Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If Slott were to leave Amazing Spider-Man, what would we expect to see? My guess is that there would be announced stories that tie up loose ends/ pay off elements that have been set-up in the past, as well as a lack of announced stories that introduce new elements. The current story is a Venom crossover, with Spider-Man's first real encounter with Flash Thompson after he became a superhero. After that, we've got the return of the Zodiac, resolving the time-door loose end. After that, a final confrontation with the Green Goblin. Nothing else has been announced so far. So it certainly seems possible for Slott to be tying up his run.

If so, as far as I'm concerned, he's established a position as one of the best Spider-Man writers.
    Superior Octopus is still out there somewhere, so I dont know if that's going to be resolved before Slott leaves- especially since we have Venom now, then Zodiac then he's bowing out with the Goblin. I dont see much space for Ock to be brought in.

Slott Rules! *fistpump* #billymadsen

BANNED

Ηe MAY be leaving ASM but that doesn't mean heis leaving the Spider-Verse. There are those new Spider-Man title rumours around.

Incredible Member

Want to thank everyone here for the lovely thread.

There'll be more information coming out in the days to come. For the most part, as you'd expect, I've been super-busy with the size and scope of the "Go Down Swinging" story line in ASM #797-#800 (much in the same way that I kind of fell off the map while working on ASM #600's "Last Legs" and ASM #698-#700's "Dying Wish". Big things are a' brewing (and have been for ages). Will let you know stuff when I can-- or (more honestly) when I can eke out some time. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Ηe MAY be leaving ASM but that doesn't mean heis leaving the Spider-Verse. There are those new Spider-Man title rumours around.
    Hopefully he'll stay involved in some Spider related stuff. Despite some lows, his run has been overall quite satisfying. I'd love to see him working in a new Spidey/Human Torch mini or something Spider-Ock related.

BANNED

From Big Time to Big Things.

Just one question, the interconnecting cover is for five issues, but "Go Down Swinging" from what's said here is a four parter...so what's the fifth issue? An extra variant cover? An Omega issue? Or maybe even a tie-in with Renew Your Vows? (not likely with the latter, just throwing it out there)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Just one question, the interconnecting cover is for five issues, but "Go Down Swinging" from what's said here is a four parter...so what's the fifth issue?
    Hmmm.......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dan Slott; 12-20-2017 at 05:43 AM.

Assuming this is Slott's farewell to ASM, as it appears, one question I have is: which obscure/forgotten character will he bring back for his swan song? Dan has an encyclopedic knowledge of Spidey and loves bringing back characters like FACADE and Kangaroo so I have to believe he will squeeze in one or two more players like that in his final act!

Just one question, the interconnecting cover is for five issues, but "Go Down Swinging" from what's said here is a four parter...so what's the fifth issue? An extra variant cover? An Omega issue? Or maybe even a tie-in with Renew Your Vows? (not likely with the latter, just throwing it out there)
    My guess is the fifth cover will be a new #1 as Slott slides over to a new Spidey title and leaves ASM behind for Spencer (or whomever new writer will be).

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    My guess is the fifth cover will be a new #1 as Slott slides over to a new Spidey title and leaves ASM behind for Spencer (or whomever new writer will be).
    It could also be an "Omega" issue as the epilogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post

There'll be more information coming out in the days to come. For the most part, as you'd expect, I've been super-busy with the size and scope of the "Go Down Swinging" story line in ASM #797-#800 (much in the same way that I kind of fell off the map while working on ASM #600's "Last Legs" and ASM #698-#700's "Dying Wish". Big things are a' brewing (and have been for ages). Will let you know stuff when I can-- or (more honestly) when I can eke out some time. Thanks again.
    Thanks for such an Incredible Run. I've enjoyed each issue, especially when it was about the Goblin or Doc Ock and I hope this arc is more a goodbye from you to the title, not a goodbye to the character.

BANNED

Hmmm.......
    The Ren Goblin.

The Ren Goblin.
    The plot twist here is that Stimpy is the Red Goblin.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Interesting wording not confirming if you are done or not lol. Good luck as you consider to work to ASM 800 regardless though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It could also be an "Omega" issue as the epilogue.
    Certainly possible but I think it is much more likely that Slott will be writing a new Spidey title after he wraps up ASM with #800. It helps explains why he/Marvel are being coy with the wording of his "wrapping up" his run and not fully confirming anything----they probably want to announce the new title and creative team together shortly.