Default Watched Return of the Jedi with my son

So I just watched Return of the Jedi with my 4 year old son. I'd originally seen it myself at that age, and I was impressed with how well he handled the Rancor scene. When did everyone else introduce their kids to Star Wars? (he loved it by the way)

https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...t-with-my-son/

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    So I just watched Return of the Jedi with my 4 year old son. I'd originally seen it myself at that age, and I was impressed with how well he handled the Rancor scene. When did everyone else introduce their kids to Star Wars? (he loved it by the way)

https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...t-with-my-son/
    My kids weren't old enough to care about the movies until episode 1 hit the theaters. Then, they wanted me to dig out the older movies and watch them with them. Then, they wanted all the cool SW toys and now we have a zillion action figures, ships, etc.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    My kids weren't old enough to care about the movies until episode 1 hit the theaters. Then, they wanted me to dig out the older movies and watch them with them. Then, they wanted all the cool SW toys and now we have a zillion action figures, ships, etc.
    Awesome!!! That's being a good Dad!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

A NEW HOPE (back then, simply STAR WARS) first went into the cinemas five months before I started kindergarten. It was the subject of much playground discussion and fantasization. Didn't actually watch a STAR WARS film at the cinema until three years later when THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK was released, though, by which time I had all kinds of STAR WARS toys and kickbacks.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

My daughter turned four last night and we binged the entire OT last during the course of the last week. She didn't seem to bothered by the Rancor but she didn't like the Sarlac pit or Mynocks.

Her favorite scene in the entire OT saga is "the part where they get smashed!" aka the trash compactor in A New Hope. We've watched just that scene about 6 times this week.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

While ROTJ might be my "least favorite" OT film, that's not because it isn't great and an amazing ending for OT. Because it is. And I never understood any problems anyone has with the Ewoks.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

ROTJ is easily the best film from a visual standpoint.

Personally, I've never understood the hate it gets. I love it.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Personally, I've never understood the hate it gets. I love it.
    Yea, the rankings fetish really gives the impression to some or many that it's hated. And some maybe do hate it. Definitely not me. It's fantastic.

Not like Godfather III vs Godfather/GFather II where there is a big gap probably, and even with Godfather III...it's better than many movies nowadays and I appreciate it more and more as I get older. It jumped the shark a bit, went too pulpy, but well done in many ways too, with some great new/old characters.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-21-2017 at 02:47 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

A New Hope was the first movie my daughter was exposed to, at literally four days old. Obviously it doesn’t count (she was asleep too lol; it was more of a “I shouldn’t be bored while rocking her to sleep, so I’ll put on a movie; hey, her first movie should be Star Wars”). But I’m proud of it.

I’m thinking of waiting until she’s 4-5, or if she asks to see it earlier. She’ll see all of my Star Wars stuff (wall art, books, toys, etc)., so she might ask before we get to the point where I’m all “ok, it’s time you watched this”.

I had my daughter watch ANH with me when she was two. Her mom was out of town for the weekend and we stayed up late and had popcorn and everything. Her eyes never left the screen, and she loved seeing Leia take charge of her rescue. My kids have now seen episodes 1 and 2, 4, 5, 6(only my son). We'll get to the rest of them!

They also loved the Clone Wars animated series. Her friends all wanted to be princesses for Hallowe'en and my daughter insisted on going as Ashoka.

It's allweys been my favorite of the OT.

I was never scared by the rancor but my jaw was on the floor once it was revealed. I can't wait to have kids and show them these movies. It makes me so happy.