Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default What should I pull?

Hey people. Long story short. Its been a pretty **** year for 'moi, exams, girl trouble, stress, bad news. Ugh, I even fell out of comics. Yesterday I visited Forbidden Planet and I felt it all come back and I can honestly say I'm glad to be back.

Now, here are the titles I read already;
    Avengers
    New Avengers
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Original Sin.

I'm looking to pull 2-3 titles, thats all. For financial reasons (I'm starting college soon, hoping to get a job by September) and other reasons. Yesterday I picked up Black Widow and Star-Lord. I know for a fact I am keeping; Black Widow, Daredevil.

So that leaves one more title if Star-Lord doesn't super impress. Whilst looking yesterday, I was intrigued by; Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel and She-Hulk. Moon Knight also looks badass but I only want to get 3 because I want to keep this as a hobby. Nothing more. What would you guys suggest? Ms Marvel looks superb, but so does Captain Marvel. Ugh!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Hey people. Long story short. Its been a pretty **** year for 'moi, exams, girl trouble, stress, bad news. Ugh, I even fell out of comics. Yesterday I visited Forbidden Planet and I felt it all come back and I can honestly say I'm glad to be back.

Now, here are the titles I read already;
    Avengers
    New Avengers
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Original Sin.

I'm looking to pull 2-3 titles, thats all. For financial reasons (I'm starting college soon, hoping to get a job by September) and other reasons. Yesterday I picked up Black Widow and Star-Lord. I know for a fact I am keeping; Black Widow, Daredevil.

So that leaves one more title if Star-Lord doesn't super impress. Whilst looking yesterday, I was intrigued by; Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel and She-Hulk. Moon Knight also looks badass but I only want to get 3 because I want to keep this as a hobby. Nothing more. What would you guys suggest? Ms Marvel looks superb, but so does Captain Marvel. Ugh!
    I am a Storm fan so you should expect me to try Storm's ongoing with Storm #1 available this July 23rd.

Extraordinary Member

Good suggestion. I've never really known much about Storm to be honest.

Its just I know what I'm like. I'll pull 3, and start thinking 'Oh, I'll add this' and I'll never stop.

Just to add something a bit more obscure to your pull list, I'd suggest either Moon Knight or Iron Fist.

Powered By Gravity

Ms Marvel is a wonderful comic. If you can only pull one more, my suggestion would be the Marvelous Kamala Kahn.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Just to add something a bit more obscure to your pull list, I'd suggest either Moon Knight or Iron Fist.
    Moon Knight actually looks really good. But again, I need to pick something I'll really enjoy!

+ Its either; Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel, Moon Knight, Storm or Deathlok!

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

I second the votes for Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight; they have have both been great, in both story and art. Something about Moon Knight seems like classic storytelling--just stand alone issues with a beginning and an apparent end.

Davedevil has been good. Black Widow looks nice, but the story line has been uninteresting (except for Natasha slowly adopting a cat).

Star-Lord = bleh.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

If you're sure you only want to add one more, I'd chose Ms Marvel. It's amazing and my personal favourite. And it's new so you don't have to catch up on much.
    I'd also recommended Inhuman and Deadpool.

Extraordinary Member

Thanks people for your help thus far.
    I'm not big on Deadpool tbh.

BANNED

I Also Vote For Ms.Marvel!(Sad to admit this but despite owning them i haven't read #3 #4 And #5....i need to take the time to catch up)especially when Adrian Alphona is involved

I highly recommend Ms. Marvel and the new Spider-Man 2099.
    Mooper Films

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Glad to see you've returned, DebkoX.

My suggestions:
    Storm (next week! woohoo!)
    Captain Marvel
    Mighty Avengers
    X-Factor
    New Warriors!
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

You can pick up the first 6 issues of Moon Knight in a trade soon, then stop do not go past that. Warren Ellis and the artist are leaving the book and unfortunately Brian Wood is taking over.

I would go with either Iron Fist or X-Factor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Fn Man View Post
    You can pick up the first 6 issues of Moon Knight in a trade soon, then stop do not go past that. Warren Ellis and the artist are leaving the book and unfortunately Brian Wood is taking over.

I would go with either Iron Fist or X-Factor
    Ah thats a shame....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Moon Knight actually looks really good. But again, I need to pick something I'll really enjoy!

+ Its either; Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel, Moon Knight, Storm or Deathlok!
    I would go with Deathlok. It is always good to support a fresh solo, especially if the character is not being used in multiple books already. The more single, non-team oriented characters that get a chance at the spotlight are good. Plus if it is good, you win, if it is not, you will not be tied down for years at you would have a year or less timer on the life of the title.
    You may want to wait until next week as well, we should hear about some new single titles and more about possible cancellations during the SDCC.