Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default Jason Aaron Explains "Thor's" New, Female God of Thunder

Writer Jason Aaron tells CBR about the mysterious female who will be found worthy to wield mystical hammer Mjolnir and become the new "Thor."

Full article here.

BANNED

so let me get this straight...This New Thor Series Debuts in October but it isn't apart of the october solicits?!....Yeah thanks for making things a lot harder for people who would want to add this to the pull list

I think this sounds really good.
    Aaron seems to know what he's doing with Thor. I've enjoyed his run a lot.

Sounds intriguing , can't wait. Thor: God of Thunder is the best book being published today in my opinion and I expect that quality to stick around with this volume too.
    Far out.

All-New Member

[QUOTE=Kanbe;309865]Sounds intriguing , can't wait. Thor: God of Thunder is the best book being published today in my opinion and I expect that quality to stick around with this volume too.[/QUOT

I agree with him

Sounds sort of like what they did with Black Panther and Shuri. Shuri's still around at least... and hopefully the same will be true for the female Thor. If nothing else, she looks pretty cool.

BANNED

so is there anyway for people to add it to the pull list or pre-order it once august previews hit comic book shops?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    so is there anyway for people to add it to the pull list or pre-order it once august previews hit comic book shops?
    I'm sure it will be on the order form for October. Marvel just held it out of what they release to the news sites so they could announce it separately, which they do all the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
    I'm sure it will be on the order form for October. Marvel just held it out of what they release to the news sites so they could announce it separately, which they do all the time.
    Just gonna be annoyed if when august comes around it's absent from tfaw.com

All-New Member

Was worried Marvel was up to their old gimmicks and temporary shocking sleigh-of-hand phantom maneuvering of the status quo but, Jason Aaron's explanation reveals what seems to be some careful thought put into this. Jason Aaron's run on Thor has been a carefully-constructed and reliable read. So even when Thor Odinson returns with access to Mjolnir by Christmas ( just a guess based on previous Marvel 'this changes everything' bait and switch-backs) it is likely going to be a well-crafted ride.
    Any votes for New Thor (since Aaron all but confirms it is an established character)? The obvious (i.e. Boring) candidates are Angela and Jane Foster. Slightly more interesting would be Rozz the environmental Shield agent or Sif.
    Myself personally, I would like to see Valkyrie, Carol Danvers (probably not going to happen), or even Enchantress. or how about way out-there but wouldn't it kick ass like a five-legged-donkey if it was Abigail Brand or Layla Miller?

Amazing Member

Intriguing. Reading the interview I can see how a new, less experienced Thor will open up a lot of new story avenues for the next volume. Was a bit dubious but Aaron has laid a lot of my concerns to rest. The introduction of political intrigue [especially as the All-Mothers' actions are becoming increasingly dubious in both God of Thunder and Agent of Asgard] is a good idea. Genuinely interested to see where the new volume goes. I'd also, humbly, point out that an interview like this would have gone well on a Marvel press release to give a bit more context to the new Thor book and probably stopped some of the vitriol being slung around yesterday.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrStytch View Post
    I'd also, humbly, point out that an interview like this would have gone well on a Marvel press release to give a bit more context to the new Thor book and probably stopped some of the vitriol being slung around yesterday.
    But then no one would have bothered talking about it. I am more certain than ever now that Marvel intentionally feeds information to the public in a way that incites arguments and even rage.

BANNED

i guess we're gonna have to wait until the end of the month for a solicit description in that case

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    But then no one would have bothered talking about it. I am more certain than ever now that Marvel intentionally feeds information to the public in a way that incites arguments and even rage.
    If people react with rage to the news that a fictional character will be temporary replaced by another version as it's always been the case in 75 years of super heroes stories I would dare to say it's a problem of aforementioned people

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrStytch View Post
    Intriguing. Reading the interview I can see how a new, less experienced Thor will open up a lot of new story avenues for the next volume. Was a bit dubious but Aaron has laid a lot of my concerns to rest. The introduction of political intrigue [especially as the All-Mothers' actions are becoming increasingly dubious in both God of Thunder and Agent of Asgard] is a good idea. Genuinely interested to see where the new volume goes. I'd also, humbly, point out that an interview like this would have gone well on a Marvel press release to give a bit more context to the new Thor book and probably stopped some of the vitriol being slung around yesterday.
    I agree completely.

This interview basically solved my issues with the whole thing. I never really had an issue with the idea. What I didn't like was the bald-faced lying and 'this is permanent' crap that Marvel throws around every time they do this. I'd rather be sold on the story than the gimmick.

Here he fully admits that this is akin to the Beta Ray Bill story where someone else gets the hammer for a while. Which is a fairly straightforward admission it's temporary. And then he proceeds to tease the actual plot instead of just saying "Thor with boobs! Isn't that incredible?"

And the plot sounds pretty good. I may even check it out. Though I'm still curious why her eyes are soulless black pits.