Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New x-characters. Who would you create?

I remember there was a rumour that Disney put the kibosh on new x-characters because they didn't own the rights which is not an issue anymore. Anyway, they created new characters towards the end anyway.

I would love to see a trans character. The marvel u is long overdue for a prominent one

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

It's probably not a bad idea for more "representation" in mutant characters. But the problem is always when a writer makes new character(s) they tend to basically make more or less a copy of older characters which they simply aren't using, which is annoying for people who like those older characters. So gotta make sure the new character actually feels and seems original and unique.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I remember there was a rumour that Disney put the kibosh on new x-characters because they didn't own the rights which is not an issue anymore. Anyway, they created new characters towards the end anyway.

I would love to see a trans character. The marvel u is long overdue for a prominent one
    Then they should push Koi Boi! He's a supporting cast member in Unbeatable Squirrel Girl.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ken_Shiga_(Earth-616)

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Somebody like this with a cool name and power. I don't like Storm dating flatscan humans so he could be her love interest
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    It's probably not a bad idea for more "representation" in mutant characters. But the problem is always when a writer makes new character(s) they tend to basically make more or less a copy of older characters which they simply aren't using, which is annoying for people who like those older characters. So gotta make sure the new character actually feels and seems original and unique.
    Yea, I don't know how i feel about new characters at this point. You need them yet older characters get over looked. One simple solution is letting characters die/ move on with their lives become the norm. That was what Claremont wanted to do but his editors stepped in.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Don't forget that a lot of those new characters are really only used by the writer who makes them, then they're forgotten/barely used.

I'm not claiming Courier is trans...because he didn't think himself a woman, he just got stuck in that form. However I would find it interesting if they brought him back, and after spending time stuck in his female form he discovers he's gender-fluid. Then again...Xavin was sort of gender-fluid, right?

I would’ve said none because there’s too many characters floating in limbo that could be used, but I’d make an exception for a trans character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post

Somebody like this with a cool name and power. I don't like Storm dating flatscan humans so he could be her love interest
    He reminds me of Bishop

I'd create no new characters unless they're necessary for story purposes. So many characters exist unused that I'm certain there's at least one available for every possible role. I would say "exception for creating a trans character," but I'm sure an existing but unused character is available that can be trans too.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post

I am here for this guy. I could so cos play hmm.. He dont just have storm has an option.. Monet needs a new bae if they wont ever resurrect Synch...or CeCe Reyes,he has options .

As far as powers, I would say earth related but we have Magma and Rictor. But I would make him an high level empath, with tactile TK or give him the ability to manipulate gravity or something under used. I dont want his powers to depend on anything but himself since it seems most blk mutants have absorb something or have odd caveats to their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Don't forget that a lot of those new characters are really only used by the writer who makes them, then they're forgotten/barely used.
    They were also unlikely to be used in movies. I like some of them but they were not going to spend the CgI on Shark Girl or Eye Boy.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I would like to see someone bring back Chance from Fallen Angels as a trans man.

Can we get artist credit for the image above, please?

A black male mutant who is just a regular guy and doesn't have powers that rely on mimicking the abilities of other characters

My petty side wants Marvel to take Black Bolt and Co. and just say, "Actually, they were never Inhumans! They were mutants ALL ALONG."