Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Should Catwoman become a mom at some point?

So since Batman has a son with Taliah I keep thinking maybe they should introduce Helena Wayne into the main continuity. What I like about this idea is it would really change things for Bruce and Selena especially if Helena already existed and Selina kept her from Bruce because she didn't want her daughter to be a casualty of his life as Batman. I feel like it would also be cool to see someone whose life for Selina was priority number one over everyone and everything else and at the same time I'd like for it to come out that Selina actually raised Helena herself and kept her in the dark about her life as Catwoman. I like this because the super villain/ hero giving their kid up for adoption thing is just so cliche I just would rather that not be the case and have Selina actually be the one that raised Helena in secret.

The reason I'd like that is it would add more substance to Selina being a mother and I like the idea of Selina in terms of being a mother being the reverse of Taliah like Selina doing anything to make sure Helena has a normal life and actively making sure she grew up to be normal. At the same time I'd love for there to be someone who Selina cares about more than Bruce like if something happened to her, Catwoman would just straight up kill whoever was responsible no getting talked out of it from Bruce, no plot armor, whoever messed with Catwoman's kid would get straight up killed.

Basically the kind of scenario I'm talking about is where maybe something traumatic could happen to Helena at the hands of someone like Penguin or something and Catwoman get's pissed and everything builds to a classic will she kill Penguin or not scenario and it looks like she might not and then Catwoman asks Batman what matters more to him his code or making sure no one hurts his kids and when Batman gives the obvious answer Selina just straight murders Penguin or whoever and tells Batman he's dead to her. I just like the idea that Selina could care for someone that much more than Bruce because it would really make sense for her to have a daughter and for her daughter just that important to her where if Bruce screws up she'd write him off no hope of getting back in her good graces or at least put him through the ringer first. Also it would just be fun to see Selina as the responsible one for a change that alone would be priceless.

Another reason I like this idea is I just like the idea of Bruce having a daughter that is just so in the dark about everything especially if she said funny things like "My mom can't be Catwoman she's not cool enough. I mean she flips if I'm out at night and she's so strict."

As for the personality I'd love it if she had Bruce's brains but no fighting skills what so ever but at the same time was like a teenage criminal master mind like was running an elaborate cheating operation in her high school and making tones of money from it. I mean it's crazy but that's the kind of wackiness I'd expect from Catwoman and Batman's kid.

As for the relationship with Damian I'd love a typical big sister little brother rivalry type thing where she ropes Damian into her schemes and they cause all sorts of crazy and at the same time always were bickering with each other. The possible fun where that is concerned is just endless.

Its been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    So since Batman has a son with Taliah I keep thinking maybe they should introduce Helena Wayne into the main continuity. What I like about this idea is it would really change things for Bruce and Selena especially if Helena already existed and Selina kept her from Bruce because she didn't want her daughter to be a casualty of his life as Batman. I feel like it would also be cool to see someone whose life for Selina was priority number one over everyone and everything else and at the same time I'd like for it to come out that Selina actually raised Helena herself and kept her in the dark about her life as Catwoman. I like this because the super villain/ hero giving their kid up for adoption thing is just so cliche I just would rather that not be the case and have Selina actually be the one that raised Helena in secret.

The reason I'd like that is it would add more substance to Selina being a mother and I like the idea of Selina in terms of being a mother being the reverse of Taliah like Selina doing anything to make sure Helena has a normal life and actively making sure she grew up to be normal. At the same time I'd love for there to be someone who Selina cares about more than Bruce like if something happened to her, Catwoman would just straight up kill whoever was responsible no getting talked out of it from Bruce, no plot armor, whoever messed with Catwoman's kid would get straight up killed.

Basically the kind of scenario I'm talking about is where maybe something traumatic could happen to Helena at the hands of someone like Penguin or something and Catwoman get's pissed and everything builds to a classic will she kill Penguin or not scenario and it looks like she might not and then Catwoman asks Batman what matters more to him his code or making sure no one hurts his kids and when Batman gives the obvious answer Selina just straight murders Penguin or whoever and tells Batman he's dead to her. I just like the idea that Selina could care for someone that much more than Bruce because it would really make sense for her to have a daughter and for her daughter just that important to her where if Bruce screws up she'd write him off no hope of getting back in her good graces or at least put him through the ringer first. Also it would just be fun to see Selina as the responsible one for a change that alone would be priceless.

Another reason I like this idea is I just like the idea of Bruce having a daughter that is just so in the dark about everything especially if she said funny things like "My mom can't be Catwoman she's not cool enough. I mean she flips if I'm out at night and she's so strict."

As for the personality I'd love it if she had Bruce's brains but no fighting skills what so ever but at the same time was like a teenage criminal master mind like was running an elaborate cheating operation in her high school and making tones of money from it. I mean it's crazy but that's the kind of wackiness I'd expect from Catwoman and Batman's kid.

As for the relationship with Damian I'd love a typical big sister little brother rivalry type thing where she ropes Damian into her schemes and they cause all sorts of crazy and at the same time always were bickering with each other. The possible fun where that is concerned is just endless.
    Um, this has all been before, like 3 times. When was the last time you read the Batman comics?

Baby Helena would be awesome to see in main continuity. I'd definitely be down for that!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Baby Helena would be awesome to see in main continuity. I'd definitely be down for that!
    I hope Tom's annual proves to be the legit future.

Yeah me too! It felt like a happy ending which Batman definitely deserves!

I’d be up for a baby daughter in the main continuity in Catwoman and Batman’s future.

It’d be amazing to see her grow up with that parentage, step-brother, and all her vigilante uncles and aunties. (She can hang out with the twins I’m imagining for Diana Prince and Steve Trevor.)

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’d be up for a baby daughter in the main continuity in Catwoman and Batman’s future.

It’d be amazing to see her grow up with that parentage, step-brother, and all her vigilante uncles and aunties. (She can hang out with the twins I’m imagining for Diana Prince and Steve Trevor.)
    I think I want to see Selina with a day job first and then being a "protector" of the East End at night. I don't think it's time yet for her to be a Mom again, in this continuity.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did something crazy like get her pregnant and then she loses the baby, due to some Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did something crazy like get her pregnant and then she loses the baby, due to some Rogue.
    Okay that would suck her getting pregnant then losing the baby would be such a cliche.

Okay that would suck her getting pregnant then losing the baby would be such a cliche.
    Yeah but wouldn't it be cliché for them to go the baby route again? I mean she gave up Helena Kyle, some fans would be like, is she still canon?

Her losing a baby is a bit unessarily dark don't you think!

BANNED

"Should" or "should not" is not a valid line of reasoning here.

If the creators want to tell that story, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. But if they don't, then I'd rather them not attempt it just because it's something they feel like they "should" do. Also that plot point can be very easily detrimental to the characters and easy to abuse cheap shock drama for. Just look at Pfeifer's Catwoman run, the whole daughter subplot was a disaster.

BANNED

No, I dont want a baby Helena. A young child is one thing but a baby is another. It would completely transform the landscape and domesticate both Catwoman and Batman. An adult Helena from the future or something is ok by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    No, I dont want a baby Helena. A young child is one thing but a baby is another. It would completely transform the landscape and domesticate both Catwoman and Batman. An adult Helena from the future or something is ok by me.
    And even if that happened, do we really want to have two characters named Helena? LOL!

Ultimate Member

I'd be cool with seeing their daughter be a character in the main universe. Also the idea of Damian having a half-sister sounds potentially amusing as well. Although perhaps name her something other than "Helena" this time.