Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member The Mary Janes's Avatar

The biggest disrespect from this pairing is that Marvel had the audacity to claim their wedding was the biggest of the century.
    Patiently waiting for X-Books to be rebooted later this year

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    My biggest issue with the Kitty and Pitor pairing itself also has less to with the uncomfortable age gap in the past and more to do with that it just feels like the past. As people they just don’t really gel imo, and didn’t under Whedon or Fraction/Gillen either. There’s sort of nothing there other than the original teen crush, Pitor doesn’t challenge Kitty like she needs, Kitty doesn’t support Pitor like he needs. It’s just an awkward, flat and frankly boring pairing that doesn’t really make sense anymore, and didn’t make much in the first place either.
    Totally agree.

It wasn't even that creepy back when it initially started in my opinion as Kitty was written as being more mature than her age while Colossus was written as being less mature. But regardless, it''s been done more than once now and they are not suited at all, beyond it being a fling. It was what annoyed me the most about Whedon's run (which I otherwise mostly enjoyed), how he tried to bring it back. The real problem is the significant difference in their backgrounds and intelligence levels. I mean seriously, what are they going to talk about?

Haven't most Marvel weddings been failures? Maybe they should give up on the whole thing and just tell interesting stories instead.

Spectacular Member The Mary Janes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post

Haven't most Marvel weddings been failures? Maybe they should give up on the whole thing and just tell interesting stories instead.
    Well, there was this ONE wedding and pairing that was perfect, but the devil happened, so...
    Patiently waiting for X-Books to be rebooted later this year

Honestly I can't judge the relationship to harshly because it was written about 35 years ago and while the idea of man Piotr's age dating a girl as young as Kitty disgust me but I can't judge a story from then with my modern sensibilities and morality. It was a different time Indiana Jones was almost a pedophile http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...A-Sex-Offender & even in the end had a questionable relationship with Marion by today's standards.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 06-09-2018 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Kitty was the one making the moves, and Colossus never had sex with her and dumped her after Secret Wars.
    All the other XMen (Storm, Wolverine, Kurt etc) were absolutely fine with the situation, and when Colossus broke up with Kitty, Wolverine got so mad (because Peter hurt the feelings of Kitty) that he made the Juggernaut beat the crap out of Colossus in a bar.

This relationship is bad, but not because of stuff that happened in the 80s. AoA Colossus accidentally stomping his wife to death (proving he loves Muh Snowflake Illyana much more than Kitty), and 616 one getting all jealous and brutalizing Pete Wisdom, or the modern terrible writing of Kitty Pryde with Bendis and Guggenheim are bigger reasons for this relationship being a bad idea.
    Most Colossus fans probably prefered him with Domino.
    ??????
    Kitty made some moves because she's a prepubescent kid, not even a teen yet, and had a massive crush while not knowing how to properly handle that. The fact that Piotr, who was nearly an adult, decided to pursue her and accept her advances is weird as hell. And who the hell cares if they had sex or not? Is that where the line is for y'all? Just because they didn't have sex, it isn't pedophilic or predatory?

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    ??????
    Kitty made some moves because she's a prepubescent kid, not even a teen yet, and had a massive crush while not knowing how to properly handle that. The fact that Piotr, who was nearly an adult, decided to pursue her and accept her advances is weird as hell. And who the hell cares if they had sex or not? Is that where the line is for y'all? Just because they didn't have sex, it isn't pedophilic or predatory?
    Good question.

Personally I do not remember Colossus repaying Kitty's affection but he did not make much effort to push her away either. In this kind of situation do not blame him since he did not do anything illegal although it is perhaps morally condemnable. Kitty was not exactly an angel either and though it was pure love she understood what kind of situation she put Colossus in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Honestly I can't judge the relationship to harshly because it was written about 35 years ago and while the idea of man Piotr's age dating a girl as young as Kitty disgust me but I can't judge a story from then with my modern sensibilities and morality. It was a different time Indiana Jones was almost a pedophile http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...A-Sex-Offender & even in the end had a questionable relationship with Marion by today's standards.
    “It was a different time” is such a bullshit argument considering the editor in chief himself in that very time had to mandate the couple broken up because of the age difference.

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    I guess I’m the only one who thinks Colossus and Deadpool should be a couple and Kitty should’ve stayed with Starlord
    I am ok with this

Mighty Member

Starlord was the only Kitty pairing worse than Colossus.
    I liked her and pete wisdom.> Reading that as a kid I thought she was early 20s and he was mid 30s so I didnt see the issue. She should revisit that relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Good question.

Personally I do not remember Colossus repaying Kitty's affection but he did not make much effort to push her away either. In this kind of situation do not blame him since he did not do anything illegal although it is perhaps morally condemnable. Kitty was not exactly an angel either and though it was pure love she understood what kind of situation she put Colossus in.
    You don't remember Colossus repaying Kitty's affection? They made out on more than one occasion. They dated for awhile. He clearly was attracted to her. And I will blame him, because any 18-year old should have enough damn sense not to return the feelings of a child.

And you do realize you're saying that a 13-YEAR OLD child is responsible for what Piotr was doing?

BANNED

Colossus wanted to marry Kitty and move to a Russian farm lol. And he was jealous that Kitty hung out with Doug.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Shadowcat & Colossus fit imo. Guess others feel different
    Generally, I agree, but by the time this story started, even as a Kitty fan I stopped caring about this ship.

Sorry for whatever happened to Ellie H, but I know half a dozen people with the opposite stories.

Starlord was the only Kitty pairing worse than Colossus.
    Nah.
    Wisdom.
    Bobby.
    Seth.
    Anybody else.
    All worse.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 06-09-2018 at 01:34 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    “It was a different time” is such a bullshit argument considering the editor in chief himself in that very time had to mandate the couple broken up because of the age difference.
    Yea the “different time” mindset explains how Roy Moore almost got elected tho the Alabama senate this year.... I guess a lot of people share that view.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Maybe it's my imagination but Kitty seemed older than 13 when her flirtation started. Maybe it was the artist's depiction though, she certainly didn't look 13 in the comic. Characters were aging faster back then no?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    As they say now the X-Men's editor was Woke but it wasn't the issue it is today heck only 24 years ago when I started High School the first day was only mandatory for Freshman because it was orientation so we could learn the layout of the school. My homeroom teacher explained why no upper classmates were there and then added except some older boys some seniors who were between 17 and 18 years old and they were there by choice to checkout the Freshmen girls who were 13/14 years old. I'm not going to judge a storyline written when most of society had no issue with it the same way I would if it was written today.