Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I actually liked Synch, and think it would be neat to see someone that has Rogue-like mutant powers *and actually frikkin' uses them,* unlike Rogue, who leans on the powers she stole from Carol Danvers like a bloody crutch.

That said, a black male mutant with a more subtle power could be neat, like an illusionist (who pretends to be a weather controller, creating all-concealing fogs that his allies can see through clear as day, or 'winds' that make the enemies feel like they are being pushed back, and his allies just walk through barely even feeling them, to get free hits on their stumbling foes, or 'throws lightning' that's actually a taser he's holding, because, like Mastermind, he likes to jazz up his illusions with the occasional bit of deadly reality). He calls himself Skyfire, and let's people think he's somehow connected to Storm, because illusion powers are way more effective if nobody knows that you are an illusionist...

Slick, a pre-existing black male mutant, actually has some form of all-sensory illusion. (Enough to fool people who are *sleeping with him* into thinking his body is completely different than what they are experiencing, although that's just rape-tastic, and should be retconned with extreme prejudice...) If he were re-introduced, the mutant 'decimation' could have caused his mutation to go away, and his body to go through a painful growth spurt as it grew rapidly into the sort of man he would have grown into if he *hadn't* been a mutant (as a mutant, he was a short floppy footed freak, who uses his illusion powers to appear as a tall handsome young man), and when the mutants regained their powers, his illusion powers would have come back, but he was already a tall handsome man for real, and didn't start shrinking back to his original form. Yay, plot device! Since his personal illusions included all senses, including touch, he could logically create claws or a bone blade from his hand, or whatever, and stab / slash someone with them, and they'd feel very real pain, even if the injury would later turn out to be all in their head, making him a bargain basement Psylocke, able to take people down, or even temporarily cripple someone (hah, I just slashed your Achilles tendon, faw down, go boom! Later you'll be fine...) with his illusory natural weapons. (And, like the Skyfire idea, he could always jazz it up with some useful reality, hidden under the illusion, like body armor, brass knuckles, a knife, a taser, etc. so that someone who thinks they are immune to his 'illusions' are going to get a real surprise when he tases their overconfident butt!). His first reappearance at the school, he could walk up to an unsuspecting Quentin Quire and ram a three foot bone blade into the creep's gut (illusion, it'll *feel* like a fatal wound, and possibly put him into shock, but not actually cause any damage) as a repayment for the way Quire maliciously ruined his life in their last encounter.

An Asian *dude* might also be something new. The X-teams and X-school is crawling with Asian ladies, by comparison (Jubilee, Karma, Armor, Surge, Sprite, probably others I'm forgetting, but I'm not counting Psylocke!). Indra's the only Asian dude I can think of right off. Maybe a Thai or Filipino or Singaporean mutant.

This is also true. There are *far* too many already existing mutants that I'd love to see get some page-time, rather than yet another copycat of a pre-existing (and ignored/neglected/forgotten) character.

More Carmella Unuscione. More Fixx. More Wicked. More Freakshow. More Frenzy/Joanna Cargill. More Omerta/Pauli Provenzano. More War/Abraham Lincoln Keiros. More Dust. More frikkin' Scaleface. (I don't even care that she's dead. She's a mutant. 'Dead' is a condition that lasts less time than losing your hands.) Speaking of losing your hands, more Hellion!
    Powerwise... any telepath can fill the illusion power and regarding male asian mutants... Remember this guy?

Also you're right, there are ton of asian ladies in X men, not that I'm complaining btw

Oh I would love to see sunfire again. He deserves a fair go

Astonishing Member

*No more mutants with mental abilities like illusion casting, astral projection, mind reading, etc. It's clear Prof X, Emma, the Summers Family, Quentin, and several other characters have a monopoly on that. And given Marvel has no intention on limiting their abilities, it's a waste of time to introduce another character who has this vague telekinetic/telepathic powerset.

The X-Men need a strong black male character who they're willing to push and give solid presence to. Bishop is fine, but a new character to work with could be nice too. A black American male mutant who can control reddish biocrystals emanating from his body and manipulate sound. He'd be from Miami, have a fashion background, and be a corporate minded mutant looking to expand his businesses and provide socio-economic opportunities for mutants and even Inhumans (good for business). He'd be raised steeped in mutant subculture, given his father was a mutant. Give him a tragic background as a mutant forced to work in some underground sweatshop and have him be a charming, if somewhat sleazy figure within the community.

Despite having rather extreme mutations (antenna, crystal structures on his back, and patches of crystal skin) he'd be a womanizer and capable PR person for the cause. Plot wise, he could be the one put in charge of rebuilding Genosha and turning it into a prosperous nation, developing a potential supporting cast from some of the natives. Not exactly the most groundbreaking character, but a black male who's powerful, has some resources, and can influence the X-Men teams is a great place to start.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Remember this guy?
    Marvel sure doesn't. He was an X-Man for like, twelve seconds (and therefore irrelevant to my comment about Asian dudes being X-Men or at least students), and has languished in obscurity ever since. Silver Samurai has at least been name-dropped in a Wolverine movie (even if it was a robot suit worn by an old guy seeking to steal Wolverine's healing factor...).

Neal Sharra/Thunderbird III, I did forget, 'though.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    A regular guy who believes in mutant rights who joins the X-Men. Get him trained by various X-Men in different skills. (Close Combat by Wolverine, marksmanship by Domino, etc.)
    I do miss the non-mutant allies, like Moira McTaggart, or other non-mutants on the grounds (like Sharon Friedlander and Tom Corsi), or in their lives (like Stevie Hunter, or Candy Southern). Xavier's dream of mutants and humans living and working together continues to be deader than Xavier himself, as long as mutants only hang out with other mutants (or superhumans, for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Marvel sure doesn't. He was an X-Man for like, twelve seconds (and therefore irrelevant to my comment about Asian dudes being X-Men or at least students), and has languished in obscurity ever since. Silver Samurai has at least been name-dropped in a Wolverine movie (even if it was a robot suit worn by an old guy seeking to steal Wolverine's healing factor...).

Neal Sharra/Thunderbird III, I did forget, 'though.

I do miss the non-mutant allies, like Moira McTaggart, or other non-mutants on the grounds (like Sharon Friedlander and Tom Corsi), or in their lives (like Stevie Hunter, or Candy Southern). Xavier's dream of mutants and humans living and working together continues to be deader than Xavier himself, as long as mutants only hang out with other mutants (or superhumans, for that matter).
    Yeah. The X-Men have strayed far from Xavier’s vision.

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

There are plenty of Characters on the table. The best idea is to write characters for the long term
    rather than using them as plot devices. A rotating cast of characters that have spotlight time, and
    growth, that move characters forward vs what we have now which is a variety of mutant wallpaper.
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.