Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Default Name your 5 FAVORITE DC CHARACTERS you're currently reading (Dec 2017 EDITION)

I'm not asking for your 5 favorite characters of all time, but rather based on what you're reading RIGHT NOW, who are your top 5 characters. I'm going to ask this every month to see how much it fluctuates for other people, as mine definitely does. Here's mine:

1. Superman
    2. Mister Miracle
    3. Deathstroke
    4. Green Arrow
    5. Aquaman

BANNED

1. Cassandra Cain (She's not the Cass I know and love but she's still fantastic during the rare moments she gets in 'Tec.)
    2. Kenan Kong
    3. Jessica Cruz
    4. Deilan Peng
    5. Avery Ho

1. Kate Kane
    2. Cassandra Cain
    3. Clayface
    4. Artemis
    5. Jason Todd

Last two were hard to pick.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

At the moment mine are...

1.Lois Lane. (I know this is an interesting choice but Lois is kicking all kinds of ass recently, from becoming a Female Fury on Apokolips to embarking on an impossible mission to save her father in Superman, to being Clark's rock in Action Comics, and being super fun in Batman on that double date.) Man Lois needs her own book.
    2. Superman
    3. Hal Jordan
    4. Kyle Rayner
    5. Red Hood

1. Damian Wayne
    2. Jon Kent
    3. Barbara Minerva
    4. Lois Lane
    5. Selina Kyle despite that King’s writing is a bit weird sometimes

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

1.Damian Wayne
    2.Jon Kent
    3.Clark Kent
    4.Bruce Wayne
    5.Lois Lane

Just off the top of my hand, all of these guys are being treated well right now. I have a ton more characters that are doing well also though.

Fantastic Member

1. Batman
    2. Superman
    3. Flash
    4. Green arrow
    5. Aquaman
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Mera
    Loma Shade
    Aquaman
    Orion
    Leepuck Lado
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-20-2017 at 10:13 PM.

That I'm CURRENTLY reading?

Uhm

Mister Miracle
    Barda
    Orion
    Darkseid
    Granny Goodness

I'm not collecting anything but King's MM series.

Mister Miracle
    Big Barda
    Deathstroke
    Aquaman
    Forager

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Frost - I love what they are doing with Caitlin in JLA, she's great. I've been reading her stories from when she first showed up as Killer Frost, to now. Great character growth.

Ray - I haven't always been into him, but he's cool and as a gay man, myself, I want to support great LGBT characters.

Vixen - She's always been a favorite of mine, for sure top five females in DC and she seems to be taking a leader role on JLA, so that's great.

Supergirl - Not too into her new stuff, been reading it off and on, but I've always enjoyed the girl of steel.

Starfire - I'm a bit behind on Teen Titans, but I've been enjoying her role in it. I'm liking her character a lot more in this, than in her own series that she had, so that's a plus ha ha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Deathstroke
    Lobo
    (OG) Wally West
    Green Arrow
    Constantine
    Honorable Mentions to Nightwing and Red Hood

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

This is not a great moment for my favourite characters, so sadly most of all aren't in this list.
    Anyway it's hard to find someone well written at the moment.
    I'll go with:

Guy Gardner
    Arkillo
    Jon Kent
    Superman
    Catwoman

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

1. Batman
    2. Mister Miracle
    3. Tim Drake
    4. Catwoman
    5. Captain Cold (it was a toss-up between Cold and The Flash himself, but after the last page of the latest issue of Flash I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dying to know what Cold will do next issue).

Honourable mentions to The Flash, Nightwing, Red Hood and Lobo(!).

Honestly, making this list is harder than I thought it'd be. There are a lot of factors in current DC books that take away from enjoying a character or run, like, I'd love to say Superman (in Action Comics, Tomasi's 'Superman' is pretty dire), but I'm not too keen on the current set up overall and I dislike Jon. That and odd choices, like, we have perhaps the biggest, baddest Superman Revenge Squad of all time but wait... Superman's also blind! And his family is in the Fortress! And he has a library book due back today, but the library closes in 2 minutes!

Green Arrow is another, I really enjoy the book, its light and fun, but something I can't quite put my finger on is off about the whole book and characters.

Btw, my above list is only the current month/bi-weeklies. Its been years since I read Ostrander's Suicide Squad and have been getting the trades. Just got the latest volume yesterday and, Batman (by Tom King) and Mister Miracle aside, nothing else I'm reading holds a candle to the characterisation in that book (same goes for Grell's Green Arrow that I'm also reading in trades).
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Currently?

Guy Gardner
    Hal Jordan
    Wally West
    Clark Kent
    Lois Lane

Honorable mentions: John Stewart, Slade Wilson, Tim Drake, Cyborg, Jason Todd, Artemis, and Bizarro.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 12-21-2017 at 04:36 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!