Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thoughts:

- So is Brimstone basically a Ghost Rider pastiche? Because that's what he sounds like.

- Immortal Men sound like an immortal and more fantastical G.I. Joe. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing or not. Or how I feel about Tynion writing another team book.

- I'm not sure if Rath deserves his own origin issue but maybe it can help him grow out of the one-note Trump stand-in he's been across his entire existence. If you're going to make a character the main villain of your big storyline, at least give them some depth.

- Mera vs. Orm should be fun, especially since we haven't seen them really interact at all in this continuity, and I'm curious to see what Orm's view of Mera is (especially since she's apparently Queen now).

- Tobias Whale not being albino is still weird.

- Wait, Felicity in Bombshells...please don't tell me that's Felicity Smoak ?

- Sounds like Priest's Deathstroke run is coming to a close.

- Calling Wally II, Godspeed, and Avery the "Flash Family" just kind of rubs me the wrong way (and I doubt I'm alone), and that's coming from someone who actually likes those characters. Godspeed's not even a hero. That's like saying Thawne is a member of the Flash Family. Although Grodd as the main villain sounds cool.

- How could you have a biker gang DC AU without the Main Man?

- It sounds like Percy's Green Arrow run is coming to a culmination as well, moreso then before. I like Emiko's Red Arrow costume on the cover.

- "Order of the Steed." Oh Seeley .

- Huntress and John Constantine should be an...interesting combination.

- Never thought I'd be pumped to see the GL's take on Zod, but there you go.

- I'm not surprised Red Lion is showing up in Justice League, but I'm curious to see how Priest pits him against the League (especially since he's kind of a Black Panther parody).

- Hey, Chronos is back. Cool. Though it feels weird to see him square off against an Atom that's not Ray Palmer, though that reminds me of that Brave and the Bold episode.

- Wow, those Furies on that Mister Miracle cover. I think this is definitely going to make up for their showing in Superman .

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Not bad, but very underwhelming compared to Humphries' run.
    I dunno, I think it's about on par or a bit better then Humprhies' early issues, but he's only 3-4 issues down and I don't think Humphries' run really picked up until the end of the first arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    The guy controlled ION, controlled ION alongside ALL the energy from the Central Battery and the life essence of the Guardians, REBUILT THE BATTERY and RESSURECTED THE GUARDIANS, then went to control every single shade od the emotional spectrum, became the Goddamn White Lantern but oh"Mainly Man Jordan's ring is too powerfull!!! I'm overwhelmed!!!!"

Ge-zuz...
    Honestly I think it's because of Kyle's experience with all that that he's going to be the only one who can actually control Hal's ring.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I think it's because of Kyle's experience with all that that he's going to be the only one who can actually control Hal's ring.
    The fact that "HAL`S RING" is a thing bothers me from the start. Oh, he forged it!

Yeah, not the first one to do that.

But ok, the forging and all that was a cool moment. But "it's a special ring, and only Hal Jordan is WILFULL ENOUGH" to control it!!!!!".... Meh. (Also one of the reasons I don't like Jordan. One of his superpowers is throwing others under the bus. ¬¬)
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 12-18-2017 at 10:30 PM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

The fact that "HAL`S RING" is a thing bothers me from the start. Oh, he forged it!

Yeah, not the first one to do that.

But ok, the forging and all that was a cool moment. But "it's a special ring, and only Hal Jordan is WILFULL ENOUGH" to control it!!!!!".... Meh. (Also one of the reasons I don't like Jordan. One of his superpowers is throwing others under the bus. ¬¬)
    Who else did it?

(I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a DC lead who hasn't thrown somebody under a bus at some point. Maybe Aquaman).

Who else did it?
    Kyle. In one go he resurrected the Guardians, reforged OA's battery and his ring.

(I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a DC lead who hasn't thrown somebody under a bus at some point. Maybe Aquaman).
    True, but I'd also be hard pressed to find any other one who makes such an habit out of it, including Batman.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Kyle. In one go he resurrected the Guardians, reforged OA's battery and his ring.
    Ah, cool .

True, but I'd also be hard pressed to find any other one who makes such an habit out of it, including Batman.
    Really? Even including Batman ?

Really? Even including Batman ?
    Oh, yeah. 10char

Welcome back to Astro City. My only monthly buy; everything else is trade waited.

Extraordinary Member

Hal hasn't been anywhere near as big a jerk as Bruce, and I say this as a big Bruce fan.

I'll be getting:
    The Terrifics #2
    Green Arrow #38
    Nightwing #40 and #41
    Red Hood and the Outlaws #20
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Not bad, but very underwhelming compared to Humphries' run.
    Agree. Disappointing, that. I hope Humphries give us a good Nightwing since they swapped books because Seeley's Nightwing did nothing for me. His GL's is very early (2 issues, I think?) but not promising. And Humphries' GL's was a favorite of mine. I enjoyed it much more than Hal Jordan's book. Not anymore though. Eager to follow Humphries back to Nightwing.

I just love the name "Madam Atom." Honestly, I'd be shocked if someone hadn't thought of it earlier...

And honestly, I know it's not good to make fun of other people's pain but I knew some folks would be pissed by the "Hal Jordan GLC" solit. It's so much exactly what they keep railing against when it comes to Hal ... (the most annoying things that happen in comics only registers at most a 2 on the real world troubles scale, so I feel okay with it)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-19-2017 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I just love the name "Madam Atom." Honestly, I'd be shocked if someone hadn't thought of it earlier...

And honestly, I know it's not good to make fun of other people's pain but I knew some folks would be pissed by the "Hal Jordan GLC" solit. It's so much exactly what they keep railing against when it comes to Hal ... (the most annoying things that happen in comics only registers at most a 2 on the real world troubles scale, so I feel okay with it)
    First world problems and all that.

- Mera vs. Orm should be fun, especially since we haven't seen them really interact at all in this continuity, and I'm curious to see what Orm's view of Mera is (especially since she's apparently Queen now).
    Throne of Atlantis arc in Aquaman and Justice League four years ago? Heck, there's even an animated movie version of that storyline.

AQUAMAN
    MERA, QUEEN OF ATLANTIS
    ACTION COMICS 999..
    BATMAN SINS OF THE FATHER
    BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES II
    BATMAN BEYOND..
    I hope see one Robin Beyond
    DEATHSTROKE.... Priest last issue? I hope see him in JL.. Replaced by BENDIS?
    GREEN LANTERNS
    HAL GREEN LANTERNS..
    JUSTICE LEAGUE...
    NEW SUPER-MAN AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF CHINA
    NIGHTWING 40
    RAVEN: DAUGHTER OF DARKNESS
    RED HOOD OUTLAWS
    SUPERGIRL
    WONDERWOMAN.
    ... Darkseid again... WW fanbase will not be happy..

Maybe I will see GREEN ARROW this time.. After renounce to Detective Comics, is a good option
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-19-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Thoughts:

- Sounds like Priest's Deathstroke run is coming to a close.

- It sounds like Percy's Green Arrow run is coming to a culmination as well, moreso then before. I like Emiko's Red Arrow costume on the cover.

-I'm not surprised Red Lion is showing up in Justice League, but I'm curious to see how Priest pits him against the League (especially since he's kind of a Black Panther parody).
    I think that Orm will see Mera as someone who doesn´t deserve this, because she is a XEBEL and because he is son of the real Royal family of Atlantis....

hmmm... I think that BENDIS will be in Deathstroke and Green Arrow... But if Priest is the new Justice League writer during a long time, I can accept this.. Seems that for now he will not put his hands in Damian..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-19-2017 at 06:03 AM.