Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default November sales chart

Here are sales figures for November:
    https://www.cbr.com/doomsday-clock-n...ales-charts/2/

No X-Men team book cracked 50,000 in sales.
    Avengers #673 lost most of the readers it gain before the renumbering.
    Moon Girl went up a lot because it had Thing, Human Torch, and Silver Surfer in it.
    Thanos went up a lot.

Astonishing Member

Secret Warriors went up then went back to its 9000 numbers
    Last edited by Noek; 12-18-2017 at 10:56 AM. Reason: CBR didn't make a spelling mistake

Tad bit embarrassing for Marvel I think

No marvel in the top 10.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    No marvel in the top 10.
    Star Wars.

The Legacy numbering/branding seems as successful as your average relaunch, so I guess now we just have to wait to see how far all the titles will fall afterwards...especially since some have already fallen quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Star Wars.
    Correct but do not consider Star Wars just titles with marvel heroes.

It seems the best place was for Punisher.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Tad bit embarrassing for Marvel I think
    If anything, this month is an embarrassment for DC. This was as packed a month as DC can have - the debut of Doomsday Clock (with a separate lenticular cover) and a host of Metal one-shots and tie-ins (Bats Out of Hell) - and yet they couldn't outsell what was a decidedly unpacked month for Marvel, their first with not a single #1 issue since 1999 and with no events.

If DC with all their guns blazing doesn't outsell a less-than-average Marvel month, that's not great news for DC. By rights they should have crushed Marvel this month but they didn't. Also, despite claims from DC that Doomsday Clock would be the best selling single issue of 2017, it wasn't. Not even with the regular cover and lenticular added together.

And ask any business what they'd prefer - to sell less product than their chief competitor but make more money or sell more product but make less money and they'll all choose the former over the latter.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    No marvel in the top 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Star Wars.
    Cap is in the top ten lol! Poor Marvel.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If anything, this month is an embarrassment for DC. This was as packed a month as DC can have - the debut of Doomsday Clock (with a separate lenticular cover) and a host of Metal one-shots and tie-ins (Bats Out of Hell) - and yet they couldn't outsell what was a decidedly unpacked month for Marvel, their first with not a single #1 issue since 1999 and with no events.

If DC with all their guns blazing doesn't outsell a less-than-average Marvel month, that's not great news for DC. By rights they should have crushed Marvel this month but they didn't. Also, despite claims from DC that Doomsday Clock would be the best selling single issue of 2017, it wasn't. Not even with the regular cover and lenticular added together.

And ask any business what they'd prefer - to sell less product than their chief competitor but make more money or sell more product but make less money and they'll all choose the former over the latter.
    I've reread your post and did misinterpret originally. My apologies.

I think you're correct that businesses would rather make more money off less product, but I wouldn't discount the benefit of selling more product. It shows your company is moving in a direction the consumer likes, and therefore can and likely will translate to more revenue in the future.
    Last edited by NoDakFan; 12-18-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Glad to see Thanos go up! Strange too. Great books by Cates.

Surprised to see Moon Knight's #2 issue have its last volume's #12 numbers.

Genuinely surprised to see Captain America's return sell so well. Thought the negativity surrounding Secret Empire would've made that more difficult. Curious what its #2 numbers will look like.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Incredible Member

Dang Runaways at 16k by issue 3, I’ve been enjoying this so much too.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Glad to see Thanos go up! Strange too. Great books by Cates.
    I'm honestly starting to think they didn't need to revamp Strange as much as they did with Aaron since his book seems to sell reliably well.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

So with Bendis on the way out, who's Marvel's big gun going to be? I don't know if anyone has the drawing power just on their name on book these days. Even Bendis has been on a downward drift for Marvel...Invincible Iron Man did just average numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    So with Bendis on the way out, who's Marvel's big gun going to be? I don't know if anyone has the drawing power just on their name on book these days. Even Bendis has been on a downward drift for Marvel...Invincible Iron Man did just average numbers.
    At this point I think a barometer for sales is being less creative team-based and more book-based.