Default MAGE: The Hero Denied

I looked and didn't find a thread for this, so ...

Random thoughts so far:
    -- Nice to see the Umbra Sprite and Grackleflints continue their search for the Fisher King. The latest issue's reference to Emil really brought back some memories.
    -- No offense to Matt, but the one earring thing ... c'mon...
    -- Does anyone know of any comments Matt has ever made about a possible "Mage/Grendel" story? I could die happy seeing that. If the excuse is that Kevin is only effective against magic, I have two possible scenarios - 1) Kevin and Hunter never actually battle head to head. They meet, they talk, there's fighting elsewhere, but they circle each other, with maybe one confrontation where Kevin barely manages to survive, but we get to see him fight a non-magic person to show how tough he actually is and to see him really struggle without his power. Or 2) This is the story where Hunter tried to dabble in magic to empower himself (it's not crazy since his arch-enemy Argent is a magical entity), but somehow runs afoul of Kevin and since Grendel will be imbued with magic, they'd be able to fight - and the end result would be Hunter's decision to forego seeking a magical solution to his rivalry with Argent.
    -- "The Hero Denied" always seemed to portend a downbeat ending to this saga, but it seems that the story begins with him having denied his heroic nature and the results of that. I certainly wish for a happy ending for Kevin and his family, and it seems leaving this all behind will have to be the only way.

Moved this thread to the Image section, since it's being published there now!

Oh, thanks - I hadn't noticed -- duh! :/

I don't think Mage would ever cross over into Grendel, and I don't think it would be a good idea if it did.

I'm looking forward to reading Hero Denied in collected form.