Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    Did I miss it or is there no Doomsday Clock for March?
    Geoff Johns just tweeted that Doomsday clock is taking a month break.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Flash War is coming later in the year and is going to be happening IN the Flash book I believe.

They're probably just describing the Flash Family as Barry, Wally, NuWally and Avery.
    Oh yea here's the cover and solicit for the Flash.

flash42.jpg
    THE FLASH #43

Written by Joshua Williamson, art and cover by Carmine Di Giandomenico, variant cover by David Finch and Danny Miki.

"Perfect Storm," part five! With the Flash Family hot on his heels, Barry takes the fight to Grodd. If he's going to survive, he'll need to steal his powers back and stop Grodd by any means necessary!Â

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on March 28.

Yup. There's the whole Flash family. Even the Flash of China who's brand new. Yup. Everyone. No one missing here. Or no one important at least for DC.

Meh... DC back to basics as usual. Though I'm looking forward to The New Age of Heroes, it's hard to get excited about them because DC has a history of introducing new characters then dropping them like a bad habit when they don't catch on right away. Oh well at least they look cool!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Oh yea here's the cover and solicit for the Flash.

flash42.jpg
    THE FLASH #43

Written by Joshua Williamson, art and cover by Carmine Di Giandomenico, variant cover by David Finch and Danny Miki.

"Perfect Storm," part five! With the Flash Family hot on his heels, Barry takes the fight to Grodd. If he's going to survive, he'll need to steal his powers back and stop Grodd by any means necessary!Â

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on March 28.

Yup. There's the whole Flash family. Even the Flash of China who's brand new. Yup. Everyone. No one missing here. Or no one important at least for DC.
    This may be a placeholder to avoid spoilers (if it's the case). DC has done it before, and you need to put Wallyt in there is a re-color.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Spectacular Member

Big month for DC’s side imprints, with more New Age of DC Heroes titles starting and Young Animal relaunch. Still interested in Sideways and Terrifics. Maybe Immortal Men too since I like what Tynion did on DCYou Constantine. Will wait on word of mouth for the Brimstone trade. Eternity Girl sounds cool but imma probably be trade waiting Young Animal from now on.

If Sejic’s not doing the interiors then I guess Aquaman is off my pull list because I only had it pulled for his art. I'll check out the next artist's work though to reach a conclusion.

Justice League solicits don’t seem too interesting but that’s probably because we’ve only had one issue of the current arc (which I jumped on and am really digging) so they might just not be revealing too much.

Not interested in the Superman Bizarro arc. It’s cool that Tomasi has turned Superman into more of an episodic, two-and-done series. Makes it more accessible and probably compliments the overarching stuff going on in Action Comics. I'm just personally not as interested anymore. I’ll catch up and then see if I wanna drop it.

I love Super Sons but them vs Talia sounds meh.

Waiting on word of mouth for Humphries on Nightwing, and the Batman/Wonder Woman and Mera miniseries. How's Seeley on Green Lanterns?

Can’t wait for Deathstroke Volume 4. Mister Miracle and Batman: White Knight are still hype.

Last issues for Ragman and Mystik-U minis so that cuts down my pull list thankfully.

Overall kinda meh tbh.
    Last edited by nickytesla96; 12-18-2017 at 07:10 PM.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

It frustrates me when an artist gets popular and then DC stops giving them monthly titles to do covers, crossovers, and events. They've done it with Fabok and Reis, and now Jorge Jiminez. His art is fantastic, but I'd rather see it consistently in the same book month-to-month than on a couple covers and 1/3 of a crossover.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nickytesla96 View Post
    How's Seeley on Green Lanterns?
    Not bad, but very underwhelming compared to Humphries' run.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Now, I really disliked this HJ & GLC solicit.

Kyle Rayner tries to control Hal’s ring, but the power within the ring is overwhelming him.
    The guy controlled ION, controlled ION alongside ALL the energy from the Central Battery and the life essence of the Guardians, REBUILT THE BATTERY and RESSURECTED THE GUARDIANS, then went to control every single shade od the emotional spectrum, became the Goddamn White Lantern but oh"Mainly Man Jordan's ring is too powerfull!!! I'm overwhelmed!!!!"

Ge-zuz...
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Spectacular Member

That's too bad. Haven't read the series but been interested in the two characters. Might pick up the trades for Humphries' run.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Now, I really disliked this HJ & GLC solicit.

The guy controlled ION, controlled ION alongside ALL the energy from the Central Battery and the life essence of the Guardians, REBUILT THE BATTERY and RESSURECTED THE GUARDIANS, then went to control every single shade od the emotional spectrum, became the Goddamn White Lantern but oh"Mainly Man Jordan's ring is too powerfull!!! I'm overwhelmed!!!!"

Ge-zuz...
    My only exposure to Kyle is through Tom King's awesome Omega Men series during DCYou and that solicit pisses me off.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Did that run get better as it went on? I sampled the first trade on Hoopla to prep for his Nightwing run and had to stop a few issues in because I hated it.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 12-18-2017 at 07:28 PM. Reason: j
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    It frustrates me when an artist gets popular and then DC stops giving them monthly titles to do covers, crossovers, and events. They've done it with Fabok and Reis, and now Jorge Jiminez. His art is fantastic, but I'd rather see it consistently in the same book month-to-month than on a couple covers and 1/3 of a crossover.
    Fabok has repeatedly said that he doesn't want to do monthlies any more. Drawing Justice League required him to work crazy hours and was bad for his health. DC has tried to use Reis' to support some secondary books like Cyborg and the second Justice League book but it hasn't stuck. Hopefully he can get a good run on Terrifics.

He's already off by or after issue 4, which is hilarious.

Just give'm all minis or something. Good art is worth nothing if it's not consistent.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 12-18-2017 at 07:43 PM.

These solicits are just looking ok for me.

Action Comics kind of surprised that the lead up to #1000 is this. Pretty underwhelming. Not happy about Booth on the art. Just got rid of him on Titans. I hope they actually make Sam Lane a two dimensional character. This stereotypical mean military thing has been done to death already.
    Lois and Clark have also been married awhile so it wouldn't make sense to do this fighting thing now.

Superman This Bizarro story could be interesting. Bizarro is a fun character but not really liking the team on this book. They usually disappoint.

Detective Comics This sounds interesting. I'm glad there is focus on Tim. Although I'm not the biggest fan of the dark road they are taking him down it is intriguing and being done well.

Nightwing Have no idea what's happening. I guess when the team starts starting from this week I'll get an idea where this is going.

Red Hood This sounds fun.

Wonder Woman Sounds pretty good. Glad to see that they are continuing with the Darkseid story and building up on it.

Hal Jordan and the GLC Zod vs the Lanterns is pretty cool but it sounds like they are taking it a step further. Not sure what they mean by Zod taking control over the GLC but sounds intriguing. Plus Kyle getting a spotlight.

Titans "Sigh" More stupid internal drama. Can they actually just fight a villain or something. I've given up on this series. Shame.

Flash Well that didn't last too long. as I knew it wouldn't. Just in the last issue it says how Wally steps in for Barry as the Flash and already here no mention at all of Wally. And Wally is conspicously missing from that cover of the Flash family (Of course).

Honorable mentions.

Mera. The Teriffics. Curse of Brimstone. Trinity. These look cool and I am optimistic for them.

Looking forward to the New Age of Heroes books. Deathstroke and Mister Miracle of course. Cool to see The Red Lion appearing in Justice League. Priest’s run should be interesting.

Nothing else looks super exciting though.

Eh. I’ll pick up the same ones as always. Action, Superman, Titans, TT, Supersons and probably Terrífics as well as Visaggios’ title a well as Sharp’s brave and the bold.