View Poll Results: Your Favorite Moment From Last Jedi?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kylo and Rey's battle with Snoke's personal guard

8 21.62%
  • Kylo killing Snoke

3 8.11%
  • Luke's last stand against Kylo

11 29.73%
  • Admiral Holdo destroying the Imperial ships by flying into them through hyperspace

3 8.11%
  • Poe pranking General Hux

2 5.41%
  • Finn vs Captain Phasma

2 5.41%
  • Other

8 21.62%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    If it had been later in the film, I think her dying in space, rather than coming back like she did, would have been a good way for her to go.
    The franchise now has an intriguing dilemma of two dead characters (Han Solo, Luke Skywalker) portrayed by two living actors (Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill) and one living character (Leia) portrayed by one dead actor (Carrie Fisher).

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The franchise now has an intriguing dilemma of two dead characters (Han Solo, Luke Skywalker) portrayed by two living actors (Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill) and one living character (Leia) portrayed by one dead actor (Carrie Fisher).

HaHaHa... Good point.
    I’m assuming Hamill hasn’t said anything about the future of his character as there’s still people who have yet to see the film, but I’d be surprised if he wasn’t in a future film... Don’t see the point of killing him off yet unless he’s said he doesn’t want to carry on playing the character.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

HaHaHa... Good point.
    I’m assuming Hamill hasn’t said anything about the future of his character as there’s still people who have yet to see the film, but I’d be surprised if he wasn’t in a future film... Don’t see the point of killing him off yet unless he’s said he doesn’t want to carry on playing the character.
    Doubt he wouldn't. Mark Hamill isn't Harrison Ford; Hamill loves STAR WARS and he loves Luke Skywalker. He'd gladly portray Luke again if asked.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

They could always CG Ford and have Mark do his voice.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

HaHaHa... Good point.
    Mark said, "I don't want to be done yet! I am holding onto that line, 'See you around, kid.' There's Force ghosts and what not. I still think I teleported somewhere."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yeah I agree he loves the character too much to give it up on what would be a very soft exit... and I agree that he probably teleported somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Voted Other.

My three favorite scenes in the film, in order:

1) Luke aboard the Falcon, especially the sequence with R2. That sassy little droid played the "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi!" card, and I love him for it.
    I loved it! I really loved it. And when Luke says 'That was a cheap shot', i was delighted.

2) Luke arrives on Crait. Everything from walking out of the shadows to walking out to face the First Order. His scene with Leia had me just this side of in tears. And the wink to 3PO was magic. Mark Hamill was absolutely killing it in this movie.
    Everything after Luke's arrival was pure magic.

3) Luke and Yoda. I thought the Yoda puppet looked horribly malformed, but that might just be my memory playing tricks on me (going to have to rewatch Empire to compare). But they brought back crazy hermit Yoda! His uproarious laugh after he destroys the Jedi library, and his "Ah, Skywalker. I've missed you." Being one with the Force hasn't made him any less fun to have around.
    That scene was simply fantastic. When i could see that hint of that green of Yoda i was filled with joy. And Yoda was so much fun. I loved that touch of puppet Yoda. It made me nostalgic. Odd because i have actually watched the Original Trilogy after the Prequels. Yoda was not that much fun in the Prequels. Although, he had his moments like the fight with Dooku for example.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 12-19-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Favourite scenes?

-Luke in the ending confrontation
    -Holdo flying through the First Order fleet(it was beautiful and the fact they cut out all sound for a few seconds.... brilliant)
    -The entire throne room sequence, from Snoke's death to the battle with his guards
    -Poe, Finn, and Kylo's growth as characters. Poe becoming more of a leader, Finn overcoming cowardice, and Kylo actually becoming a more rounded character... if he manages to control his temper he'll be terrifying.
    -Leia...my first thought was it was Rey acting through the beacon.

BANNED

That was awful... I could hear myself mumbling out aloud ‘what the fuck’
    It made no sense and now that she’s dead in real life, I can’t see how they’re going to be able to kill her off as she’s seemingly unkillable.
    Being exposed to space is not something that is immediately lethal if you know what you're doing and don't panic.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Being exposed to space is not something that is immediately lethal if you know what you're doing and don't panic.
    Like that part in Event Horizon?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Like that part in Event Horizon?
    I have no idea. I don't remember a lot that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You’ve got an estimated 10 seconds before you pass out... and that’s if your lungs and capillaries haven’t ruptured, in which case you’re dead anyway.
    That scene was probably the worst scene in any of the Star Wars films.

You’ve got an estimated 10 seconds before you pass out... and that’s if your lungs and capillaries haven’t ruptured, in which case you’re dead anyway.
    Yeah, I didn't care for that either. I really didn't mind the expansion of Force communication which seems to be a common complaint, but this was the only part that felt like cheating.

Did a lot of thinking about it and yeah Luke's last stand was probably the best scene in the movie. I did also like the fight scene in the throne room.

iMan 42s

We have a few things working here in Leia's favor though;
    Assuming that she spends between 10 and 15 seconds in space, it's possible she would do just fine. In-fact her entire space walk is actually about 15 seconds. The destruction of her command bridge and subsequent decompression assuming she had enough air at the time would mean it's largely her body overcoming the effects of depressurization, and pull from her bridge to space. In sequence if Leia is only in space for around 15 seconds at most she's probably fine.

However one does not actually have to be usefully conscious in order to use the force. We actually see this in Darth Vader where Vader's life support system was briefly brought down, and Vader entered some sort of state where he was no longer cognizant but managed to successfully turn himself back on.
    From an in-universe perspective, even if Leia lost consciousness and couldn't be an active thinker, the force does allow some degree of resuscitation as one doesn't have to be cognizant of their immediate surroundings to use it. So if Leia passed out it's possible she could unconsciously will herself to safety.

It's unexpected but it does work assuming that Leia between cuts spent around 15 seconds in space. We then have her own force sensitivity and we know one doesn't have to exactly be cognizant to use it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.