Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I wish that was true, but I'm skeptical. They gave her own team, yeah, but it's mostly C-lists and it doesn't feel like she's gonna really impact the whole line as she should.
    I agree, not because I don't like jean, I do like her. But because her return should be a miniseries followed by a big event centered around her that encompasses her whole line. Kind of like Hal Jordan return with Green lantern rebirth - > Siniestro Corps war - > blackest night - > Brightest day and that along brought back the whole green lantern corps, created new corps, new villains and despite Hal being the greatest green lantern there's room for all other lanterns, new villains and it all happened in its corner of the DC universe

She isn't getting any of that
    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    X-Men: Red: The Search for Scott
    Shut your mouth, he deserves his own event not an arc in Jean's solo book

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    The team is actually comprised mostly of A-List characters, I don't know why everyone keeps saying that it's C-Listers? There's one c-list character, one b-lister, and a new character. The rest are all A-List.
    Only Jean is A list, Laura is B list because she needs the wolverine name. Also we're about to see if Jean truly has selling power
    Last edited by wano; 12-20-2017 at 02:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Uh. No. The story of the X-Men is too discuss social issues dealing around black people, LGBT+ people, anyone is a physical, mental, or emotional disability without directly saying so.

So, yeah Scott is important to the overall mythos but he is definitely not the conceptuality of the team.
    Yes, I agree. And yet, Scott is the main character. All the narrative is born and advances mainly with him. Love him or hate him, that's the truth.

There's also that Scott has been dead for over a year now and the books are still chugging along... and his teenage self isn't all THAT important.
    yeah, maybe that's why the current books are selling like hotcakes. Oops...

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Uh. No. The story of the X-Men is too discuss social issues dealing around black people, LGBT+ people, anyone is a physical, mental, or emotional disability without directly saying so.

So, yeah Scott is important to the overall mythos but he is definitely not the conceptuality of the team.
    X-Men is about social issues and civil rights, but let's not be naive. Scott is the X-Man. it's his story. No one else even comes close to being Mr. or Mrs. X-Man

BANNED

Fellow Cyke fans I agree about Cyke being on of the most important X men but if the movies have taught us anything is that he's as important as the team around him

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Only Jean is A list, Laura is B list because she needs the wolverine name. Also we're about to see if Jean truly has selling power
    Laura aside... Nightcrawler? Gambit? Namor????
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Laura aside... Nightcrawler? Gambit? Namor????
    B list, sorry

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I love scott. for me he is an essential part of the x-men but he is not the center. there isn't a center not jean, cyclops or wolverine are the center. they are all parts of the same structure

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

For goodness sake, does everything have to be identity based? Who cares. This is X-Men. There has never been an all men book that I can remember but we've had all women casts at least twice (or majority women I should say). And if the cast is 50/50 the women quite often took center stage especially under Claremont. It's not a big deal. Don't make it a big deal.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

This book has to condense a crapload of material, most of which does not feature women. This story has Moira, Gabrielle Haller, Storm, and Jean Grey with their relevant roles, but the focus is on the O-5, Professor Xavier, and Magneto. They're clearly building a bigger role for Marvel Girl going forward.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    B list, sorry
    I don't think you know what a-list and b-list means.

Even Laura is a-list after Logan, frankly.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Geez. What’s with all the women hating Cyclops fans? This isn’t 4chan dudes, take your ignorance and questionable taste elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    There are really only a handful of characters you can compare to Scott in this retrospect. He is the the linchpin of the x-men, those women you mentioned are irrelevant when put next to him. There is no sexism in that.
    I wouldn't say he is the lynchpin except for perhaps the O5 era (and even then he's sharing that with Jean). The 'missing women' for the most part seem to be the retconned shoehorn type (<cough> Sage! <cough>) but Jean's early story should be as important as Scott's.

Xavier's early relationships outside of Moira didn't seem to affect his characterization much, even if someone else was the mother of Legion (whose mother seems to be along the lines of Scott's mother and Bruce Wayne's parents).
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 12-20-2017 at 04:59 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Geez. What’s with all the women hating Cyclops fans? This isn’t 4chan dudes, take your ignorance and questionable taste elsewhere.
    Hell yeah, why would women hate cyclops fans? what had they ever done to you?

I care more about the art than the story; to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I wouldn't say he is the lynchpin except for perhaps the O5 era (and even then he's sharing that with Jean). The 'missing women' for the most part seem to be the retconned shoehorn type (<cough> Sage! <cough>) but Jean's early story should be as important as Scott's.
    do you really want to read about Xavier perving on kid Jean? because that's her part in the story. Xavier was grooming her.