Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Storm should not have been left off.

Emma was portrayed as not an omega in Endsong. That is why the Phoenix was burning her up. Yet, after that the writers amped up her telepathy having her use it globally without Cerebro and going head to head with Exodus etc.

Supposedly, Emma and Betsy are Omega level telepaths which may or may not mean they are omega level mutants over all. AOA Jean unlocked Betsy's omega telepathy according to a writer.

And we have Teen Jean who they remind us all the time is an omega mutant, actually being burnt up by the Phoenix.
    So the idea in Endsong (which stemmed from New X-Men) that only omega psychics could truly wield and exert control of the Phoenix seems to be ignored given that fireflies, swords, and the Phoenix Five have wielded it.

Originally omega mutants were suppose to be those with unlimited potential for power. They could be global or universal threats and perhaps near immortal. Now everyone is an omega and it has lost all meaning.

And, lets not forget about the Phoenix Gun.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 12-17-2017 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Pic(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Storm should not have been left off.

Emma was portrayed as not an omega in Endsong. That is why the Phoenix was burning her up. Yet, after that the writers amped up her telepathy having her use it globally without Cerebro and going head to head with Exodus etc.

Supposedly, Emma and Betsy are Omega level telepaths which may or may not mean they are omega level mutants over all. AOA Jean unlocked Betsy's omega telepathy according to a writer.

And we have Teen Jean who they remind us all the time is an omega mutant, actually being burnt up by the Phoenix. So the idea in Endsong (which stemmed from New X-Men) that only omega psychics could truly wield and exert control of the Phoenix seems to be ignored given that fireflies, swords, and the Phoenix Five have wielded it.

Originally omega mutants were suppose to be those with unlimited potential for power. They could be global or universal threats and perhaps near immortal. Now everyone is an omega and it has lost all meaning.
    Yeah one of the things I learned from Storm fans is that "Storm can control Solar Winds" I've learned that over and over and over and over again lol. And in some alt. Universes she's evolved into an elemental being.not being restricted to one bodily form is an Omega check mark. I know CBR lists are ....lax on accuracy...but damn.
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

CBR’s list shouldn’t really be taken seriously. In regards to Storm IS or ISNT an Omega Mutant. I’m fine with her being a powerful Alpha Level Mutant alongside Magneto.

It's just kinda sad and very icky that ll of Marvel's"Omega Mutants" are white
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    It's just kinda sad and very icky that ll of Marvel's"Omega Mutants" are white
    Actually thought about this the other day. And how people are so unreceptive or even open with the idea of Storm being possible omega, is really telling. But I won't go over, but you're not the only one noticing it.

But on a very separate discussion, Storm is really powerful, people like to dismiss that, but she is. However, for me, part of being Omega is being able to transcend the physical body, and I think that has always been one of the criterias. Most of these Omegas have a way to resurrect themselves or exist in another form. Unless Storm ascends to an elemental being like in AoA, she is not Omega in my eyes.

And lastly,

Omega

Level

Telepaths

Are

Not

Omega

Level

Mutants

...and I don't get why Rachel is not Omega, lol? She has hosted the damn Phoenix. She is Omega. She is MORE qualified to be Omega than Emma Frost. Power potential and output =/= Absolute Skill.