Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Doesn't the title itself spoil the surprise?
    The fact that she comes back to life, yes absolutely. But beyond that, one could speculate about Jean keeping her Phoenix name and powers, going solo, joining the Avengers, joining one of the existing X-teams. By announcing Red you basically spoil what's going to happen to the main character at the end of Phoenix Resurrection.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I'm excited for Jean's return. She's one of my favorite characters and I'm looking forward to seeing how she deals with the deaths of Scott, Xavier and all the drama that has happened since she's been gone. However, I think I would've been MORE excited if I DIDN'T know Jean was coming back. One of my favorite moments of Battle of The Atom was when it was revealed that the "Xorn" character was actually Jean. I put the book down and had to catch my breath. It was a shock and a great comic moment. I feel that telling us Jean was returning took away one of those great comic moments where we're genuinely surprised. I understand that Marvel has to market and solicit, but I wish there was a way to not have the "spoiler" and find out she was coming back in an organic way in the moment of a great story. And there was no way I could've avoided this information. It was prominently featured on a lot of things I read. But, I will buy Phoenix Resurrection and X-Men Red. It just would've been cooler to have it be a surprise. That's all. I'm not trying to be negative. I just want to raise a talking point in this community because none of my friends care about this stuff.
    Yeah I really hate how people know all these things so far in advance... in general I prefer to just take each issue as it comes and read it then for the experience and THEN talk about it. People now talk like they totally know what will happen based on very very very little info... but it's the nature of contemporary online fandom
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I love the fact that this board is generally positive and people take the time to post things that make sense without bashing each other. Thanks for the comments. I just hope Jean's return is EPIC and she's handled with respect and written well.