Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What do you want to see happen to Jason?

I mean I don't hate the character but I feel like maybe they could have used him better or at least did something better. Like through magical means, Hippoltya has kept connected with him. I think it's wrong for a woman who would stand against the Gods to just leave her son and not tell Diana

Incredible Member

Honestly - retconned out of continuity during DC's next "big event" when every character has their mythology rewritten (except for Batman) to keep things "fresh and interesting" (and "dark and gritty").

I'm all for a Wonder Warrior / Wondrous Man / Wonder Boy / Wonder Whatever joining Diana's group of allies - IN TIME. But, not at the expense of introducing, establishing and maintaining a relationship between Diana and her traditional legacy characters of Donna and Cassie. And not before establishing and using a traditional supporting cast for Diana, including Steve Trevor and Etta Candy (and ideally others like Hippolyta, Ferdinand, Artemis, etc).

Killed out or retconned out of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean I don't hate the character but I feel like maybe they could have used him better or at least did something better. Like through magical means, Hippoltya has kept connected with him. I think it's wrong for a woman who would stand against the Gods to just leave her son and not tell Diana
    I would like to see him swept away, along with the Zeus origin and Diana's years of pointless "fake memories" of the Azzarello Run (if you're going to remove it from continuity, why have it hang around as "fake memory" baggage?), by some chronowave at the end of The Doomsday Clock.

Diana does not need a long-lost twin brother. (They gave Barry Allen one of those once. As far as I know, he's been wiped from continuity as well. And Barry didn't even spend years having "fake memories" of that storyline once it was invalidated!)

While they're at it, they can get rid of the whole "the Amazons and Themyscira were created to keep Ares imprisoned, and Diana hasn't been able to go back there for the entirety of her superhero career, although she believed she could" thing as well.

Some of the stories about Diana that have been done since the start of Flashpoint (followed by The New 52, then Rebirth) have been interesting in an Elseworlds kind of way, but I can't think of a single one that I consider a healthy contribution to Wonder Woman as an ongoing character with her own supporting cast and mythos. And I agree with Agent 86 that the whole Team Zeus stuff has come at the expense of supporting characters that I'm much more interested and invested in, and that seem to get poorly treated or ignored with every reboot/retcon/rebranding.

But that's just me. (And maybe Agent 86.)
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 12-20-2017 at 10:03 PM.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Killed out or retconned out of existence.
    Honestly, dropped and never picked up again. Like when Beast Boy went from red to green and no one said anything and still hasn't.

An argument can be made for Heracles or Perseus to be brought into the franchise as a foil against Diana's Amazon ideology, Son of Vulcan as a generational hero country cousin, a younger male that sees Diana as a mentor... hell ANY hero that sees Diana as a mentor, but I fail to understand Jason's worth. His character origin weakens the already weak Themysciran timeline, in addition to several character assassinations. He's poison in the water.

Ditto the stance of CRaymond, Bifrost, Sakuymons, and Agent86 for me.

Mighty Member

Dead or retconned out of existence along with Grail.

Astonishing Member

Retconned in, so retconned out. As soon as possible. Blame Dr. Manhattan or dark matter or whatever if it makes them feel better.

Or, as Dr. Seuss might say, he can go by foot, he can go by cow, I don't care, just please go now!

So would it rather make sense for the amazons to be guarding the doom gate ? I mean Ares couldneadkly have been hidden somewhere else

Severly injured so he gets cybernetic upgrades which turns him into Nu52's version of Genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So would it rather make sense for the amazons to be guarding the doom gate ? I mean Ares couldneadkly have been hidden somewhere else
    I find the entire idea of Ares being locked away for 3000+ years to be ill-conceived. It takes him off the board for stories set in the past. The ancient Romans worshipped him (as Mars) - was he the only deity who couldn't answer? If someone wants to set a story in the 1400's in which a a character who worships Ares gets empowered by the god, and then fights Etrigan; or a WW II story that includes a plot where Ares motivates a secret cult of followers to pursue some horrific goal; or anything - they're out of luck.

Taking an interesting, well-known character and declaring that he's been imprisoned from ancient times until today limits the stories you can tell concerning that character. And in this case I don't think it was done for a particularly compelling reason.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Permanent supporting character in the Wonder Woman mythos. Get to know Steve, get to know Etta, the whole nine yards. Pops in and out as any regular supporting character would. The Wonder Woman mythos has a history of giving up on everything rather quickly. Its been a staple of her title that has kept it down for decades. Getting rid of the character entirely would only be more of the same and ensure DC has learned nothing of their mistakes with her property (but then again, they usually don't learn from their mistakes on anything).
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-21-2017 at 12:41 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I would like him to be permanent as well. It’s good she has a wonder guy in her family now. I can’t wait for more.

Spectacular Member

I'd like to see him stay but I do not like how he is being introduced so far. Seems like a brat which would explain why most people don't like him.

But for those that don't want to see him again, fear not. Nothing about Wonder Womans origin and mythos ever sticks

Since this arc is such a cliche? I'd give him a big, memorable death scene where he redeems himself to save his sister.