Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Man....if only the GL stories were as riveting as the debates about characters.....
    It's a shame that usually nothing productive ever comes from these debates. Nobody changes their mind about the characters, nobody learns anything new about them, the best thing we can hope for is the "let's agree to disagree" conclusion and that's really sad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's a shame that usually nothing productive ever comes from these debates. Nobody changes their mind about the characters, nobody learns anything new about them, the best thing we can hope for is the "let's agree to disagree" conclusion and that's really sad.
    Honestly, I feel the only sad thing is that DC has such a passionate fanbase, yet totally fails to properly exploit it.

I think it's cool that some of the characters are loved while others are reviled.

The main thing I love about these debates is the passion from the posters.

It's like wrestling, the GLC characters will get booed of cheered, not much middle ground.

It's the lack-luster stories, not the characters, that's behind the lack of big sales.

BANNED

Honestly, I feel the only sad thing is that DC has such a passionate fanbase, yet totally fails to properly exploit it.

I think it's cool that some of the characters are loved while others are reviled.

The main thing I love about these debates is the passion from the posters.

It's like wrestling, the GLC characters will get booed of cheered, not much middle ground.

It's the lack-luster stories, not the characters, that's behind the lack of big sales.
    Leaving aside that I feel Humphries' Green Lanterns was bloody fantastic for the most part and how there are numerous examples even within just Rebirth of sales, good or bad, not reflecting a book's quality at all, I do agree with you about the debates. GL debates are honestly some of my favorites. They have the same level of insane passion as Batgirl and Flash debates, but I don't feel as much personal investment toward them so I don't end up getting worked up over nothing.

Also, Hal definitely did Guy dirty.

I think it's because DC has such a passionate fanbase that it's difficult for DC to please everyone, especially in today's market.

Not that I'm saying DC hasn't shot themselves in the foot on that front, because they have at times, but with any major franchise with passionate fans it's hard to give everyone what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would you say that title is comparable to what we have in Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. right now, out of curiosity?
    I would not. To me, that was much more of a team book where they each had their own thing going on, but it was all about their different personalities. One of my favorite things about that run was the dynamic between Ch'p and Salaak - the optimist and the pessimist, always bickering but it gave them an extremely strong bond. HJ&GLC is more like a super-band - they're a collection of lead characters, where they each have to have their heroic moment that shows how awesome they are.(to placate the fans) The latest issue showed this - where they all did their own thing, in their own way and there's a need to always make sure each gets their spotlight. The old book seemed more natural in terms of which characters were in the forefront and which ones were more supporting. And the stories seemed to come more from the characters rather than the new paradigm of them just reacting to one universe-ending threat after another.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely:
    THE TERRIFICS #2 - Gets an arc.
    ETERNITY GIRL #1 - Gets a few issues.
    CAVE CARSON HAS AN INTERSTELLAR EYE #1 Well THAT is a pointless name change, but whatever, series is fun and heartfelt.
    MOTHER PANIC: GOTHAM A.D. #1 - Not sure how I feel about the new direction. Hope it's good, but it seems a far cry from what the previous series was. Also, yet ANOTHER story based on a future timeline or whatever. Hope the next series goes back to modern day.
    BATMAN #42
    BATMAN #43
    DEATHSTROKE #29
    MISTER MIRACLE #7
    WONDER WOMAN #42
    WONDER WOMAN #43
    WILDSTORM: MICHAEL CRAY #6

DEATHSTROKE VOL. 4: DEFIANCE TP
    SUPERMAN VOL. 5: HOPES AND FEARS TP
    THE FLASH BY MARK WAID BOOK FOUR TP - **** yeah! Terminal Velocity is one of my favourite Flash stories, right up there with Chain Lightning and Blitz, so I'm glad it's being collected. Wally's #0 is probably one of my favourite comics EVER, so that's even better! I'm really happy that these are being put out so fast.
    HAWKMAN BY GEOFF JOHNS BOOK TWO TP - Haven't finished the first trade, but I did enjoy what I have read. Glad these are coming out sooner rather than later. Also, I've heard good things about the Gray and Palmiotti run afterwards, so I hope that stuff is collected too.
    INFINITE CRISIS OMNIBUS HC NEW EDITION - It's been mildly annoying me for a while that I never grabbed the first edition when it was available... everywhere. Also, while it's very flawed, I did like Infinite Crisis, and I'm wondering how it will read when I've also read all the tie-ins. Also also, surprised Batman and 'Tec never tied into it, though maybe thaey had one last grand emo blow out before Morrison's run began?
    THE KAMANDI CHALLENGE HC - I only recently found out what this was all about (in terms of the creative teams), and it's a cool concept. Also, because Tom King wrote some of it, thus I must read it :P
    SLEEPER BOOK ONE TP - I've had a huge Brubaker itch for a while now, and while Kill or be Killed is really good, I need some more typical Brubaker noir.

Maybe:
    SHADE, THE CHANGING WOMAN #1 - The first series started strong but ended up just meandering and.. bleh. Will see how this goes. Interested in what the new status quo and supporting characters (doubt Casellucci will use the previous ones again) will be like.
    THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD: BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN #2 - Depends on the first issue.
    THE FLASH #42 - Because Wally is in this arc and it's probably setting up the Wally-centric story. Also, yay, Avery being the Flash of China is acknowledged outside of New Super-Man! Her costume looks weird when Di Giandomenico draws it though, but I guess the pink isn't threatening.
    THE FLASH #43

BATMAN VOL. 5: THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT TP - Might switch to the OHCs for this run.
    BATMAN: DETECTIVE COMICS VOL. 5: A LONELY PLACE OF LIVING TP - If it ends up tying into Conner/Young Justice stuff. Story itself was... eh. It was okay. Definitely one of the better of Tynion's arcs, but still nothing that great.
    NIGHTWING VOL. 5: RAPTOR’S REVENGE TP - Dropped Seeley's run after about three arcs, but might pick this up just because I wanna read some Dick stuff :P
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

Wow, The Immortal Men is really showcasing how Dark Matter is the artist imprint, huh?

Oh hey, Abnett remembers Johns' Aquaman epilogue!Hope he doesn't revert Orm to a moustache twirling villain.

I can't pin point why, but I don't like the idea of Matt McGinnis being Robin (unless he's just destroying that costume to spite Damian?)

With how "Batmen Eternal" lines up with Action Comics #1000, I'm guessing Tim leaves to join Conner? Or that's at least set up?

I don't know why, but it took me a while to realise who that was on the Hellblazer cover. Idno, I'm probs just bad with recognising that silhouette since I'm still not really used to Helena's new costume. Also the bolt colour feels bluer than it should.

Was NOT expecting the Aqua-Man to be Korean! Huh!

God, that RHatO cover. And it doesn't even seem to be connected to the solicitation itself.

Damn, was hoping Jody Houser would take over Supergirl, but I guess not. Whelp, guess I'm not reading that.

Yay, Kathy's back in Superman!

I wonder if it's weird for Damian that his mum dresses like that? And what about when Jon hits puberty?!

Can we get someone else on Titans already? It is WALLOWING in tired superhero tropes.

Any mention of Skartaris instantly makes me stop caring about whatever I'm seeing, so I guess I'm not picking up Robinson's Trinity run.

That Flash OHC cover makes me happy. Felt weird that Jay wasn't even on the back of the Button OHC. Also, still weird that these OHCs aren't collecting other series when they're kinda super important to the story.

Is Kirkham sure everyone's clothes are tight enough on that RHatO trade cover?

I've been thinking of getting into the Hannah Barbera comics, but why is does Future Quest Presents Vol. 1 leave out issue 4?
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

I don't see Wildstorm in the solicits, only Michael Cray. Was Wildstorm a 12 issue maxi?

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by AMAZINGTFL View Post
    I don't see Wildstorm in the solicits, only Michael Cray. Was Wildstorm a 12 issue maxi?
    The Wild Storm is a planned 24-issue series, with a month break between every six-issue arc. March is the break month following the second arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    The Wild Storm is a planned 24-issue series, with a month break between every six-issue arc. March is the break month following the second arc.
    Thank you for info.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Must be nice to be guaranteed 24 issues.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.