Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    The MCU certainly did not handle Ultron well.
    Agreed. I love James Spader as a bad guy, but Ultron is a genocidal robot with Oedipus issues not having a snarky personality. What's made Ultron a great villain is his ties to so many of the Avengers NOT named Tony Stark. Making him a Stark creation instead of Pym while logical given the story line in MCU doesn't work the same way.

And I see Kang as mostly an F4 villain especially considering the MCU couldn't use him until now.
    I think Kang has only once had a direct encounter with the F4, despite being of the Richards family. He's an Avengers villain almost from the beginning of their very existence and one could argue, they are the reason he even exists.

False.

I think the general consensus has always been that it's not that Marvel doesn't have any credible villains, it's that Marvel hasn't always used their villains at their full potential. Honestly, I always felt that Marvel had more variety with their villains in comparison to DC. IMO, there seems to be a sharper decline in quality with the DC villains than the Marvel villains.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Agreed. I love James Spader as a bad guy, but Ultron is a genocidal robot with Oedipus issues not having a snarky personality. What's made Ultron a great villain is his ties to so many of the Avengers NOT named Tony Stark. Making him a Stark creation instead of Pym while logical given the story line in MCU doesn't work the same way.
    I'm not seeing it.

Pym didn't even exist as a character in the MCU when Age Of Ultron came out.
    Ultron as a genocidal robot with Oedipus issues, based on the parsonality of Tony stark, would obviously have a snarky personality.
    I don't think 616 Ultron (basically a Dalek without the charm and personality) could even have worked as a main movie villain.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

DAREDEVIL has a ton of great villains.

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    It should specifically say ‘THE AVENGERS’ have no good villains.
    Spider-Man & the X-Men have tons.
    Blasphemy.

The Avengers have MODOK.

In the comics False

In the MCU it's 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    of course he is

Well I suppose it depends which day of the week it is

Well, maybe in the films.

But in the comics, he hasn't been a villain since he made Genosha.

He's someone who believes in ACTUAL mutant revolution, not the watered down politics of "sitting around and doing nothing" liberal Scott Summers.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Well, maybe in the films.

But in the comics, he hasn't been a villain since he made Genosha.

He's someone who believes in ACTUAL mutant revolution, not the watered down politics of "sitting around and doing nothing" liberal Scott Summers.
    I think Magneto still fits under the "villain" moniker, however loosely, given how often his methods and endgame can put him at odds with the heroes even if his goal isn't altogether "evil" in the true sense of the word, even if he's willing to commit "evil" acts to succeed.

I guess you could say he's more "antagonist" then villain.

Though he has been more regularly on the X-Men's side in the past several years then he has been in the past, so I guess there's that.

X-Men.
    Fantastic Four.
    Spider-Man.
    Read these and lets see if they "have no good villains"

BANNED

This has gotta be troll.thread..lol

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Marvel has tons of good villains. They just either A) redeem them needlessly or B) kill them off. Then we get stuck with heroes fighting heroes.
    And the only actual villains left are the total jokes like Paste Pot Pete and Stilt-Man.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

I thought this was an MCU villain thread. Its false but at least there can be a discussion. But in comics? Oh please. I am a DC fan. And even i can point out Marvel villains who simply rule. Some literally.

Somebody tell me its a thread to discuss MCU villains. Pardon my condescending style of answer. Answer is simply false.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 12-23-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Ultimate Member

While I'm not generally a fan of villains (or antagonists) turning hero (Punisher, Magneto, Doom, Emma, Deadpool, etc.), it's certainly not unique to Marvel, now that various Justice League teams of the last five years have had Catwoman, Lex Luthor, 'Citizen' Cold, Lobo and Killer Frost as members, and other villains like Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Catman, etc. are pretty much anti-heroes at this point.

Still, generally speaking, without villains turning hero, we wouldn't have half the Avengers (Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Namor, Wonder Man, the Vision, Moondragon, just some of the characters that started out as Avengers foes, and ended up joining the team), and we wouldn't have Songbird, one of my favorite villains-turned-hero of all time.

Marvel has loads of great villains, but they just don't use them. Instead they keep going to the same tired old villains. Those being Dr. Doom, Thanos and Galactus. Every so often another villain like Kang gets the spotlight, but in general (especially for events) it's the same ones being overused.
    That is of course when they aren't doing the umpteenth heroes vs heroes storyline.
    #EmmaWasRight

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Marvel has tons of great villains,but they didn't use them well in movies.Only Magneto and Loki were good in movies, IMO.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius