Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

I'd launch an All-Robins book; make Dick, Jason, Damian, and Steph a permanent team. The first issue they can celebrate Tim's Funeral.

A Flashpoint Bat-Universe book would be cool; I'd love to see Dick's adventures as Dr. Fate.

A Bat-Horror book, something like Batman Gothic, especially drawn by Klaus Jansen, rotating characters in the Family.

Bat-Pets. Ace, Titus, Bat-Cow, Alfred the Cat, Bat-Turkey. Fun stuff, like Lil' Gotham.

Ongoing Clayface title. Man-Bat joins Detective team.

My first title and story…

Batman Family - After surviving the assault on the Bat allies by the Order of Echoes*, Batman and Catwoman settle down to enjoy married bliss - and the joys of parenthood. Is Wayne Manor big enough for Bruce, Selina, Damian, and the return of Cass Cain as Black Bat - especially when Harper Row (Bluebird) comes to Bruce looking for a place to live with her brother Cullen in tow? Only Alfred, Ace, and Isis, Catwoman’s cat, know what’s in the cards for them when a certain wrongful royal family returns to terrorize Gotham.

*Order of Echoes is an event I’d have to reshuffle and relaunch the Batbooks to a new status quo.

My second title and its first story…

Nightwing & Flamebird - After the chaos caused by the Order or Echoes* and their disagreements with Batman and Batwoman, Gotham has a new dynamic duo on the scene: Nightwing and Flamebird (Buh-bye Hawkfire.) As new roommates in Gotham’s exclusive, luxury Excalibur building, can Dick Grayson and Bette Kane stop Gotham’s wealthy, young elite from their newest dangerous craze - “Batfishing” Gotham’s villains - especially after it causes a meet-cute between Mr. Zsasz and Jane Doe? Get your escrima sticks and electro-bolas ready for “Wards and Heirs.”

*Order of Echoes is an event I’d have to reshuffle and relaunch the Batbooks to a new status quo.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

Batman Family - After surviving the assault on the Bat allies by the Order of Echoes*, Batman and Catwoman settle down to enjoy married bliss - and the joys of parenthood. Is Wayne Manor big enough for Bruce, Selina, Damian, and the return of Cass Cain as Black Bat - especially when Harper Row (Bluebird) comes to Bruce looking for a place to live with her brother Cullen in tow? Only Alfred, Ace, and Isis, Catwoman’s cat, know what’s in the cards for them when a certain wrongful royal family returns to terrorize Gotham.

I love both of these ideas (this and the "Nightwing & Flamebird")!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

I love this idea! A book following the Batfamily in Wayne manor would be awesome!

So many good ideas here!

And so many that seem to be no brainers.

How hard would it be to get Selina, Ivy and Harley back in a book?

Or to launch an all Robin book with crazy adventures and drama?

Batman
    'Tec
    Nightwing
    Red Robin/Spoiler
    Batgirl
    BoP and I'd add Cass.
    Red Hood

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Bruce would only star in Batman and Detective Comics, and would guest star occassionally in the others but wouldn't be a frequent presence as he already gets a lot of page time. Ditto the rest of the Bat-Family coming into these books, and even then I'd probably keep it to just the ones he's consistently closest to (Dick, Babs, Damian, maybe Jason, etc.). I'd leave King alone on Batman.

Nightwing: ditch Bludhaven and lean more towards the type of stories told in Grayson, the Grayson-like arcs in Nightwing or Morrison's Batman. Make it fun, colorful, sexy and weird. Don't ever pin him down to one city, and don't be afraid to bring in some Titans elements (sparingly).
    Batgirl: Ditch the Burnside crap and utilize Babs's connection to the GCPD. I would make it a "sequel" of sorts to Gotham Central, maybe even getting Rucka and Brubaker back to write it, but with a central protagonist who is a vigilante and how that puts her at odds with her father's work and the various relationships she'd have (in and out of costume) with the police working for him.
    Batwoman: Even though I'm liking Bennett, get Rucka and the supernatural elements back in the book. And pretend everything with her father being related to Martha Wayne and the Colony was a bad dream.

Even if I don't care for them, a team book with the rest of the Bat-Family like the current Detective Comics (resurrect the Bat-Family title from the 70s and leave the book to them without Bruce, and let him have DC) and Red Hood would stay as there is clearly an interest.

1. Batman: Can't possibly do better than King is now. As is.
    2. Detective: Tynion doing what he's doing. I also wanted a Batman Family title because I'm nostalgic for that old series but this is essentially Batman Family already.
    3. Batman and Robin: I had a hard time deciding what to name this. Originally I was calling it Robins but I think Batman and Robin works equally well. This book would focus on all the Robins and what it means to be a Robin and the rich history of the various Robins, and would possibly be narrated by a future, old and retired version of Dick, Jason, or Tim. Or maybe even old/retired Stephanie Brown or Carrie Kelley. I feel like it would be good if this book had a strong, in-character, narrative voice that sort of told "the secret history of the Robins"
    4. Brave and the Bold: the original Batman team-up book - my favorite option for Bendis would be to do this and a Superman team-up title (a la DC Comics Presents), and perhaps a WW team-up book perhaps called Sensation Comics. It would allow Bendis to play with the entire DCU but in a way that doesn't take anything away from the other books
    5. Nightwing and the Outsiders: For whatever reason I've rarely enjoyed Nightwing comics though Dick Grayson may be my favorite character. He seems to thrive in team books though and I'd love to see him head up a black-ops team with a colorful cast of heroes. If I had more time I'd really enjoy building the roster. I see strange characters like Metamorpho and Deadman and Element Woman.... All sort of misfits led by Dick Grayson as Nightwing. I would much rather read a book like this than any of the solo Nightwing books I've read in the past.
    6. World's Finest: a Superman, Batman, Robin book as the classic version was but all untold stories from the past when Dick was Robin. My dream writer for this would be Brad Meltzer.
    7. The Huntress: A displaced Helena Wayne trying to figure out where she came from (the JSA's Earth-Two of course) and how to get home. Possibly featuring Earth-Two Richard Grayson Robin, all grown up, eventually. And possibly the full "Super Squad" of Huntress, Robin, Power Girl, and Star-Spangled Kid eventually become involved. And of course Helena would probably try really hard to hide from Batman and Catwoman of prime earth but would be discovered by them. Is Alan Brennert still willing to write comics? If so, he'd be my top choice.
    8. Lois Lane and Catwoman: Obviously inspired by the inspirational Batman 37. I see this as a 6-12 issue mini/maxi-series. Can I be greedy enough to ask for a second Tom King Bat-book? If not, just someone that excels with character work as King does.

[Edited for Honorable Mention: Cassandra Cain Batgirl as written by our own Assam. Assam is a writer and I would love to see what they did with their favorite character.]
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 12-22-2017 at 05:36 PM.

My third title and first story.

American Gotham - Daytime pundits and nighttime pugilists, Jack Ryder and Lia Briggs’s talkshow, American Gotham, goes national this Fall. Hoping to score high ratings with audiences and low ratings with criminals, can the Creeper and Looker also protect Gotham from a much whispered about group called the Shadowseekers and the so-called mystical mystery woman leading them? First stop is a visit to Shadowcrest on the outskirts of Gotham to convene with Zatanna before prepping for tomorrow’s interview with Lex Luthor.

Batman - primary vehicle for Batman's solo adventures with only Alfred, Lucius Fox, Commissioner Gordon, and Catwoman as the regular support cast with the other Bat-Family moving in and out.
    Detective Comics - Each story arch features a grouping of the Bat-Family with occasional outside guests. Focusing primarily on mystery stories. Do at least 1 arc a year that has all four Robins in it.
    Nightwing - Dick Grayson's solo title set in Bludhaven, with a recurring cast that consists of the best supporting characters from previous runs like the Skull Girls, Tiger, Midnighter, Svobada, Clancy, etc. and guest appearances by Barbara, Damien, and Tim.
    Red Robin - Give Tim his own city and his own supporting cast including Spoiler. Perhaps move them to the West Coast in a Silicon Valley knock-off and have him dealing with both street-level crime as well as cyber espionage.
    Red Hood and the Outlaws - More of a similar tone to the original New 52 outlaws, but go with more of a group overall that is morally ambiguous like some of the Wildstorm characters. Perhaps have Jason trying to reform to an extent characters like Frostbite, Sublime, Copycat, Evo, or Powerhaus from the old DV8 title.
    Batgirl - have the character start acting more her age as a early to mid-twenty-something rather than acting like the way a 15 yo perceives someone like that would act. In addition to her friends she has as Barbara have Cassie Cain, Harper Row, and Duke Thomas pop in and out both in and out of costume as well as occasional have members of the Birds of Prey show up as well as once in a while Red Robin, Spoiler, and Nightwing.
    Batwoman - Continue with the current angle of having Batwoman operate internationally with periodic visits back to Gotham. Grow her support team and perhaps have the Skullgirls from Nightwing pop in and out as well as Flamebird/Hawkfire.
    Batman and Robin - This is Damian's home book. Alternate the story arc. Have one with it being Bruce and Damian, then one with Damian solo or being supported by other minor members of the family like Duke Thomas, Harper Row, Cassie Cain, or other minor characters with guest appearances by the other Robins.
    Birds of Prey - Revolves around the trio of Batgirl, Black Canary, and Huntress, but with guest appearances by all the other female members of the family.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Nightwing and the Outsiders: For whatever reason I've rarely enjoyed Nightwing comics though Dick Grayson may be my favorite character. He seems to thrive in team books though and I'd love to see him head up a black-ops team with a colorful cast of heroes.
    I think allready said it a few times, IMO neither Nightwing nor the Outsiders, are characters that really really fit well for "black-ops" (with a few exceptions when it comes to the outsiders). Dick is imo more hero that like to work in public and inspire people than one who likes to work from the shadows. Red Hood and the Outlaws are a much better fit for this genre than Nightwing and the Outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    The Huntress: A displaced Helena Wayne trying to figure out where she came from (the JSA's Earth-Two of course) and how to get home.
    hat was allready done in the New 52 " World's Finest" series, seems a little to early to do that again.

Extraordinary Member

Things that I would like to add:

- A book for smaller "detective" Stories and other more "unique" stories (one shots) and maybe not allways set at the current point of the time line (a little bit like Legends of the Dark Knight)
    - A Batfamily book for the core Batfamily (mainly Robins and Batgirls)
    - A Red Hood Solo (since he is the only core member who never got one, and I think the character could really use a few good solo cases)

I also would also think about to (probably only temporary) put Flamebird for Black Canary in Birds of Prey. To have the three first Batgirls in one book (and of course have a cross over with Nightwing ). (Alternatively I still like the idea of a Batgirl team like in Futures End)

BANNED

I'm just going to stick with simply "books written by Ed Brubaker that do not cross over with absolutely anything, unless he really wants them to".

I'd do a Batman Who Laughs and Harley Quinn book.

It'd have those two just battling their enemies together, causing chaos, and of course the dynamic between Harley Quinn and a Batman who is Jokerized.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.