View Poll Results: Your Favorite Moment From Last Jedi?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kylo and Rey's battle with Snoke's personal guard

8 21.62%
  • Kylo killing Snoke

3 8.11%
  • Luke's last stand against Kylo

11 29.73%
  • Admiral Holdo destroying the Imperial ships by flying into them through hyperspace

3 8.11%
  • Poe pranking General Hux

2 5.41%
  • Finn vs Captain Phasma

2 5.41%
  • Other

8 21.62%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    You do know that Kylo was lying right?
    No, I don't think anyone knows that. It's like the writers don't even know and are just making it up as they go along.With all the negative fan reaction to that revelation though, I wouldn't be surprised it they decide in the next film that Kylo was lying Afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    No, I don't think anyone knows that. It's like the writers don't even know and are just making it up as they go along.
    That describes every movie ever made. Lucas definitely made up the first six films as he went along.
    With all the negative fan reaction to that revelation though, I wouldn't be surprised it they decide in the next film that Kylo was lying Afterall.
    I think that's very unlikely. This is probably the reaction they wanted, and it suits the story well in the sense of dichotomy--Kylo Ren came from one the most famous families in the galaxy. Rey came from total nobodies. Kylo had everything going for him. Rey had nothing.

But even someone who grew up with nothing can become something special, IMO.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    That describes every movie ever made. Lucas definitely made up the first six films as he went along.

I think that's very unlikely. This is probably the reaction they wanted, and it suits the story well in the sense of dichotomy--Kylo Ren came from one the most famous families in the galaxy. Rey came from total nobodies. Kylo had everything going for him. Rey had nothing.

But even someone who grew up with nothing can become something special, IMO.
    Here's the thing though, how does Kylo know anything about her parents? Up until the Force Awakens, he didn't even know she existed. And now he's supposed to know who her parents were when she doesn't even know? I'm not buying it. He's lying. He was saying what he thought would get Rey to join him.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Here's the thing though, how does Kylo know anything about her parents? Up until the Force Awakens, he didn't even know she existed. And now he's supposed to know who her parents were when she doesn't even know? I'm not buying it. He's lying. He was saying what he thought would get Rey to join him.
    He's clairvoyant. And so is she. And she agrees he's right.

Also, if she were a Skywalker then Luke would know about it. Unless she's Kylo's daughter from the future or something crazy like that.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He's clairvoyant. And so is she. And she agrees he's right.
    No, she doesn't. All she does is listen to him talk. She never says "Oh, you're right, I can feel it too".
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

All Luke's scenes at the end, him showing up, speaking with Leia, the "fight" with Kylo, and him staring at the suns and coming to peace as he passed where all favorites of mine. I do think it would work better as the end of the trilogy in Episode IX. Luke defeats Kylo, passes away, the scenes with the Kids, etc. FYI, it took me a second to figure out the hologram Luke - I was thinking when did he get to stop for some Just For Men dye? lol

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

My favorite scenes:

- Poe crank calling Hux
    - Yoda's Return: Happy Puppet Yoda > Serious CGI Yoda
    - Supergirl Leia: Glad to see she has some of her dad in her.

Amazing Member

Luke standing defiantly in front of the walkers. Gave me Dark Empire shivers. I just wanted him to wave his hand and topple them all like dominoes. Luke vs the AT-AT in Dark Empire is probably one of Luke's best comic book moments and TLJ at least gave me a live action glimpse of that.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grind View Post
    Luke standing defiantly in front of the walkers. Gave me Dark Empire shivers. I just wanted him to wave his hand and topple them all like dominoes. Luke vs the AT-AT in Dark Empire is probably one of Luke's best comic book moments and TLJ at least gave me a live action glimpse of that.
    If Luke had been on Crait in the flesh, I bet he WOULD have collapsed those walkers with the Force. It was hilarious: the mighty First Order terrified of one lone Jedi Master.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Mighty Member

Voted Other.

My three favorite scenes in the film, in order:

1) Luke aboard the Falcon, especially the sequence with R2. That sassy little droid played the "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi!" card, and I love him for it.

2) Luke arrives on Crait. Everything from walking out of the shadows to walking out to face the First Order. His scene with Leia had me just this side of in tears. And the wink to 3PO was magic. Mark Hamill was absolutely killing it in this movie.

3) Luke and Yoda. I thought the Yoda puppet looked horribly malformed, but that might just be my memory playing tricks on me (going to have to rewatch Empire to compare). But they brought back crazy hermit Yoda! His uproarious laugh after he destroys the Jedi library, and his "Ah, Skywalker. I've missed you." Being one with the Force hasn't made him any less fun to have around.

Unlikely. We've seen before--and even in this film--that the Force works in mysterious ways. It gives people insight and knowledge, but not always automatically. It was through the Force that Luke learned that Leia was his sister. It was through the Force that Vader learned Leia was his daughter. It was through the Force that Yoda was aware way over on Dagobah of Luke's aspirations for adventure while growing up on Tatooine. Through the Force, both Kylo and Rey saw the truth--Rey's parents weren't anybody special and they weren't coming back for her. When Rey asked in the cave on Ahch-To who her parents were, the Force ultimately showed Rey, not her parents. The message behind Rey is that you don't have to come from a special family to be special yourself. As such, Rey is now free to be her own person and move forward in Episode IX...while Kylo is ironically still trapped by his past.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post

1) Luke aboard the Falcon, especially the sequence with R2. That sassy little droid played the "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi!" card, and I love him for it.
    "There is NOTHING that would make me go back."
    "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope."
    "Cheap move, pal."

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The best part has to be Luke drinking from that weird space cow, and than looking up at Rey with the "Got Mil?" face.

Than the space cow winking at Rey, like "you want some too"
    The J-man

BANNED

You do know that Kylo was lying right?
    To me it makes more sense if he's right.

The force, or being strong in the force, shouldn't just be in one family in the entire galaxy. If the force is all around and everywhere it would make sense that it would grow strong in someone who is innately good to balance the rising darkness in Kylo. It makes it more true when someone says "may the force be with you" if it's only with one family that doesn't make it accessible for everyone else.

It matches with Rey seeing herself in the cave.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Voted for Luke's Last sand from new AT-AT and Kylo Ren. I uncontrollably giggled with pure delight during the entire sequence.