Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Welp it's will be a bad top five with a lot of nostalgia but welp.

1. Roy Harper (even if the book is actually bad, he still is the most well written character of it)
    2. Donna Troy (nostalgia ~ (but she was great at the beginning of the books like ~ the 6 first issue and she was correct is the rest)
    3. Mera
    4. Jon Kent
    5. Jessica Cruz

Bruce Wayne
    Selina Kyle
    Mister Miracle
    Big Barda
    Tim Drake

Honorable mention to Superman and Lois, every character in Doom Patrol, Shade, and Forager.

There are a lot of newer characters I love a lot (Jessica Cruz is a big favorite for me) but none that are currently being better written than those above.

1. Superman
    2. Batman
    3. Flash
    4. Aquaman
    5. Mr. Miracle

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Batman
    Catwoman
    Supergirl
    Crazy Jane (whenever Doom Patrol manages to come out lol)
    The Flash (Barry)

Wonder Woman and Barbara Minerva/the Cheetah would have been on there but the latter hasn't appeared in a while since Rucka left and I'm dropping WW soon until the whole mess with Grail is over with it. Nightwing would have been on there too, but I dropped that with Seeley's departure.

I desperately want Superman, Hal Jordan and some of the Titans on there, but the creative directions for their books aren't doing anything for me at all.

- Green Lantern (Hal)
    - Orion
    - Batman
    - Negative Man
    - Catwoman

Incredible Member

1.) Superman
    2.) Batman
    3.) Green Arrow
    4.) The Flash
    5.) Nightwing

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I'm really surprised how many mentions got Rebirth's Tim Drake version, I'm a huge fan of the character but can't relate with him these days.

1.)Green Arrow
    2.)Red Hood
    3.)Nightwing
    4.)Mr. Terrific
    5.)Hal Jordan
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I'm really surprised how many mentions got Rebirth's Tim Drake version, I'm a huge fan of the character but can't relate with him these days.
    I see his evolution as a natural one. And he still doesn't want to become the future him he fought. But he's becoming an adult. He's bound to evolve. I've really enjoyed the way Tynion has handled the whole Bat Family.

Then again, the Young Justice generation was the one time I stepped away from comics for a time and I haven't read much of the original Tim, Conner, Cassie, Bart stuff except in Johns' Teen Titans and the main Batman book. I didn't read his Robin title way back and I didn't read any of the Peter David Young Justice comic. So I'm not totally in touch with the character's history. He's a favorite of mine now but that doesn't mean he's being written in character. I don't know if he is or isn't according to those 90s stories.

I'm also always a sucker for the possible future storylines and their Elseworlds nature. I can't get enough of them so I really loved the Titans of Tomorrow storyline in Teen Titans and I'm enjoying having a version of that future in current comics.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I see his evolution as a natural one. And he still doesn't want to become the future him he fought. But he's becoming an adult. He's bound to evolve. I've really enjoyed the way Tynion has handled the whole Bat Family.

Then again, the Young Justice generation was the one time I stepped away from comics for a time and I haven't read much of the original Tim, Conner, Cassie, Bart stuff except in Johns' Teen Titans and the main Batman book. I didn't read his Robin title way back and I didn't read any of the Peter David Young Justice comic. So I'm not totally in touch with the character's history. He's a favorite of mine now but that doesn't mean he's being written in character. I don't know if he is or isn't according to those 90s stories.
    We are exactly at the opposite about Tim. I've read everything from the start until John's Titans beginning, which I've read a few issues.

Sadly his evolution it's not natural. It was before N52 with his former Red Robin series (I've read it lately) but was brutally stopped with reboot and now is rambling.

We have an opposite background even with the batfamily. My ideal batfamily was the one at the Dixon era with Tim as Robin, Steph as Spoiler, Cass as Batgirl, Huntress, Nightwing and Oracle.
    Maybe it's beacuse of my nostalgia but I really can't relate with Tynion batfamily, to me many characters are totally out of character and i also find his way of writing very cheap.
    Otherwise I like King's batman, his Bruce is the most human i can remember from many years. I've also liked how King handled Dick in "Grayson" and I'd like to have him trying something with Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I'm also always a sucker for the possible future storylines and their Elseworlds nature. I can't get enough of them so I really loved the Titans of Tomorrow storyline in Teen Titans and I'm enjoying having a version of that future in current comics.
    It's incredible but we are at the opposite even here
    I really hate Elseworlds stories, Multiverse and everything moves away from current reality. So I have great problem with Titans of Tomorrow storyline.
    It's a matter of tastes!
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 12-22-2017 at 04:06 AM.

1. Superman
    2. Lois Lane
    3. Jon Kent
    4. Catwoman
    5. Mister Miracle

Special mention to Big Barda, Clayface and Cassandra Cain. I really enjoy reading Big Barda. Also loving Clayface and Cassandra Cain. They appear a bit less but i enjoy a lot.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 12-22-2017 at 04:26 AM.

1. Clark Kent
    2. Lois Lane
    3. Jon Kent
    4. Hal Jordan
    5. Bruce Wayne

Honourable mentions : Barry, Mera, Aquaman, Selina, Kara, Damian, Kyle.

1. Superman
    2. Mr. Miracle
    3. Batman
    4. Nightwing
    5. The Flash

This was tougher for me to narrow down than I first thought. I'm enjoying quite a bit of DC these days.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    We are exactly at the opposite about Tim. I've read everything from the start until John's Titans beginning, which I've read a few issues.

Sadly his evolution it's not natural. It was before N52 with his former Red Robin series (I've read it lately) but was brutally stopped with reboot and now is rambling.

We have an opposite background even with the batfamily. My ideal batfamily was the one at the Dixon era with Tim as Robin, Steph as Spoiler, Cass as Batgirl, Huntress, Nightwing and Oracle.
    Maybe it's beacuse of my nostalgia but I really can't relate with Tynion batfamily, to me many characters are totally out of character and i also find his way of writing very cheap.
    Otherwise I like King's batman, his Bruce is the most human i can remember from many years. I've also liked how King handled Dick in "Grayson" and I'd like to have him trying something with Tim.

It's incredible but we are at the opposite even here
    I really hate Elseworlds stories, Multiverse and everything moves away from current reality. So I have great problem with Titans of Tomorrow storyline.
    It's a matter of tastes!
    I'm a actually a mix of both of you as far as Tim. lol

I read Tim from his beginning in Batman, some of his solo run, and all of him in Peter David's Young justice. As well as Tim in Johns Teen Titans and I much prefer Tim pre Johns TT.

Pre Johns TT Tim had a unique and likable personality which was going along a natural progression. Then Johns came along and decided to speed up Young Justice's progression and change their personalities unnatureley and overnight.

For Tim that meant making him super serious and obsessive. Batman Jr. basically. Not who Tim is. Tynion seems to be making Tim a mix of these two which I'm ok with. Although the current story line has Tim going down that path again but I'm hoping that's only a story line.

My favorite Batfamily is also Chuck Dixon's. It's a real shame what they did to Barbara. taking away her awesome Oracle identity and just making her another generic Batfamily character. And Huntress, who was really great they completely changed. I'm glad they have brought back a lot of these Batfamily members that the New52 got rid of with Rebirth, but they still are not the same characters, or as good and got a ways to go.

As far as Elseworlds, Multiverse stories and such I don't mind them and think they are fun as long as they are only used sparingly and are not the deciding factor in how the main DCU progresses. DC is doing ok in this regard but is kinda pushing it a little.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 12-22-2017 at 12:09 PM.