Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Default Thoughts on Tom King's Superman/Batman dynamic?

I just finished Batman #36, the first issue of Tom King's Batman where Superman has a real role in it. I have to say, I was pretty skeptical of how Superman was going to get treated since nearly every Batman writer takes the opportunity to lower Superman to make Batman look better, but I really, really appreciated King's approach to the dynamic between Clark and Bruce. The dialogue between Clark and Lois about Bruce, and the dialogue between Bruce and Selina about Clark was tremendously on point in terms of mutual respect, admiration, a tinge of jealously but in the end, brotherhood.

Ready to crack open #37 with a smile...

BANNED

I really liked it. It's a pleasure to see superheroes behaving like friends instead of bashing each others' skulls in.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I really liked it. It's a pleasure to see superheroes behaving like friends instead of bashing each others' skulls in.
    Agree 1000%. When I was a boy, the friendship between Superman and Batman was arguably my favorite element of superheroes.

I agree with both of you. It was really refreshing. It made me think of the simplicity and greatness of Superman #7 by Tomasi and Gleason.

I loved it. This is Tomasi's and Superson's Bats and Supes which is how I like them though so moments were like in the 1st Superfriends was just out of character and forced.