Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm not sure why a Worldkiller, a weapon that was created by Kryptonians. Thought that throwing a Kryptonian into a yellow sun would be a good idea. As much as he claimed he'd been watching Kara and knew that she was the perfect host he apparently didn't bother researching any of her basic biological functions.

I'll miss Red Lantern Kara but we'll see if they'll finally move past her being angry at everything or if this is just the start of a new chapter of things for her to get mad about.

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    The amount of talent on these books right now is immense. Bedard is the weakest writer but he's still good given the right story (his previous 3-issue Supergirl run was pretty good) and all the artists are very good to great - Romita, Lupacchino, Kuder, Daniel, etc. But this means nothing if the story directions aren't interesting. I was hoping, given the big announcements out of the Bat-office last week, that the Superman books would announce some new and interesting storylines for October and make a big noise about it, especially Action/SMWW/Supergirl which will be out of Doomed by then. But no, the whole Superman line was silent before solicits came out aside from one interview with Bedard about the Supergirl Futures End issue. And the solicits show smegging Doomed aftermath issues! It's probably only a subtitle and a bit of trade dress, but it doesn't show much of a move forward. Nothing to get excited about at all - at least JL United gives us Supergirl in prime position on the Annual cover.
    Yeah, the solicits were underwhelming. Even more so comparing them to the new directions on Batman. Hell, October's shaping to be a pretty big month in the DCU altogether, which makes it doubly irritating that the Superman line, at least in terms of advertising, is so vanilla that month. Like you, loving the overall talent on the line, but losing faith in the editor. Doomed is already proving to have been planned a month longer than necessary (after a really strong start, this month has sputtered), so while like you said I'm sure the aftermath solicits are more window dressing than anything else, doesn't seem like the smartest route to go to advertise your line that month.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-17-2014 at 12:10 PM.