Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default So basically Mephisto gets away with it and NEVER pays the price?

It's been years now...and he got away with ruining a marriage for giggles. He would of never get away with that in Surfer's book. But here we are..almost in 2018..Aunt May survived but he had to sell out and do the IRRESPONSIBLE thing to get the result he wanted. Will Mephisto ever pay for what he got away with??

i hear they tied mephisto to a desk and made him read all the omd posts on cbr

he's being punished, don't worry
    troo fan or death

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i hear they tied mephisto to a desk and made him read all the omd posts on cbr

he's being punished, don't worry
    And he is not the only one. Why every single complaint about OMD needs its own thread instead of the 20 or so already there baffles me.

It's pretty amusing that Mephisto might've done far worse things, but the one thing he's remembered is OMD (Which is actualy pretty tame) lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    And he is not the only one. Why every single complaint about OMD needs its own thread instead of the 20 or so already there baffles me.
    OMD probably has more threads than Slott has had issues.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    It's been years now...and he got away with ruining a marriage for giggles. He would of never get away with that in Surfer's book. But here we are..almost in 2018..Aunt May survived but he had to sell out and do the IRRESPONSIBLE thing to get the result he wanted. Will Mephisto ever pay for what he got away with??
    You know that Mephisto KILLED Hawkeye's wife and got away with it, right?

BANNED

didn't she actually not die and was replaced by a skrull?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    didn't she actually not die and was replaced by a skrull?
    Yeah, it was her Skrull that was condemned.

I've always had a suspicion Slott chose Bobbi as a love interest solely because of the Mephisto connection.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I don’t think he got away with anything. Tbh, Mephisto’s deal with Peter was one of the only times Mephisto hasn’t screwed anyone over - I would have expected Aunt May to immediately die a couple issues into BND in regular circumstances. Overall, Mephisto was actually a good guy during this deal, he just did what Peter and MJ wanted - no more, no less.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I don’t think he got away with anything. Tbh, Mephisto’s deal with Peter was one of the only times Mephisto hasn’t screwed anyone over
    He did screw people over, he cost Peter and MJ their daughter and he literally said a portion of MJ and Peter's souls would be in eternal torment. Hell he even popped up in Spidey/Deadpool last year specifically to remind Peter he had lost something and attempted to claim more of his soul.

Not to mention the March solicitations for Damnation reveal he's still obsessed with the Parkers.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 12-21-2017 at 07:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    He did screw people over, he cost Peter and MJ their daughter and he literally said a portion of MJ and Peter's souls would be in eternal torment. Hell he even popped up in Spidey/Deadpool last year specifically to remind Peter he had lost something and attempted to claim more of his soul.

Not to mention the March solicitations for Damnation reveal he's still obsessed with the Parkers.
    No he really hasnt screwed anyone over. He has done exactly was he promised so far. Peter and MJ were warnd about those things before taking the deal so if anything its their, well Marvel`s, fault what happened to them more then anything.

Still, what he did is pretty tame, Peter and MJ had a long relationship, Spidey's secret identity became a secret again, Aunt May was fine (He didn't try to kill her in some other way or injure her), and even characters like Norman forgot his secret identity, I'd say there was more good than bad with the deal with Spidey himself, which is really weird considering this is Mephisto we're talking about and he didn't try to **** Peter up by abusing loopholes (Like making everyone forget but keep the videos of his unmasking around just so they can remember), though their daughter was erased because of it, but they didn't even know about her.

And honestly, if he's still so obssessed with the Parkers, it just shows that the deal he made with them was just dumb, between Mephisto not abusing loopholes and Peter making a deal with Mephisto to begin with, it's hard to know who's the biggest moron.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Peter and MJ had a long relationship
    My theory on that is Mephisto had to retain the bulk the relationship in order to maintain some consistency with his personal timeline (the times he faced Peter during the relationship) and then when they were caught up in the present his influence was free to trigger their break-up. No way Peter and MJ would have realistically split if their entire history together was intact.

People were fine because MJ offered Mephisto something in return for Peter being better off. Sure the whisper was retconned to be something else, but there is always a price paid with a deal, I like to think Aunt May finding happiness with Jay then losing it with his loss was part of that penance, as was Peter finding fortune but in a costly way, coupled with the hardships Parker Industries faced afterwards.

Incredible Member

So basically we are never getting a sticky mega thread for One More Day?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

OMD probably has more threads than Slott has had issues.
    LOL. Wouldn't surprise me actually. It's definitely had more posts about it than Slott has had issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It's pretty amusing that Mephisto might've done far worse things, but the one thing he's remembered is OMD (Which is actualy pretty tame) lol.
    True, LOL.