Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Dazzler would be neat. Wiccan and Hulkling would be nice to see as well. Erm, I've not really got that many I can name really except for Wasp (Janet Van Dyne), Kaine + Hummingbird and...MJ? (Ok that last one is a pipe dream but a guy can dream right?)

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    The thing is is there are some really great books out there selling less than that. People just need to try something new from time to time.
    Trying something new is anathema to some people. The very idea that characters can grow and change and/or go in directions they dont like or want make everything modern awful.

Sometimes people like that should stay in the back catalogue section.

A lot of recent cancellations aren't down to bad writing or creative, but down to, frankly, bad 'fans.'

As such, I'd love to see Wiccan and Hulkling get a book, or Iceman get a team leader role in a book, or see a new What If title.....but people wont buy them however good they are if they dont fit in to the little box they want characters in in their heads. For example:

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Not all gay people stay gay.
    I've known several to go back for various reasons.
    The return of straight Bobby isn't out of the question at some point.
    So have I, and they've all been lies and ended up with that person in a worse place than they ever were.

Bobby's gay now. Deal with it.
    Last edited by legion_quest; 12-21-2017 at 11:25 AM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I do think the cancellations are in part clearing the deck for some new titles. The timing, with them ending as No Surrender is also ending, does kind of make it seem like there will be a new marketing push to coincide with what happens with the Avengers books post-No Surrender, and it would make sense to launch some other new books at that time.
    Given the lead time for comics, April is the first month where Cebulski's influence is really going to be seen. So it's natural that there'd be a "clearing of the decks" in advance of that. I'm sure there's going to be a number of new titles in April. Both Donny Cates and Jim Zub have mentioned on their Twitter pages that they have new Marvel books coming up and I imagine both of those will start in April.

With Cebluski surely looking to make a splash as incoming EiC and Marvel as a coming surely looking to maximize on the release of Infinity War, April and May will see a lot of new stuff arriving.

Alpha Flight. Original Team + Old Man Logan to add sales (There's enough Wolverines to spare one for Canada)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Bring back Finesse and all the kids Dennis the Hopeless killed off before you relaunch Young Avengers, Marvel.

Spectacular Member

I would love a new Thunderbolts. Have Songbird, Bucky (or Hawkeye) and maybe Kobik bring it recent villains who have skirted with being heroes, including Taskmaster, Black Ant and the new Nighthawk from the end of Occupy Avengers. Their first mission would be to find if Mach VIII and Jolt survived the end of the previous series' explosion.

Incredible Member

Based of allot of people’s ideas why not just do a lot of Minis? A few minis at a time using various characters like the ones mentioned. If they sell awesome you can expand those past the mini if they don’t you still have the character the chance and you’re exploring characters who haven’t had the spotlight.

BANNED

Polaris. Strike while the iron is hot. Social media wants to see much more of this character. Pull the damn trigger.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Polaris. Strike while the iron is hot. Social media wants to see much more of this character. Pull the damn trigger.
    Can't believe I forgot about her. Yes, I agree.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

In the case of Marvel, the only reason a title won't be cancelled and remains an ongoing is if it consistently stays above (at the very least) 20,000 units per month. If it goes below, it will eventually be canned. There are a very few exceptions such as Captain Marvel where their agenda, for some reason, is to push the heck out of her by making her a main character in events snd team titles, giving her a film and so on in the hope that eventually she will catch on. I wonder how long they'll keep promoting her until they'll eventually call it a day as they did with Guardians of the Galaxy.

Btw, the marketing and hype on GotG was top notch and the comic did really well for a long time producing several spinoff solo titles. They eventually all died down and even the main title has now been cancelled. It probably will resurface what with the third film.

Ms. Marvel is another example where sales are not the best but the collected editions sell well and the ongoing has been generally critically well received. Squirrel Girl is another title that's been pushed and given special collected oversized collections but it seems it will finally be cancelled IIRC.

I believe Fantastic Four will be a dead cert with the right buildup.

Personally, I'd love to see a Captain Britain or Marvel UK title but it's not going to happen unless it's a mini-series. If only Marvel only operated in the sphere of comics such as the Indies like IDW, DH and Valiant but they never will because they're in if for the fat $$$$ and have to justify their overheads.

Secret Avengers:

I do hope that Tales of Suspense will lead up to that actually.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS or MARVEL FANFARE style anthology book headed by a character with a strong following (but perhaps not strong enough to sustain their own solo ongoing) with other stories each issue featuring niche characters and/or rising behind the scenes talent.

Lead character suggestions:
    Captain Marvel
    Nova
    Spiderwoman
    Ultimates
    Adam Warlock
    Gwenpool/SpiderGwen
    Young Avengers/Avengers Academy

Given Marvel’s current situation I think they should go with easy wins rather than risky titles:

1. Logan : Wolverine
    2. Spider-Man : Peter Parker
    3. Iron Man : Tony Stark
    4. Thor
    5. Captain America
    6. Logan and Deadpool

Lol the DC approach

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Secret Avengers:

I do hope that Tales of Suspense will lead up to that actually.
    I actually want this too and it hurt me that I didn't thought about that...

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

The truth, seeing all the ideas, any character or team could have their chance (including my dear Enchantress), but if there is not a creative team that sustains it (writer and artist, well synchronized and well known that sells enough for themselves), many of these things if they became reality as regular series or limited series, it would not last too long like what is happening actually.