Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Cersei is very Emma. Uses the veneer of caring about her children(that keep on dying) to pretend to be a decent human, but actually just an evil money/power-grubber at the core.
    Darling, does this pearl of insight come for free? Coz Dame Emma doesn't have any spare change to give you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    very much but u know we remain unbothered lol
    You and I both know this. But do they know this? Lol oh ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Ororo wishes. This side of Morrison all she has done is display a level of incompetence that would make Catelyn Stark seem like a mastermind strategist.
    This is almost true. But you're playing like Chris Yost, Brian Wood, Greg Pak and now Coates haven't given her her teeth back. And especially with Coates, we are witnessing the transformation of Sansa Stark, Queen in the North, right before our eyes. When you throw shade properly, there must be gems of truth laced throughout it. I really like you tho. Keep it coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Darling, does this pearl of insight come for free? Coz Dame Emma doesn't have any spare change to give you.
    Like our fave, any true Storm fan keeps a stash of loot for a rainy day. And if we do take coins from other people, we pay the iron price for them!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Cersei is very Emma. Uses the veneer of caring about her children(that keep on dying) to pretend to be a decent human, but actually just an evil money/power-grubber at the core.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lmao I keep coming back to that post for the sheer brilliance of it all. The truth shall set us all free!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Honestly Cersei is a pretty weak character and shouldn't be compared to any X-MAN

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Interesting and diverse list but not surprising after all having fascinating and strong feminist characters has always been a mark of the franchise.

It is incredible that Tempus can have entered the list. Despite being a new character and not having room after Bendis she have a number impressive of fans .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I feel like counting by replies is a bit better.
    Maybe, but would it change things all that much, ya think? I kinda feel the two might be fairly reflective of each other, for the most part, IDK. And the good thing is, view count is a casual barometer of both CBR member AND non-member interest & participation, not just the former. Ghostly lurkers matter, too, lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    ... Like my faves barely have threads or if they do they are super inactive... I might view a thread of a character I don't even really like just b/c of the active discussion ongoing or something happened in comics or a movie etc about them
    The faves you mention, do you mind if I ask who they are? And I don't think popularity has to = favorability or likability, necessarily, but more just buzz or interest in general. Tho I agree intense passion from the most devoted diehards is more than likely a crucial factor, I'm pretty sure indifferent casuals & adverse haters play a part, as well.

Wolverine is the most popular. His fans just don't post about him all the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    ... popularity... always go to the X-Women!...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    They're the real reason people like the X-men
    Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    In the X men most of the best characters are women, of course we're gonna love em
    Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Damn straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    nice to see armor there...
    Music to the ears of X-Women fans EVERYwhere!

THANK YOU!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Lol Sucks when you have favorites that aren't popular -with fans or writers lol

My favorite isn't that high either. But I suppose it's good he was even mentioned. Because I didn't expect that. ...
    OK to ask who it is? I'm always curious 'bout these things.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hmmmmmmm he looks delicious...
    He IS, and the best thing, there's more than meets the eye(s)! His onscreen presence & character connect with me, and only enhance it, to make him even MORE delectable! He's a keeper, and along with Polaris & Blink, 3 of the main, most compelling, & MAJOR reasons to invest & continue tuning in every week. Hopefully in the future, they continue to focus more & more on them, and the other ragtag, Mutant remnants that populate the show. Oh, and Ahab, Trask Industries, & their horrifying Hound program, too.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Storm... Cyclops... They're both competent X-leaders and great characters.
    I can get behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Well the thing is if you go by total views on an appreciation thread that isn't really the same as a survey of all CBR members where they are forced to pick a fave or give a ranking.....

For one thing viewing a thread does not at all imply that is your fave

For another thing, the same person can view a thread a ridiculous amount of times (thinking about Storm thread here but applies to others too)

Like my faves barely have threads or if they do they are super inactive so why would I be constantly viewing them yknow? So just some things to take into consideration, whereas I might view a thread of a character I don't even really like just b/c of the active discussion ongoing or something happened in comics or a movie etc about them
    wow spill that scalding hot tea

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    He definetely is the most popular in general, but not on this forum lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    It doesn't help that Wolverine has been dead for a while.

Also the views are skewed a little bit by the number of times certain characters (Cyclops inparticular) have their threads turned into "THis is why the character sucks!" discussions.

BANNED

It's weird how Cyclops and Emma are so popular here.

One is a sad sack orphan boy who survives on the pity and charity of others. The other would be working at a strip club and battling a nose beer addiction if it wasn't for her mutation(the only remarkable thing about her).

I guess white mediocrity is attractive to some.

Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 12-17-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    It's weird how Cyclops and Emma are so popular here.

One is a sad sack orphan boy who survives on the pity and charity of others. The other would be working at a strip club and battling a nose beer addiction if it wasn't for her mutation.

I guess white mediocrity is attractive to some.

You could actually easily change the origin story of Cyclops to Storm. The orphan girl who would be Farouks sex slaves if it weren't for Xavier's charity