Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Here's a thought, what if the fifth part is an issue of Spectacular and Chip Zdarsky finally gets to write MJ like he's wanted?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

While I've been vocal about my feeling that it was time for him to move on, nothing personal against him it's just that I feel that he stayed a little too long but that's just me, I do appreciate a fair amount of Dan's work on the book. Spider-Island remains an enjoyable read to this day for example. If he is moving on, which I won't believe until there's been confirmation, then I wish him well in his future work and look forward to seeing what his replacement has in store for us (at least initially LOL).

Incredible Member

Superior Spider-Man wrangled me back into following comics monthly, at a time I truly needed something to look forward to every few weeks. Thanks Dan. Excited to see what you do next.

Now I’m looking forward to the announcement of a new team on the book. How exciting. My hope is that they write in a way completely different from Dan, but just as bold and daring.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    ....but just as bold and daring.
    That's my hope as well. *crosses fingers & toes*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

If Dan Slott is leaving Amazing Spider-Man, I'm leaving Marvel Comics altogether. That's all I have to say about this.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Want to thank everyone here for the lovely thread.

There'll be more information coming out in the days to come. For the most part, as you'd expect, I've been super-busy with the size and scope of the "Go Down Swinging" story line in ASM #797-#800 (much in the same way that I kind of fell off the map while working on ASM #600's "Last Legs" and ASM #698-#700's "Dying Wish". Big things are a' brewing (and have been for ages). Will let you know stuff when I can-- or (more honestly) when I can eke out some time. Thanks again.
    I'm legit crying. F*** you Marvel Comics. F*** you.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    I'm legit crying. **** you Marvel Comics. **** you.
    Having these moments is an occupational hazard for a fan.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

I am not sure that I want Slott on "Fantastic Four". (I am not against it. But, I am not seeing why everybody is all about this idea.) But, there is no reason to assume that Slott is leaving comics or Marvel. Give it some time, and I am sure that Slott will be on a new series. (I will not complain if it is FF. Just really not seeing the same thing everybody else appears to be.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

Well, everything has it's time. Dan contributed with lots of good stuff to the Spider mythos. He did have some stories which were not good, but overall he was a good writer with good ideas he will be missed.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    I am not sure that I want Slott on "Fantastic Four". (I am not against it. But, I am not seeing why everybody is all about this idea.) But, there is no reason to assume that Slott is leaving comics or Marvel. Give it some time, and I am sure that Slott will be on a new series. (I will not complain if it is FF. Just really not seeing the same thing everybody else appears to be.)
    Slott has used the FF (or specific members of the FF) several times throughout his run on ASM. He also wrote several comics that starred characters with a very strong connection to the FF, such as She-Hulk, The Thing, and Silver Surfer. Combine this with the news that Disney/Marvel would be getting the film rights to the Fantastic Four back, which means that Marvel should no longer be treating the FF as they had been in recent years. Marvel is also lacking in the high profile writer department lately (especially with Bendis jumping ship to DC). And with Slott's higher profile after years on ASM...

Well, Slott + FF is a combination that many thinks makes sense. If it doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen. But it has clearly caught some interest among hardcore comic fans.

Mighty Member

I am hoping to see Hickman on FF. But, admittedly, Slott on FF may be a more realistic prospect.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    From Big Time to Big Things.

Just one question, the interconnecting cover is for five issues, but "Go Down Swinging" from what's said here is a four parter...so what's the fifth issue? An extra variant cover? An Omega issue? Or maybe even a tie-in with Renew Your Vows? (not likely with the latter, just throwing it out there)
    Interesting catch.

Could also be a first issue of a spinoff/ whatever Slott's doing next. Or maybe 801's an epilogue, and 802 kicks off a new direction. Or if Slott's leaving, the cover for 801 is included to give some continuity with the next writer.

Random Guess- It's a one-off about Spider-Man chasing Screwball through the streets of New York, that Slott had said he wanted to do, if he could only get Marcos Martin on board (the story would double as one large panel if I recall the interview.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Well, just wanted to add my two cents to the conversation. If this is Mr. Slott's end on Amazing Spider-Man series, all I can say is thank you for an excellent run of stories. Trust me, I somewhat smile as I type those words since 9 years ago, I was a vehement, white knuckle, grit your teeth, pissed off anti-OMD/BND'er. I hated how my favorite character (and by cathartic extension myself) lost this symbol of happiness. I hated how nonchalantly Peter wasn't going to correct this mistake. And I hated, HATED reading Dan's interviews on CBR about how passionate and enthusiastic he was about writing Spider-Man. How could you be happy Dan while I was hurt?

However, one of the things that I'll always appreciate is that Dan listens. And I think he listened to me. Indeed, I remember writing a post asking if Dan could do a Spider-Man story in the same vein as a Superman's "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?", a story where Peter and MJ regained their memories for one day and had a proper goodbye to their marriage. Low and behold a couple of years later we had Renew Your Vows, which ultimately brought back to Spider-Man.

Thus, today, I'm proud to say that I have a huge collection of Dan's Spider-Man runs on my Comixology, both in TPB's and single issues. Now, I'll be the first to say that the stories do have some flaws. Overall, however, I dig what I'm reading. In the midst of comics becoming overly complicated, Dan writes in what I like to call "new old school." His Spider-Man seems like a really well done Saturday morning cartoon, where heroes are heroes, villains are villains, and the plots and characters, though having big splashes of sophistication, still revel in being as comic booky and superhero-y as possible . And that is a good thing.

In any case, Dan, all I can say is that it's been a crazy nearly 10 year ride reading your Spider-Man stories. Definitely wishing you the best and looking forward to what you have in store next!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Want to thank everyone here for the lovely thread.

There'll be more information coming out in the days to come. For the most part, as you'd expect, I've been super-busy with the size and scope of the "Go Down Swinging" story line in ASM #797-#800 (much in the same way that I kind of fell off the map while working on ASM #600's "Last Legs" and ASM #698-#700's "Dying Wish". Big things are a' brewing (and have been for ages). Will let you know stuff when I can-- or (more honestly) when I can eke out some time. Thanks again.
    I'm still pissed at how you ruined Parker Industries at the end, but I've got to say your run has overall been one of the best Spider-Man runs ever (probably only under Stan Lee) and I'm glad you got to stay on so long. Congratulations, and I wish you the best in whatever else you move onto in your career. Whatever happens next for Spidey, I hope the developments you've shepherded aren't forgotten for a long while.

Astonishing Member

Assuming the news are real,it is disapointing to know that Dan Slott will not write Amazing Spider-Man post issue #800.
    He always wrote great Spider-Man stories.