Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
Luke's Portrayal in the Last Jedi, I think will always be a blight in the Star Wars lore going forward.

Strictly speaking from the movies that we've seen before TFA and LAST JEDI. Luke has never really struck me as a quitter, so the idea/notion of him quitting the force does not sit well with me at all. Sure he can stumble and have self-doubt and what not but out right quitting and Isolating himself, does not stick with his character. Even in the Force Awakens, when it said that Luke has Vanished, I've always found that odd.

The reasoning behind his vanishing is as equally terrible as the portrayal of him quitting (And drinking green space cow milk). Someone like Han Solo or Lando I could see quitting something or running back to something comfortable which incidentally is exactly what Han did and no one really questioned it because he's a smuggler....and what do smugglers do they run.

But Luke, who we've see go from farm boy, to Hero, to Padawan, to full fledged Jedi Knight. We've seen his arc and a natural continuation of that arc would be some sort of teacher figure and the best the writers come up with is failed, cynical hermit. Yeah no thank you.
Ben and Yoda failed then ran to build up the next generation.

Luke failed then ran. Gave up but now he sees hope when he should have in the first place. Remains to be seen what he does next.