Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    All the efforts that disgraced the Phoenix saga or any attempts to do branches out of it and failed.
    This. I'd go one step further and completely purge the idea of the Phoenix Force having any other "host," but Jean. Not past. Not present. Not future. No, not even Rachel. And then let's deal with the Dark Phoenix aspect of Jean's nature head on without any ridiculous retcons. Jean was Phoenix. Then she was corrupted by Mastermind with devices provided by the White Queen, before she had matured into her true mantle (which is when she was most vulnerable), thus becoming Dark Phoenix. And because of their tampering, she killed a billion souls and chose to kill that incarnation of herself in order to prevent far greater atrocities. Pick up the story from there. The struggle for redemption.

BANNED

-The Phoenix being an entirely separate thing from Jean

-All the over-the-top "Xavier is a bastard" stuff

- The Braddocks should be an Asian-British family

-the existence 99% of the Wolverine off-shoots

-Retcon Hope NOT being Jean's creation/plan

Astonishing Member

Dialing my back evil Xavier a bit would be good, and fixing bishop

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

All the crap they put on Prof. X. Seriously dude was strict because he was putting children in danger and didn't want to see them killed but writers kept making him more of a opportunist and secretive to the point where he's seen as a villain.

Jean death in Morrison's run. Love the run but Jeans death was unnecessary.

Asian Psylocke. Never knew she was British till I read Claremonts run. I prefer British Psylocke over Asian one. They could've just kept her British and just make her make psychic European swords or something.

Beast being written like he doesnt care about anything but his work.

X-Man being nerfed.

Onslaught.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    -The Phoenix being an entirely separate thing from Jean

-All the over-the-top "Xavier is a bastard" stuff

- The Braddocks should be an Asian-British family

-the existence 99% of the Wolverine off-shoots

-Retcon Hope NOT being Jean's creation/plan

The Braddocks should be what their creator wanted them to be, there is nothing wrong with being a white British family.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw22 View Post
    The Braddocks should be what their creator wanted them to be, there is nothing wrong with being a white British family.
    I agree. Better to just retcon Betsy back into her proper telepathic British aristocrat body with her butterfly tp signature, and revive Kwannon as her own character for the people that really want that 'ninja chick', but this time she can be an authentic Asian(let's go with her original Chinese) Buddhist telekinetic woman, with her own history and relations, so there's no weird appropriation going on. Let Jamie do it; I'm sure he could pull a few strings.

They can even do a trashy love triangle with Warren, and he doesn't know what to do, then PhantomX(Charles Xavier in Fantomex's body) comes in outta nowhere and romances Kwannon away from Warren and Betsy and Warren live happily ever after in Otherworld, free from Apocalypse's taint.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 12-22-2017 at 02:51 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    - Jean’s dead
    - Jean’s alive
    - Jean’s dead
    - Jean’s alive
    - Jean’s dead
    - Jean’s alive

Poor Jean.
    yeeeeeeah, someone have to do something with that

BANNED

Damn, people here reaaaally hate Cassandra Nova and I feel in the minority for liking her. I think she's a villain that should be used for only one story, but it was a good one, so just let it be, I think.

Anyway, there's a lot of stuff that I'd retcon:
    - Scott cheating on Jean. If anything, make the psychic affair with Emma something involuntary for both, like they accidentally drift into each other's wet dreams, I don't really care that much because in comics nearly every explanation flies. If Jean and Scott had to break up, let it happen when both of them realized the marriage was not working anymore and they still loved each other too much to hurt one another. Or simply DON'T mess with their marriage. That's the one thing I still don't like about Morrison's run.
    - Deadly Genesis. Make it so Xavier didn't know Vulcan was a Summers or he wasn't the responsible for erasing memories of him from Cyclops. That was just to put them against each other and was highly unnecessary.
    - BRING BACK CYCLOPS AND BEAST'S FRIENDSHIP, HOLY SHIT. It still pisses me to no end that they never reconciled and the closest thing we had was Beast paying his respects in IvX #1. And then we have young Beast being a sarcastic dick to Tyke in Blue whenever he cans because MUH JEAN.
    - ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING KIERON GILLEN WROTE IN THE X-MEN.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Damn, people here reaaaally hate Cassandra Nova and I feel in the minority for liking her. I think she's a villain that should be used for only one story, but it was a good one, so just let it be, I think.

- Scott cheating on Jean. If anything, make the psychic affair with Emma something involuntary for both, like they accidentally drift into each other's wet dreams, I don't really care that much because in comics nearly every explanation flies. If Jean and Scott had to break up, let it happen when both of them realized the marriage was not working anymore and they still loved each other too much to hurt one another. Or simply DON'T mess with their marriage. That's the one thing I still don't like about Morrison's run.
    - Deadly Genesis. Make it so Xavier didn't know Vulcan was a Summers or he wasn't the responsible for erasing memories of him from Cyclops. That was just to put them against each other and was highly unnecessary.
    - BRING BACK CYCLOPS AND BEAST'S FRIENDSHIP, HOLY SHIT. It still pisses me to no end that they never reconciled and the closest thing we had was Beast paying his respects in IvX #1. And then we have young Beast being a sarcastic dick to Tyke in Blue whenever he cans because MUH JEAN.
    - ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING KIERON GILLEN WROTE IN THE X-MEN.
    I like Cassandra Nova and the Mummudrai concept. Cassandra was very threatening and I don't think she even damaged the X-mythos that badly. She was harmless for the arcs she appeared in. I agree don't bring her back but leave her as is.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING KIERON GILLEN WROTE IN THE X-MEN.
    Given that Gillen's one of my favorite X-Men writers, I struggle to wrap my head around what you could possibly want retconned. Mind giving some examples?
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Fantastic Member

Anything phoenix related after Morrison's run
    Danger
    Sage
    Deadly genesis and anything Vulcan related

I'd like to see Department H/Weapon X mothballed from now on, seems like there's always some "new" refugee or lost experiment who is unleashed, and it's derivative of Wolverine's powers or something similar, there's a clone of X-23 that's out, right? And now we have "Weapon H" the Wolverine-Hulk hybrid soldier, and to me it's kind of gone too far.

I love to hate Cassandra, lol. She is perhaps the top female evil telepath. She is so good at being evil! I love to see other powerful TPs go up against her!

I agree with you on Deadly Genesis too.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 12-22-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    This. I'd go one step further and completely purge the idea of the Phoenix Force having any other "host," but Jean. Not past. Not present. Not future. No, not even Rachel. And then let's deal with the Dark Phoenix aspect of Jean's nature head on without any ridiculous retcons. Jean was Phoenix. Then she was corrupted by Mastermind with devices provided by the White Queen, before she had matured into her true mantle (which is when she was most vulnerable), thus becoming Dark Phoenix. And because of their tampering, she killed a billion souls and chose to kill that incarnation of herself in order to prevent far greater atrocities. Pick up the story from there. The struggle for redemption.
    Won't work. There's no redemption for genocide.

For Jean to be at all viable as a good person and heroic character, she had to be separated in some way from Phoenix and thus absolved of its crimes.