Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Default Red/Blue and Zero Hour collections listed for 2018

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...tededitions-20
    When the sun temporarily goes out, the classic Superman as we know him temporarily loses his powers...but when they return, they are not at all what the Man of Steel expects! Clark Kent is suddenly transformed into a being of crackling blue energy, complete with a new set of abilities and a totally different look! But that's not where the story ends...

The villainous Cyborg Superman and Toyman split the Man of Steel into two beings, Superman Red and Superman Blue! So who is the real Clark Kent? And will Metropolis now have two protectors?

Collected for the first time in graphic novel form, SUPERMAN RED/SUPERMAN BLUE brings back the one true Man of Steel! Collects SUPERMAN #122-125, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #545-547, ACTION COMICS #732-734, SUPERMAN: MAN OF STEEL #67-69 and SUPERMAN ANNUAL #9.

and

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...tededitions-20
    Time is collapsing in on itself. The villainous Extant has ushered in a series of black holes that are swallowing the universe--past, present and future! Superman, like everyone else in the DC Universe, has seen time loops affect his life. The result? The past is not what it should be. Krypton never exploded. The Kents never found a baby in a Smallville field. Superman isn't the protector of Metropolis. How can the Man of Steel put back time as it should be?

Legendary comics writers Dan Jurgens, Karl Kesel, Louise Simonson and more present the tales tying into the classic ZERO HOUR event, now collected here for the first time! Collects ACTION COMICS #0, ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #0, SUPERMAN #0 and SUPERMAN MAN OF STEEL #0.

I'm a little surprised that the Electric reprint doesn't have power struggle, and I'm also not sure how Zero Hour take up 320 pages, but these are also before official solicits. Must have the series in there, too.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I assume this has something to do with the 80th anniversary. I'd love to see some pre-Crisis stuff reprinted.
    Assassinate Putin!

But they do, just one month away in January:

SUPERMAN: THE MANY WORLDS OF KRYPTON TP
    Written by DENNIS O’NEIL, LEN WEIN, CARY BATES, ELLIOT S. MAGGIN, JOHN BYRNE, PAUL KUPPERBERG and MARV WOLFMAN
    Art by DAVE COCKRUM, MARSHALL ROGERS, MIKE MIGNOLA, HOWARD CHAYKIN and others
    Cover by ROSS ANDRU and DICK GIORDANO
    Witness the past of Superman’s homeworld in SUPERMAN: THE MANY WORLDS OF KRYPTON in this new title collecting WORLD OF KRYPTON #1-3, THE WORLD OF KRYPTON #1-4 and stories from SUPERMAN #233, 236, 238, 240, 248, 257, 266 and SUPERMAN FAMILY #182.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The irony is, I have the first two issues of the post-Crisis WOK and the last two issues of the pre-Crisis WOK.
    Assassinate Putin!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Like the recent Batman Zero Hour collection, I'm sure the Superman one will include the pre-zero issues of all four series. Although that still doesn't quite fit the page count...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    But they do, just one month away in January:

SUPERMAN: THE MANY WORLDS OF KRYPTON TP
    Written by DENNIS O’NEIL, LEN WEIN, CARY BATES, ELLIOT S. MAGGIN, JOHN BYRNE, PAUL KUPPERBERG and MARV WOLFMAN
    Art by DAVE COCKRUM, MARSHALL ROGERS, MIKE MIGNOLA, HOWARD CHAYKIN and others
    Cover by ROSS ANDRU and DICK GIORDANO
    Witness the past of Superman’s homeworld in SUPERMAN: THE MANY WORLDS OF KRYPTON in this new title collecting WORLD OF KRYPTON #1-3, THE WORLD OF KRYPTON #1-4 and stories from SUPERMAN #233, 236, 238, 240, 248, 257, 266 and SUPERMAN FAMILY #182.
    The WORLD OF KRYPTON (2008) TPB already reprinted the Byrne WORLD OF KRYPTON, as well as many pre-Crisis Fabulous World of Krypton stories. So there will probably be a lot of overlap between that TPB and this one. The thing they didn't reprint before was the 1979 WORLD OF KRYPTON--but it's too bad they're apparently not throwing in the 1981 KRYPTON CHRONICLES, which provided a lot more into on Krypton history than the previous mini-series. Were they to include that one, then the collection would be worth getting. Just so I have the books on my shelf and I don't have to pull the back issues out of my filing cabinet.

I imagine they're putting out this collection to tie in with the KRYPTON TV series--as well as for the 80th anniversary. Maybe if the TV show continuies, they'll put out another TPB collection with more tales of Krypton.

Yeah it's basically a 2.0 version of that other trade. I own it but will still buy this one to encourage the material. Not a fan of the Krypton Chronicles, but it only would have made sense to include that stuff because it's remarkably obscure. Krypton Chronicles will probably make the cut in a 3.0 version heading our way in 2028.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

From the titles contained in Superman Red/Blue, it doesn't look like this will get as far as the Red/Blue so the Amazon description is wrong.

The Batman Zero Hour book contained the #0 issues and an issue or two either side for various titles, so I'm guessing Superman will do the same.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Well Red and Blue is kind of a new version of another trade as well. They'll probably do a second volume to cover some other core issues.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The irony is, I have the first two issues of the post-Crisis WOK and the last two issues of the pre-Crisis WOK.
    That's not ironic. Now you get to collect the full stories for both in reprinted quality, as well as those neat back ups if you don't own the issues.