Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    What the Dazzler scene reminded me of:

Not good.
    don't get your point. but this is what woman do...))

So, it looks like the will was just delivered to She-Hulk. I wonder who had it and why they waited to send it to her?
    A house is not a home without books or cats.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    At least you're still commenting though!
    Obviously, how else could I vent my frustration with the current X-books? <3

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatBastet View Post
    So, it looks like the will was just delivered to She-Hulk. I wonder who had it and why they waited to send it to her?
    Xavier's wills and estates attorney had it, naturally, and was probably instructed to wait a period.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    LMAO at Emma/Illyana all of a sudden picking up on the mock-not-actually-a-harem vibe.
    Stop Dazzler before she cuts her hair, and make the Cuckoos wash the dye on theirs, and Namor will join the team for sure; he won't be able to resist the pull of six blond super-heroines (and if he can resist, make each of the girls wear one of Sue's old uniforms, and he will fall).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Xavier's wills and estates attorney had it, naturally, and was probably instructed to wait a period.
    Given Death needs to install a turnstyle probably a wise precaution. I mean how embarrassing would it be to return from the dead after a month or two and all your stuff has been given away?

Didn't Xavier have a will at the beginning of New Avengers?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Given Death needs to install a turnstyle probably a wise precaution. I mean how embarrassing would it be to return from the dead after a month or two and all your stuff has been given away?
    Not any more embarrassing than being a clone.

I thought this was a very solid issue, although it did stall at times. So many lingering plots were addressed in the previous issue. This issue is kind of like an entirely new act of sorts. The aftermath of the previous act is still being felt and entirely new stories are emerging. By and large, I think a solid balance was achieved in developing new plots while still addressing old ones. I get the feeling that Dazzler is going to be the driving force for the foreseeable future. She has kind of done a 180. After Xtreme X-men, she was so much stronger and so emboldened. Now, after a traumatic experience with Mystique, she's a complete wreck and basically has to rebuild herself again. And she has to do it in the midst of Xavier's will being revealed. I'm not sure how one will end up affecting the other, but I hope it does. One of Uncanny's problems in the past is that it has so many different side-plots that don't link up very well.

As for the will itself, I felt it was kind of a letdown in that we didn't get any major revelations. The issue was mainly a setup issue to get all the X-men in one place so that the will could be read. I don't mind taking the time to address the legal ramifications that come along with a will. That kind of detail is usually glossed over way too easily in comics. But it ended too abruptly. Even so, the promise of major revelations is still there so I'm not going to call it a complete disappointment. It just mean the wait is going to be longer and I'm willing to wait if the story is good.

This issue had the potential to be great, but it just didn't move fast enough. Everything was still nicely done in terms of characterization. I like how the Tempus/Cyclops scene was handled. And I like that Hijack is getting another chance. I hope at some point we find out what happened to Tempus. For now, I'm just going to wait patiently to see what's in that will. I did a full review of this issue. If it's okay with the mods, here's a link:

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

All-New Member

it was a decent issue but as always with bendis it feels very slow. the bit about eva aging is the most interesting.

does any one know if magneto is staying in this book?

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Entrusting it in the hands of someone so uninvested and near disbarment that she has her paralegals draft full briefs and craft strategy.

Spectacular Member

Even though I'm STILL dreading the incoming Dazz image change, I quite liked this issue. The past 2 issues (aside from the Dark Beast reveal) have been pretty good. Dazzler becoming unhinged was nice (again, upcoming fashion & hair-don't notwithstanding), Hijack is back in the fold & Magneto is still non-committal. I'm kind've over the JGS X-Men being so petty -- although it is in keeping with all their other appearances. Everyone's semi-random angriness at Scott is really a running gag. This new guy having red hair (& seemingly some association with Xavier) has me fearing a Jean Grey connection (for the love of God, no!). This is also Bendis's 2nd mutant from South Carolina to have fatal powers -- anyone remember that stand-alone Ultimate X-Men story?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I thought this was a very solid issue, although it did stall at times. So many lingering plots were addressed in the previous issue. This issue is kind of like an entirely new act of sorts. The aftermath of the previous act is still being felt and entirely new stories are emerging. By and large, I think a solid balance was achieved in developing new plots while still addressing old ones. I get the feeling that Dazzler is going to be the driving force for the foreseeable rupture. She has kind of done a 180. After Xtreme X-men, she was so much stronger and so emboldened. Now, after a traumatic experience with Mystique, she's a complete wreck and basically has to rebuild herself again. And she has to do it in the midst of Xavier's will being revealed. I'm not sure how one will end up affecting the other, but I hope it does. One of Uncanny's problems in the past is that it has so many different side-plots that don't link up very well.

As for the will itself, I felt it was kind of a letdown in that we didn't get any major revelations. The issue was mainly a setup issue to get all the X-men in one place so that the will could be read. I don't mind taking the time to address the legal ramifications that come along with a will. That kind of detail is usually glossed over way too easily in comics. But it ended too abruptly. Even so, the promise of major revelations is still there so I'm not going to call it a complete disappointment. It just mean the wait is going to be longer and I'm willing to wait if the story is good.

This issue had the potential to be great, but it just didn't move fast enough. Everything was still nicely done in terms of characterization. I like how the Tempus/Cyclops scene was handled. And I like that Hijack is getting another chance. I hope at some point we find out what happened to Tempus. For now, I'm just going to wait patiently to see what's in that will. I did a full review of this issue. If it's okay with the mods, here's a link:

Dude, your recaps/summaries are always on point.

Good work!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    Even though I'm STILL dreading the incoming Dazz image change, I quite liked this issue. The past 2 issues (aside from the Dark Beast reveal) have been pretty good. Dazzler becoming unhinged was nice (again, upcoming fashion & hair-don't notwithstanding), Hijack is back in the fold & Magneto is still non-committal. I'm kind've over the JGS X-Men being so petty -- although it is in keeping with all their other appearances. Everyone's semi-random angriness at Scott is really a running gag. This new guy having red hair (& seemingly some association with Xavier) has me fearing a Jean Grey connection (for the love of God, no!). This is also Bendis's 2nd mutant from South Carolina to have fatal powers -- anyone remember that stand-alone Ultimate X-Men story?
    Bendis did mention Xavier's crush on Jean in the same paragraph as Xavier using his telepathy to "flip a switch" to make things happen...

Astonishing Member

Xavier's son to a mindwiped Jean

I wouldn't be surprised if Bendis wrote some off-panel action going on between those two and had Xavier revealed it in his will.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Sounds like a classic Bendis first arc issue. Nothing happens and it ends with what we already knew was happening. Glad I dropped this series.
    At least you're still commenting though!
    It's difficult to go cold turkey on a series, and character(s), you've been collecting for as long as you can remember. I stayed with All New X-Men/Uncanny X-Men until the end of Battle of the Atom and dropped it like a hot potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Obviously, how else could I vent my frustration with the current X-books? <3
    Bendis X-books became stale and decompressed rather quickly for me but Amazing X-Men and X-Force are very good books. I've also collected, but haven't read yet, Magneto and Cyclops and hear some pretty good things about them. I haven't heard anything about Wolverine and the X-Men, gave that up after Jason Aaron butchered Wolverine for me, but I may get the back issues since I saw Cyclops on one of the covers.