Default Brubaker (Darwyn Cooke) Catwoman one of the best runs I've ever read.

I have been meaning to read this run for years, from Selina's Big Score thru #32 of the on going series, but its fantastic.

I wouldn't mind if Bendis relaunched a Catwoman title. I think he would be perfect for it.

It's a classic run, that's for sure

Its the best Catwoman run IMO. No doubt.

I'm glad you enjoyed it .

BANNED

Yes, yes it was indeed.

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

It's a classic run. Damn, do I miss Darwyn...
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

I haven't seen anybody disliking this run. It is basically what everybody recommends when it comes to Catwoman and overshadow other stories. Hopefully DC will push some of their older Catwoman stories. At least DC plans on releasing Jim Balent's run.

Spectacular Member

I've not read the full Brubaker run, but I've been looking into it more lately to better understand Holly. I originally thought it was part of the street level Selina that I didn't care for, but it gets so much praise here that maybe she comes off differently than I thought.

Which form of Catwoman/Selina Kyle is in this? Is this the master-criminal tier Selina (henchmen, smart enough to set traps for Batman, great fighter - doesn't just run away, self confident, self powered, has aspirations), or was this the street level Selina (not necessarily educated, streel level crimes, good at escaping, defends neighbourhood, reactive (ie. someone attacks her friends and so she goes after them)). Or something in between? Did she have big conquests or was it more personal stories? Would someone reading this come out thinking Selina/Catwoman was a "big deal" and believable as a past legitimate foe of Batman on the level of Penguin and Riddler?

Is there a major storyline that shows her in an impressive light that would be good place for me to read as a "this is why she's great" story? The parts that I have been reading have been mostly interpersonal stories.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
    I have been meaning to read this run for years, from Selina's Big Score thru #32 of the on going series, but its fantastic.

I wouldn't mind if Bendis relaunched a Catwoman title. I think he would be perfect for it.
    Anything Ed Brubaker does is awsome:

* Catwoman
    * Gotham Central
    * Bruce Wayne Murderer ? / Bruce Wayne Fugitive
    * Batman: The Man Who Laughs
    * Defenders
    * Sandman Presents: Dead Boy
    * Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    * The Death of Captain America
    * Captain America: Reborn
    * Daredevil: Blood of the Tarantula
    * The Immortal Iron Fist
    * The Authority: Revolution
    * Sleeper
    * Fatale / Velvet / The Fade Out / Kill or Be Killed
    * Lowlife

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Its the only version of Catwoman I like and I miss her and Slam and Holly (even Zeiss and Black Mask)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Its the only version of Catwoman I like and I miss her and Slam and Holly (even Zeiss and Black Mask)
    What was it specifically about this version of catwoman that you liked that was missing in others (or perhaps there was some aspect in others that you didn't like that is absent here and therefore makes her likeable? ). I'm trying to better grasp the things I like about catwoman myself. There are so many very different iterations of her.

I love and miss Cooke (such an amazing illustrator) and loved the design of the title, but it just wasn't my cup or tea. Which is BIZARRE for me since I love Selina Kyle and some of Brubaker's other works.

I glad you think it's the best though!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post

Agreed on both counts! Other than King's current version, this is probably my favorite version of Selina and her world ever!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I love and miss Cooke (such an amazing illustrator) and loved the design of the title, but it just wasn't my cup or tea. Which is BIZARRE for me since I love Selina Kyle and some of Brubaker's other works.

I glad you think it's the best though!
    Which version of Selina Kyle/Catwoman do you like best?