Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

If you look at pure ages then it wasn't a good look at all.

If you read the comics at the time you realise that Kitty was a very unrealistic character. No 13 year-old in real life was anything like her. And also, Colossus was written, imo, very immature for his age. So, it didn't "seem" weird, if you just read the comics and didn't pay attention to the characters ages. That doesn't mean it was a good idea at the time and Shooter was right to break it up. If she had been your typical 13 yo, then it would have seemed weird and wrong. Claremont should have just made her 16 yo initially and it wouldn't have been an issue.

After breaking up they should have just remained friends, because they aren't suited at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    As they say now the X-Men's editor was Woke but it wasn't the issue it is today heck only 24 years ago when I started High School the first day was only mandatory for Freshman because it was orientation so we could learn the layout of the school. My homeroom teacher explained why no upper classmates were there and then added except some older boys some seniors who were between 17 and 18 years old and they were there by choice to checkout the Freshmen girls who were 13/14 years old. I'm not going to judge a storyline written when most of society had no issue with it the same way I would if it was written today.
    The thing is that by constantly revisiting the relationship and by glorifying its past, its problematic existence effectively is written today. Guggs went out of his way to have Colossus state that she was too young but went in on her anyway.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

They are problematic but not bc of their age. A 14 year old dating an 18 year old is not the same as a 24 year old with a 28 year old
    I think freshmen dating seniors is one of those things that happens and there is undermost circumstances very little wrong with it, which is why we put them in school together, and the reason romeo and juliet laws exist. That
    part is blown out of proportion far too often in these comics. Considering that plus its as you said way later in their lives.

That being said... Piotr was really much better off with domino in my opinion seems like a perfect yin-yang style fit to me.
    This is retrograde, because Kitty and peter should have resolved this long ago and now it feels too late and forced, but the problematic in the letter is someone who has negative unsresolved issues with a past love, not these characters.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Amazing Member

It's interesting how it all contrasts with another "weird relationship" of roughly the same time, that of Carol Danvers and her "child" (can't remember his name), that Shooter judged to be OK, but Claremont read as rape. It's not like Shooter had a perfect track record when it came to women at the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    It's interesting how it all contrasts with another "weird relationship" of roughly the same time, that of Carol Danvers and her "child" (can't remember his name), that Shooter judged to be OK, but Claremont read as rape. It's not like Shooter had a perfect track record when it came to women at the time.
    Shooter has admitted the Marcus storyline was horrific and has apologized for it multiple times. Claremont still gets very defensive when you attack Kitty/Colossus. And his current position is that the love of Kitty's life is some 30+ year old guy that Kitty fell in love with... when she was 16.

(Yet Claremont also went out of his way to nix her relationship with Pete Wisdom, which shows he's only willing to do away with age inappropriate relationships as long as he's not spearheading them)

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Shooter has admitted the Marcus storyline was horrific and has apologized for it multiple times. Claremont still gets very defensive when you attack Kitty/Colossus. And his current position is that the love of Kitty's life is some 30+ year old guy that Kitty fell in love with... when she was 16.

(Yet Claremont also went out of his way to nix her relationship with Pete Wisdom, which shows he's only willing to do away with age inappropriate relationships as long as he's not spearheading them)
    30 year +? is that wisdom?
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Claremont is also the guy that gave us Doug and Betsy , althougth at least they didn't act on it.

That guy vision of romance is odd...
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-09-2018 at 04:59 PM.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

This is why Kitty got thrown in that goddamned bullet and we got spunky fresh youth in Pixie.

But nooooo, that wasn't good enough for the house polloi. You made this bed "fans", sleep in it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    30 year +? is that wisdom?
    Grandpa MacTaggert.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Shadowcat & Colossus fit imo. Guess others feel different
    I would have preferred Gambit and Rogue but I agree, it works to me. I think we're seeing some kind of contrived feminist slant here with verbiage such as 'unequal power dynamics' and differentials and such. I say contrived because I never ever got the impression Kitty was being lorded over by Colossus. If anything she's always been in my mind an extremely intelligent woman who knows what she wants and Piotr is a gentle protective giant. Heh, just thinking he's a 'protective' giant these days might elicit some scowls by some.
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 06-09-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    You don't remember Colossus repaying Kitty's affection? They made out on more than one occasion. They dated for awhile. He clearly was attracted to her. And I will blame him, because any 18-year old should have enough damn sense not to return the feelings of a child.

And you do realize you're saying that a 13-YEAR OLD child is responsible for what Piotr was doing?

Age is a tricky thing in comics to analyze because would never say that Kitty when she joined the X-mens was 13 and for the record in some countries the majority begins after 20 years and 18 does not necessarily means be mature.

In any case there is no illegality in the form of the law.

At this point do not understand why this is so important anymore.

Should marvel make Kitty tell Colossus that he is a monster for never denying his assaults? Even after he saved her life so many times?

Should marvel make Colossus admit he's a pedophile and be arrested? Although never crossed the line?

What about Xavier and the rest of the X-mens? Should they be equally guilty?

I know these are one of those stories where we realize that something very wrong happened after years and that would not be written this way in today's times but now it's late you can not change the past.

It's no different than what happened to Carol, the strange connection between Pietro and Wanda, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones @#$% sex or Spider selling their wedding to the devil.
    Last edited by Knives; 06-09-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The thing is that by constantly revisiting the relationship and by glorifying its past, its problematic existence effectively is written today. Guggs went out of his way to have Colossus state that she was too young but went in on her anyway.
    Exactly this.

Ok fine sure let’s say it wasn’t as big a deal back then. But validating and reaffirming it in the present is what makes it a problem.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Kinda wished Psylocke and Colossus had a thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Nah.
    Wisdom.
    Bobby.
    Seth.
    Anybody else.
    All worse.
    lolno. Wisdom was her only real adult relationship that worked. And even that was a shameless authorial insert.

I guess Kitty and Bobby made cute beards for each other too. And hilariously even they had more legit chemistry than the upcoming marriage.

BANNED

Give it a rest, you Kitty-Colossus haters.

Kitty and Colossus wedding is the best thing to happen in X-Men since the wedding of Jean and Scott.

There are not many (happy) weddings in X-Men so don't spoil it.

Give them your best wishes, "till death do us part...."
    Last edited by jalsrix; 06-09-2018 at 10:00 PM.