen anytime soon. She might have a handful of fans but let’s stop pretending she has a real fanbase. Holly was as lost in obscurity as Kite-Man was.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-16-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Interesting, have any YouTube clips of Holly?
    I liked her in the Catwoman animated short that's included with Batman: Year One. She was really good in this:

BANNED

Shouldn't you guys be talking about silly shipping nonsense instead of the validity of King's take on Holly Robinson? This issue is so far removed from that plot point, it just doesn't seem pertinent.

Just sit back an enjoy the shameless fanservice.

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    Shouldn't you guys be talking about silly shipping nonsense instead of the validity of King's take on Holly Robinson? This issue is so far removed from that plot point, it just doesn't seem pertinent.

Talk about what you want to talk about. If you want to bring up something about Issue #37, feel free.

And since you think it's fanservice, what do you think the issue should be then?

Well, the Superman thread is still there

I'm enjoying that too .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Talk about what you want to talk about. If you want to bring up something about Issue #37, feel free.

And since you think it's fanservice, what do you think the issue should be then?
    I don't understand your question.

I don't understand your question.
    You said that it was shameless fanservice. I take fanservice to mean something a little negative.

So if you think it's shameless fanservice, then WHAT should the issue be about then? What should the story be about? What should the characters be doing in the story?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that King logic for choosing Holly was that she was in Year One, so people would said "oh she is the hooker that stabbed Batman in the leg" .
    I've been reading more about holly. Selina had Holly get training from the guy who trained Batman apparently - so she was a fighter. She was capable of killing (killed someone to save Selina's life). She had a bond with Selina and once took the blame for something Selina did so Selina taking the blame here mirrors that. Holly had a soft spot for kids and took care of them so someone killing children could be a powerful motivator for her to put her training to use and go "too far". I think there is quite a lot of basis for choosing Holly now that I read more about her from the Brubaker run.

This isn't a Catwoman series; so the softer happier moments that Holly had with Selina wouldn't be a focus for this storyline. But the trauma, the anger, the capability - those could come from the Brubaker Holly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    You said that it was shameless fanservice. I take fanservice to mean something a little negative.

So if you think it's shameless fanservice, then WHAT should the issue be about then? What should the story be about? What should the characters be doing in the story?
    Since when is fanservice an inherently negative value? If you view it that way then that's your prerogative. In my opinion, having these kinds of issues every now and then is appropriate. Especially given the characters in question.