Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Definitely some diverse characters with better powers than corrosive snot please.

I’d really love to see another book similar to the Chicago Morlocks or District X where the characters are not only POC/LGBT but literally come from a different place than the average X-Man. No more students to enroll please—just characters with rich experiences outside of wearing spandex with an ‘X’ belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    My petty side wants Marvel to take Black Bolt and Co. and just say, "Actually, they were never Inhumans! They were mutants ALL ALONG."
    maybe the royal family. I don't want the rest of those morts.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I remember there was a rumour that Disney put the kibosh on new x-characters because they didn't own the rights which is not an issue anymore. Anyway, they created new characters towards the end anyway.

I would love to see a trans character. The marvel u is long overdue for a prominent one
    I would have a son or daughter of Harry Leland join the school
    Harry Leland was the fat guy of the hellfire club who could increase the mass of objects by focusing on them, and by doing that made Wolverine so heavy he fell through many floors until he ended up in the sewers.
    He died of a heart attack (due to being fat) while being a hero, helping the X-Men, Shaw and Selene defeat Nimrod. Shaw had been thrown towards space by Nimrod, Leland focused on Shaw, making him extremely heavy (so he would fall back towards earth instead of ending up in space), and when Shaw landed on Nimrod he was so heavy he hit Nimrod with the power of an Asteroid. Leland died from that effort.

The son/daughter could increase or decrease the mass/weight of things.
    -he could throw a rock or a bunch or marbles upwards and make them have a devastating effect when they land by increasing their weight, you throw bunch of things that weight a few grams and they land each weighting more than 100 kgs, it would wreck a place.
    -he/she could make an area bulletproof by focusing on it and making every bullet that passes through it weight less than 1 gr, stopping them on the air
    -he/she could have some kind of flying levitation by becoming lighter than air, or doign that to other people

make it that his/her mother just died, and now he/she is the owner of all the family fortune. perhaps the Xavier school could benefit from that because of all their money problems.
    And if you want a minority, make it that the wife of Leland was not white.

I think mass manipulation is a very underused power, that is why I always wanted to see someone like this. The closest thing is Graviton, but he isnt exactly the same, he controls Gravity, not mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    My petty side wants Marvel to take Black Bolt and Co. and just say, "Actually, they were never Inhumans! They were mutants ALL ALONG."
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    They were also unlikely to be used in movies. I like some of them but they were not going to spend the CgI on Shark Girl or Eye Boy.
    Can you imagine a live-action version of Eye Boy? The cringe in the theatre would register on seismographs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I would have a son or daughter of Harry Leland join the school
    Harry Leland was the fat guy of the hellfire club who could increase the mass of objects by focusing on them, and by doing that made Wolverine so heavy he fell through many floors until he ended up in the sewers.
    He died of a heart attack (due to being fat) while being a hero, helping the X-Men, Shaw and Selene defeat Nimrod. Shaw had been thrown towards space by Nimrod, Leland focused on Shaw, making him extremely heavy (so he would fall back towards earth instead of ending up in space), and when Shaw landed on Nimrod he was so heavy he hit Nimrod with the power of an Asteroid. Leland died from that effort.

The son/daughter could increase or decrease the mass/weight of things.
    -he could throw a rock or a bunch or marbles upwards and make them have a devastating effect when they land by increasing their weight, you throw bunch of things that weight a few grams and they land each weighting more than 100 kgs, it would wreck a place.
    -he/she could make an area bulletproof by focusing on it and making every bullet that passes through it weight less than 1 gr, stopping them on the air
    -he/she could have some kind of flying levitation by becoming lighter than air, or doign that to other people

make it that his/her mother just died, and now he/she is the owner of all the family fortune. perhaps the Xavier school could benefit from that because of all their money problems.
    And if you want a minority, make it that the wife of Leland was not white.

I think mass manipulation is a very underused power, that is why I always wanted to see someone like this. The closest thing is Graviton, but he isnt exactly the same, he controls Gravity, not mass.
    Shinobi Shaw is rumored to be Harry's kid. he mentioned the rumor to Sebastian before "killing" him. it would make sense; given Shinobi's density manipulation ability.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Shinobi Shaw is rumored to be Harry's kid. he mentioned the rumor to Sebastian before "killing" him. it would make sense; given Shinobi's density manipulation ability.
    I didnt know that. I think Shinobi was killed off panel by Sebastian.
    The powers of Shinobi were what Byrne thought should be the natural evolution of Kitty Pryde's powers. If she can phase, she should also be able to become super dense.

A black male mutant who is just a regular guy and doesn't have powers that rely on mimicking the abilities of other characters
    His name was Synch, and he is missed to this day!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I’ll second this. Wish Marvel would find a way to bring him back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    i like Synch a lot. but his power was power mimicry.

Ultimate Member

A black male mutant who is just a regular guy and doesn't have powers that rely on mimicking the abilities of other characters
    I actually liked Synch, and think it would be neat to see someone that has Rogue-like mutant powers *and actually frikkin' uses them,* unlike Rogue, who leans on the powers she stole from Carol Danvers like a bloody crutch.

That said, a black male mutant with a more subtle power could be neat, like an illusionist (who pretends to be a weather controller, creating all-concealing fogs that his allies can see through clear as day, or 'winds' that make the enemies feel like they are being pushed back, and his allies just walk through barely even feeling them, to get free hits on their stumbling foes, or 'throws lightning' that's actually a taser he's holding, because, like Mastermind, he likes to jazz up his illusions with the occasional bit of deadly reality). He calls himself Skyfire, and let's people think he's somehow connected to Storm, because illusion powers are way more effective if nobody knows that you are an illusionist...

Slick, a pre-existing black male mutant, actually has some form of all-sensory illusion. (Enough to fool people who are *sleeping with him* into thinking his body is completely different than what they are experiencing, although that's just rape-tastic, and should be retconned with extreme prejudice...) If he were re-introduced, the mutant 'decimation' could have caused his mutation to go away, and his body to go through a painful growth spurt as it grew rapidly into the sort of man he would have grown into if he *hadn't* been a mutant (as a mutant, he was a short floppy footed freak, who uses his illusion powers to appear as a tall handsome young man), and when the mutants regained their powers, his illusion powers would have come back, but he was already a tall handsome man for real, and didn't start shrinking back to his original form. Yay, plot device! Since his personal illusions included all senses, including touch, he could logically create claws or a bone blade from his hand, or whatever, and stab / slash someone with them, and they'd feel very real pain, even if the injury would later turn out to be all in their head, making him a bargain basement Psylocke, able to take people down, or even temporarily cripple someone (hah, I just slashed your Achilles tendon, faw down, go boom! Later you'll be fine...) with his illusory natural weapons. (And, like the Skyfire idea, he could always jazz it up with some useful reality, hidden under the illusion, like body armor, brass knuckles, a knife, a taser, etc. so that someone who thinks they are immune to his 'illusions' are going to get a real surprise when he tases their overconfident butt!). His first reappearance at the school, he could walk up to an unsuspecting Quentin Quire and ram a three foot bone blade into the creep's gut (illusion, it'll *feel* like a fatal wound, and possibly put him into shock, but not actually cause any damage) as a repayment for the way Quire maliciously ruined his life in their last encounter.

An Asian *dude* might also be something new. The X-teams and X-school is crawling with Asian ladies, by comparison (Jubilee, Karma, Armor, Surge, Sprite, probably others I'm forgetting, but I'm not counting Psylocke!). Indra's the only Asian dude I can think of right off. Maybe a Thai or Filipino or Singaporean mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I'd create no new characters unless they're necessary for story purposes. So many characters exist unused that I'm certain there's at least one available for every possible role. I would say "exception for creating a trans character," but I'm sure an existing but unused character is available that can be trans too.
    This is also true. There are *far* too many already existing mutants that I'd love to see get some page-time, rather than yet another copycat of a pre-existing (and ignored/neglected/forgotten) character.

More Carmella Unuscione. More Fixx. More Wicked. More Freakshow. More Frenzy/Joanna Cargill. More Omerta/Pauli Provenzano. More War/Abraham Lincoln Keiros. More Dust. More frikkin' Scaleface. (I don't even care that she's dead. She's a mutant. 'Dead' is a condition that lasts less time than losing your hands.) Speaking of losing your hands, more Hellion!
    Last edited by Sutekh; 12-19-2017 at 06:11 AM.

Windshear should have kept his powers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Windshear should have kept his powers.
    I liked Windshear (who sadly not only was depowered, he also has Leukemia) and the Bedlam brothers, more than Synch to be honest.
    this pic are the AoA Bedlam brothers. In 616 Terry was evil and is depowered, while Jesse is dead (was crucified and died with Skin)

Synch had bland powers and personality imo. Hope Summers who has the same power as Synch, never became popular herself, in spite of a push that lasted years, and has been often in limbo after AvX.

The only Alpha Flight mutants who still have their powers iirc are Aurora and Northstar, Madison Jeffries (who became a lab guy that doesnt use his robot suit anymore), and Purple Woman who is in prison. Sophia-Wind Dancer could have developed Wind Shear style powers if she hadnt been depowered. Perhaps they thought she would be too similar to Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I liked Windshear (who sadly not only was depowered, he also has Leukemia) and the Bedlam brothers, more than Synch to be honest.
    this pic are the AoA Bedlam brothers. In 616 Terry was evil and is depowered, while Jesse is dead (was crucified and died with Skin)

Synch had bland powers and personality imo. Hope Summers who has the same power as Synch, never became popular herself, in spite of a push that lasted years, and has been often in limbo after AvX.

The only Alpha Flight mutants who still have their powers iirc are Aurora and Northstar, Madison Jeffries (who became a lab guy that doesnt use his robot suit anymore), and Purple Woman who is in prison. Sophia-Wind Dancer could have developed Wind Shear style powers if she hadnt been depowered. Perhaps they thought she would be too similar to Storm?

Ah, the forgotten AOA Mutants. They pushed the Bedlam Bros. hard and then practically erased them from 616. Same with Vincente and Eliz Guthrie.

As for Wind Dancer, you may be right. That and they may have thought had too many characters.

A regular guy who believes in mutant rights who joins the X-Men. Get him trained by various X-Men in different skills. (Close Combat by Wolverine, marksmanship by Domino, etc.)